Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 4:59 PM
Default Can I use different roof patterns on the same lot?
I want to build a small garden shed on one of my lots that already has a large house on it. I thought of giving it a sloping corrigated iron roof, but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing that without changing the roof of the main building too. Since the house is a big fancy Georgian mansion it really needs to keep its tiled roof.

Does anybody know of a way around this. If it's impossible, fair enough, but I just thought I'd ask.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 6:28 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the only way it can be managed at all would be to put appropriate floor tiles onto a flat roof and then figure out how to use CFE to turn the flat roof into a sloped one.

(And I've not played enough with CFE to have much clue on how to do that)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 9:58 PM
Ghost. Hmm... I'm thinking I'll just have to go with a flat roof for now, I'm not too familiar with CFE myself, I shall have to look into it. Thanks anyway.

Edit: Nitromon That sounds worth checking out too! The roof might seem a trivial detail, I suppose, but I'm setting up to shoot the next chapter of my 'Scumthorpe' story and I want to get everything looking the best I can. Thanks also to you.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 10:23 AM
I don't think you can place different roof tiles on the same lot. If you are using the lot for screen shots, you could use a half gable roof on the garden shed so that the gable slants down away from the camera. That way you wouldn't be able to see the shed's roof tile and that style works for a garden shed. Good luck!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 12:12 PM
Yes, that's a thought. I've got it as a half gable already, but its facing the wrong way. Easy to change, and as you say, its for screenshots. Yes, thanks for that suggestion. Plus, I could always change it temporarily, if the shot required it.

dodgy builder
#7 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 4:13 PM
I don't think a cfe roof is going to look that nice, it's probably going to look a bit stretched. It might depend on the texture though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 9:06 PM
You're right, I've been trying it and it just doesn't look right.