Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 2:14 PM
Default Workaround for slow display in PJSE
If you have instructions that refer to global strings, the BHAV editor becomes terribly slow. Mainly if you use 70 Effect Stop/Start multiple times. Every time a new line needs to be inserted, it reprocesses all the strings. Dialog 24 also becomes faster, which is not used much intentionally, but sometimes fallback to global strings still happens. Maybe you don't notice if you have a computer from NASA, but it still becomes slower. The reason for this is that the strings in objects.package contain an unholy number of languages. Most of the technical lists still have unnecessary languages, and sometimes a description for each.

To work around this problem, I extracted these global strings strings from D46CD0, deleted the languages and made a new package. It was only 73 kB, while the strings were over 2 megs initially. I added this package to the Sim PE file table at the top. It worked with the last C-H version, but unfortunately did not with my preferred 0.66.