Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Kankritty : 13th Nov 2014 at 3:22 PM.
Default I can't play the game! (Solved)
Hey there! I have Windows 8.1 and once I get the game up and into CAS, when I click a button, it crashes and the screen is black as heck.
The FAQs are not helping me at all because I've only just installed the game.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 4:44 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 13th Nov 2014 at 6:17 AM. Reason: added link
Could be your comp specs (mainly graphics) are not up to game recommendations. Check the game specifications against your computers hardware. Just Google Sims 4 game specifications.

You can go to this link but java needs to be turned on.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.co...temId=12305&p=r
or here
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-s...m-requirements/

There are lots of help pages if you Google Sims 4 black screen error or Google Sims 4 error or crashes.

Some people find the crashes stop if they play in windows mode, but first please check you have the right computer specifications to run the game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 3:22 PM
Thank you for your help but I have sorted it out now - I did the same as I did for TS2:UC, update and "repair" the game through Origin.
Working brilliantly (y)

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Thank you for your help but I have sorted it out now - I did the same as I did for TS2:UC, update and "repair" the game through Origin.
Working brilliantly (y)

I'm glad you got it sorted.
I didn't think to mention updating as you said you had just installed it and generally it does an auto update when you first press play and Origin opens.
Happy Simming