Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2023 at 1:38 PM
Default How to tweak uniforms?
My biggest motivation for wanting to learn to mod the game is that I can't stand how homogeneous the worlds are. I really want my bartenders in Oasis Springs to look different from my bartenders in Windenburg. And bartenders in a fancy lounge should look different from bartenders in a dive bar. I found a mod, "Threads", that does most of what I want. But it doesn't seem to fully override the defaults. I can't add hats or make people barefoot, for example. I've looked at the "outfit_Uniform_Bartender" xml to get an idea of what is going on, but I have no idea how to interpret it. Some of the categories have a value of "0", some of the categories have no value. "Shoes" aren't even listed. There's a number in the file that I assume is a reference to the actual outfit data file. But I can't find a file that defines the outfit. If I did find it, could I just change the instance numbers in it to match the CAS stuff I wanted?

Ideally, what I'd like to do is unlock the restaurant/vet clinic uniform picker mechanism for all venues and have full control over every aspect of the uniforms, including accessories.