Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 10:08 PM Last edited by Lamare : 1st Apr 2017 at 1:57 PM.
Default Light, ghost shadow, and height of a candle
I wanted to use this candle and take the glass part off in SimPE. I did that and then realized, the candle flies above a table due to emptiness in place of glass.

The picture is of original candle, but you get the idea.

Is there an easy and quick way to change the height of this candle? Something as easy as changing some numbers in SimPE (like with slots). Or should I put glass back.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 2:34 AM
It will require meshing.
The candle mesh has to be physically lowered down.
There might be a way to change numbers in SimPE and poof! it's done. but I would not know, and editing the candle mesh in Milkshape would take a minute.
How do you plan to remove the glass mesh anyway?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
just a girl
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 1:55 PM
I've managed with height. But now I have a bigger problem.

I place it on a surface. All good.

I turn it off. Still fine.

Then I turn it back on. WTF?

If I click on it with a hand tool it's back to normal again. What did I screw up?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 5:51 PM
Didy ou change the height of the shadow mesh also?

just a girl
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 6:53 PM
No. Should I? I've edited the texture, made the shadow smaller, but kept the same image size and everything. Somehow, everytime I touch any shadow in any object it gets glitchy. Althougth I use Build DXT feature, and any other texture is fine, shadows are not. Tried normal import as well.

I have a backup plan for this one, but I'll leave the question open in case someone knows what's causing "corruption", so I can avoid it in the future.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 10:40 PM
My idea is...and it is only my idea, that this particular shadow mesh is placed according to the original mesh height. You've changed the height...so my bet is you'd need to change the shadow as well.
Then again, maybe not. Because this shadow is made to be seen on the surface it's placed on. That surface's height didn't change. Counter is still a counter.
Do you follow? lol

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 11:57 PM
You don't use Build DXT for shadows - shadows need to be imported and you need the ExtRaw8Bit setting from the Blocks: drop-down. (I usually just right-click on the texture and choose import.)
just a girl
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 12:57 PM
ExtRaw8Bit setting is what I was missing. Now it's all good. Thanks!