Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#3701 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:24 AM
I sometimes hate playing university because like, i want to be able to invite people inside, not just have them waltz into my home when they feel like it.
Like, does people even do this in real life? I just end up closing the doors...but still... special the cow guy is driving me crazy.
And lets remember these sims in university just use whatever they want. hungry? goes into the fridge and stuff face and they NEVER clean up after themselves.

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3702 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:39 PM
@OnayaW - you'll like the evil cow mascot trophy head: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#3703 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I sometimes hate playing university because like, i want to be able to invite people inside, not just have them waltz into my home when they feel like it.
Like, does people even do this in real life? I just end up closing the doors...but still... special the cow guy is driving me crazy.
And lets remember these sims in university just use whatever they want. hungry? goes into the fridge and stuff face and they NEVER clean up after themselves.

It's not a good advertisement for American universities, that's for sure! But if you get the Visitor Controller, you can ban them. The only Uni NPC I allow is the coach, because he/she has saved quite a few Sims from Academic Probation by forcing them to get that Body skill point in the nick of time.

Now, if I weren't so severely techno-challenged, I could have got the words 'Visitor Controller' to serve as a link, but I'll just have to do it this way: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0
Mad Poster
#3704 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 9:59 AM
I wish that teens wouldn't invite friends home from school when they have a job to go to in an hour.
Mad Poster
#3705 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM
If there is anybody else at home, I use them to form a new friendship with the teen visitors
Forum Resident
#3706 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 2:03 PM
When sims on university just ate but goes out after a pizza .___________________________. stop

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#3707 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
When your toddlers are really tired AND really hungry, and you need to feed the dumb little $&#*ers a bottle before they go to bed or pass out, but they keep playing with the $&#* activity table and you can't, for some reason, get a bottle out of the fridge while they are doing this, but when you cancel their play it takes them half an hour to stop, and then they immediately go right back to the activity table because you had it on fast speed waiting for them to stop playing, and now you've missed the window to get a bottle out of the fridge AGAIN

Seriously wtf.
Mad Poster
#3708 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:38 PM
Yeah...that activity table is way too addictive. Maybe the crayons aren't wax...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3709 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
When sims on university just ate but goes out after a pizza .___________________________. stop

I believe antivisitcampus from MATY stops that.
Mad Poster
#3710 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
If there is anybody else at home, I use them to form a new friendship with the teen visitors

My after school visitors usually end up playing on their own while whomever invited them over ignores them completely. Then I lose track of them totally and am surprised that they're still there when they say, it's late and I have to go.
Mad Poster
#3711 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:19 PM
Not so that it makes me go Grrrr, but still makes me wonder thinking about this.
A sim can call emergency on the phone when there is a fire in their home. Same for a break in. Though that same sim would probably get fined for a fake call, if another member of their household would collapse and die on the floor...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#3712 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
My after school visitors usually end up playing on their own while whomever invited them over ignores them completely. Then I lose track of them totally and am surprised that they're still there when they say, it's late and I have to go.

There's so little time for the kids to play before they leave, that this is the one situation where I use Macrotastics to make them socialize so they will become friends. Sometimes, I want my sims to be able to marry childhood friends/sweethearts when they grow up. So I'll make sure they make friends with any townies they bring home from school. If I like one as a match, then I'll have the townie age up along with my playable sim. Even sometimes I will do this if there's an especially appealing child sim that I want to have remain best friends with my playable sim. They can be roomies in college and everything!

I keep having to add more child townies when I do this but that's ok :D
Mad Poster
#3713 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:22 AM
I have a hack that lets children stay later. Mine weren't going home until 2am. XD Now that makes me think. I haven't seen parents pick up their kids for ages; not even at 2am. Must be the hack causing neglectful sim parents who don't wonder where their child is at 2am lol.
Alchemist
#3714 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:35 AM
So you decided to throw a big wedding party. You visit all your playables first, make sure everyone has a nice formal outfit and hair do. You set up the backyard, hire a bartender (why can't you hire a DJ, too, btw?), and set up the cake and buffet table. Guest arrive, they start chatting and the party goes to Not So Bad. Then you start the ceremony and the game crashes.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
Original Poster
#3715 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:13 PM
i think you can't hire a DJ because he/she comes with the object

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#3716 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:48 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM.
Pet peeve: Sims don't turn off their computer after they don't intend to use for a day. Additionally, when I forget to toggle ceiling right before the cinematic. And speaking of special moments of these, why can't I screenshot or record these clips?
Lab Assistant
#3717 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:00 PM
When you want to raise your Sim's skills and hobby points by doing certain activities, but can't because said Sim's fun is maxed out and they, for whatever reason, refuse to do said tasks, because apparently "I'm having too much fun to do that fun thing!". It's almost like the Fun need is not something you need to prevent from getting too low like literally every other need, but rather something you need to prevent from getting too high.
Mad Poster
#3718 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
When you want to raise your Sim's skills and hobby points by doing certain activities, but can't because said Sim's fun is maxed out and they, for whatever reason, refuse to do said tasks, because apparently "I'm having too much fun to do that fun thing!". It's almost like the Fun need is not something you need to prevent from getting too low like literally every other need, but rather something you need to prevent from getting too high.

