Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 11:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Help! Overwrote EA Games but still have individual sim and lot files!
Hey,

I hope that there is someone out there that can help me... Like any "normal" human being, I am addicted to the Sims 2, and have devoted many hours of valuable life to evolving my neighbourhoods... However, one day I came up with the great idea of backing up my EA Games folder. However, instead of copying my current folder over an old backup, I actually did the opposite - overwriting my current folder with an older version, so devolving my neighbourhoods to an earlier state... I was, understandably, distraught! However, the .package files for my sims and lots are still there, taunting me, in the Character and Lot folders - I can see the information stored in those Kilobytes, but just can't access them - the game doesn't even realise they are there becuase the neighbourhood package file has changed :weep:

There must be something I can do! I have tried everything I can think of in the game and with the files, but nothing works. I have just discovered and downloaded the SimPE executable, so maybe there is something I can do with that, but if anyone has any suggestions at all, I would love you forever...

Anyway, sorry for going on so long... :blah: But it IS, after all, the end of the world... :weep:

Thanks for your time,

Jayito - new user - :howdy:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 11:51 AM
I feel your pain There is almost nothing worse than losing your simmies

I dunno if this will work, but canĀ“t you copy the .package files you know are the ones you want, uninstall Sims 2, then reinstall it and put the packages back? Dunno if you know what i mean OR if it would work but i hope it does :weep:
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#3 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 12:00 AM
This is not a moding question. You are much more likely to get the help you need if you post to the right forum.

Moving to Sims 2 Help

RG