Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:08 AM
Default Is there a tutorial on using animations?
I'm trying to animate my sims by using in game animations however it doesn't appear to work it just keeps dropping out of the queue. Is there any tutorials out there that specifically show you how to add an animations?
Advertisement
Nearly alive
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
I'm trying to animate my sims by using in game animations however it doesn't appear to work it just keeps dropping out of the queue. Is there any tutorials out there that specifically show you how to add an animations?

I don`t believe there is, but it would be very useful if there was as it would allow more people to try making new animations.

If no one else writes one then I`ll try to get round to it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:04 AM
Thanks, Miche. I guess we'll see a lot of new and great animations. However, I want to find out how to use these animations in the game because the coding I"m using isn't quite working.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:49 PM
Maybe somebody more experienced can tell me why this doesn't work:

###
# Group = 0xFFFFFFFF, Instance = 0x1002
# Title = Function - Animate
#
# Format = 8007, Params = 0, Locals = 2
# Tree type = 0, Header flag = 0, Tree version = FFFF0000 (-65536)

0: Animate Sim: anim id A from Adult list (a2o-react-panicFire-start), No Event Tree, Trans to Idle, IK Object Stack Object, high priority; true: 1, false: false
1: Animate Sim: anim id B from Adult list (a2o-react-panicFire-loopCringe), No Event Tree, Trans to Idle, IK Object Stack Object, high priority; true: 2, false: false
2: Animate Sim: anim id C from Adult list (a2o-react-panicFire-loopLook), No Event Tree, Trans to Idle, IK Object Stack Object, high priority; true: 3, false: false
3: Animate Sim: anim id D from Adult list (a2o-react-panicFire-loopHelp), No Event Tree, Trans to Idle, IK Object Stack Object, high priority; true: 4, false: false
4: Animate Sim: anim id E from Adult list (a2o-react-panicFire-stop), No Event Tree, Trans to Idle, IK Object Stack Object, high priority; true: true, false: true
###

I tried using a simple animation process for practice so I can make a bigger object out of it. However, it keeps dropping out of the queue. Hopefully somebody can enlighten me. I know it is probably something obvious but I've had no luck since I stopped editing the sims1.

Thanks for all your help. Oh and Miche, once I learn to do this, I will be able to implement the user-made animations!
Nearly alive
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:14 PM
It doesn`t have animations which effect the sims themselves, just animates the object, but if you download the Snowmans hat that I uploaded (Hat) and look at the "animate" function I added to that, it might give you some ideas.

What it does it sets the parameter 0 (I think) to the entry of the animation you want to play (from the text list) so in this case it sets it to 0C (there is also a "animate2" and "animate3" fuctions which just play other animations, by setting parameter 0 to a different value).

It then sets a few other parameters/variables (which I would need to look at the BHAV again to check what ones they are) and then has a animateobject call, which uses the information in parameter 0 to know what animation to play.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:19 PM
Okay, I'll have a look at it. Thanks for your help (: Maybe if I figure it out I can give something back by writing a tutorial on how to animate a sim.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 2:56 PM Last edited by cathair2005 : 4th Aug 2005 at 9:49 AM.
Here's the file that isn't working. If somebody could make it work and show me how, I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: Never mind I worked it out (or somehow got it to work)
Nearly alive
#8 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 9:59 PM Last edited by Miche : 4th Aug 2005 at 11:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
Here's the file that isn't working. If somebody could make it work and show me how, I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: Never mind I worked it out (or somehow got it to work)

Could you post your object with the animation working so I can use it for trying out new animations (which animate the sims) on. It just would save me the time of creating a object which could play a animation on demand.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 9:01 AM
Sure, though it is just a mirror that uses the fire animation when commanded to do so by clicking "animate" on the pie-menu.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  mirror.zip (27.8 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content