I've recently been having this issue with a YA sim. She needs a body skill point for her major, but even though Music & Dance is her OTH, she refuses to dance for more than a few seconds before stopping. I do have a mod in that makes dancing raise body skill. It's not that she's too tired/sweaty/hungry or anything like that. She's just, as you said, apparently having too much fun.
Lab Assistant
#3719 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I've recently been having this issue with a YA sim. She needs a body skill point for her major, but even though Music & Dance is her OTH, she refuses to dance for more than a few seconds before stopping. I do have a mod in that makes dancing raise body skill. It's not that she's too tired/sweaty/hungry or anything like that. She's just, as you said, apparently having too much fun.

Yeah, I had the exact same problem with the Natural Scientist career. My Sim had to build up two Body skill points to get the final promotion, but it was a pain in the netherlands because she built up said skill points slowly while the fun meter rocketed past the ceiling in just a few minutes and thus stopped doing the body-raising activity.

I'm still dealing with similar issues in terms of hobby-increasing activities. I keep getting pop-ups yelling "Your sim is losing interest in whatever!!! Do something!!!!!!", but I can't do anything because her fun meter is almost always maxed, and thus she vehemently refuses to do anything hobby-related that raises fun. (Read: pretty much almost every hobby-increasing activity ever, because a hobby is basically something you do for FUN) The only hobby-increasing activities she accepts doing are those that produce sellable things, such as paintings and robotics, which carries some unfortunate connotations for me.

And this reminds me of another pet peeve of mine: the robotics station drains comfort and energy like no tomorrow. This makes it hard to keep producing robots at a frequent pace, which is Bad™ because it takes so freaking long to gain all those freakin' robotics badges! Going from Bronze to Silver is actually pretty reasonable, but going from no badge to Bronze takes forever(I'm pretty sure I made over 100 toy robots with this Sim alone before I got the Bronze badge), and I have yet to ever reach the Gold badge legitimately. This time, I'll try to get the Gold badge for good since I want to craft a Servo, but considering the HoverBots take much longer to craft than the RoverBots, complete with the Comfort and Energy drain, I'm going to be in for a wiiiiild ride.
Lab Assistant
#3720 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:28 PM
Bubblebaths.
I could deal with my Sims jumping into the bathtub every five minutes but I'm drawing the line at the Servo who has now started doing the same (completely draining his energy in the process). Time to download a mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#3721 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quietscheente
Bubblebaths.
I could deal with my Sims jumping into the bathtub every five minutes but I'm drawing the line at the Servo who has now started doing the same (completely draining his energy in the process). Time to download a mod.

You might want Waterproof Servos

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3722 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
And this reminds me of another pet peeve of mine: the robotics station drains comfort and energy like no tomorrow. This makes it hard to keep producing robots at a frequent pace, which is Bad™ because it takes so freaking long to gain all those freakin' robotics badges! Going from Bronze to Silver is actually pretty reasonable, but going from no badge to Bronze takes forever(I'm pretty sure I made over 100 toy robots with this Sim alone before I got the Bronze badge), and I have yet to ever reach the Gold badge legitimately. This time, I'll try to get the Gold badge for good since I want to craft a Servo, but considering the HoverBots take much longer to craft than the RoverBots, complete with the Comfort and Energy drain, I'm going to be in for a wiiiiild ride.

Most crafting things are too motive-draining in my opinion. It's something I have on my to do list to mod at some point, to make running crafting based businesses more fun to run. I can try to remember to let you know if/when I get around to it. And I am fairly certain fixing robot badge is easy, so will try to remember to look at that too when I am back to creating, whenever that may be. Feel free to remind me in a month or so if I haven't said anything by then

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3723 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:36 AM
There is nothing that will stop the nanny getting multiple bottles out of the fridge for a toddler in a high chair! DX I've been trying to fix it, but I can't even find where the code is different for the nanny than it is for a parent.
Mad Poster
#3724 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:23 AM
Nanny actions tend to be initiated by the nanny controller, so start from the function main in the controller and work your way forward until it gets to the point where it decides to pull bottles. I would guess it's in the scan hunger bhav. Don't remember the group, but if you look at BOs BNS no cook mods they'll have the group so you can filter objects package.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#3725 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:18 AM
**this is partially my fault**
when playables and townies flock to the staff room for the TV or pester the cashiers behind the counters in community lots.
while I SHOULD not put doors to off-limit zones in un-owned lots, I have a nagging feeling that my npcs would starve to death on the spot. I know they won't. But it just doesn't feel right.
Screenshots
Page 149 of 274