Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 4:20 AM
Default Milkshape won't zoom in or show wireframe overlay
I'm using this tutorial and I can't zoom in or out. Nothing happens when I press shift and click at the same time, and the 3d model just moves down a little when I press "frame selection". Also, nothing shows up when I click "wireframe overlay".

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._a_Mesh_Package

Hopefully someone can tell me what's wrong, I'm using Milkshape 1.8.5 Beta 1 and have a Windows 11 laptop.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 2:55 PM
You need to click down and hold both the mouse button and Shift, moving the mouse up/down.
You can also use the roller wheel, but it zooms a bit less controlled.

For "Frame seletion", you have to make a selection first, and it should zoom in roughly around that selection.
If "Frame selection" doesn't work, or zooms out instead of in, I've noticed it occasionally has to do with either the skeleton having something wrong with it, or some stray vertices being selected.

The 3 grey windows already have wireframe. The 3D window needs to have the mesh in view for the wireframe overlay to show up. You need to first set the 3D mesh to flat shaded, smooth shaded or textured for the wireframe to show up as an overlay, otherwise you just get a wireframe (Wireframe + Wireframe Overlay looks like just Wireframe)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You need to click down and hold both the mouse button and Shift, moving the mouse up/down.

For "Frame seletion", you have to make a selection first, and it should zoom in roughly around that selection.
If "Frame selection" doesn't work, or zooms out instead of in, I've noticed it occasionally has to do with either the skeleton having something wrong with it, or some stray vertices being selected.

The 3 grey windows already have wireframe. The 3D window needs to have the mesh in view for the wireframe overlay to show up. You need to first set the 3D mesh to flat shaded, smooth shaded or textured for the wireframe to show up as an overlay, otherwise you just get a wireframe (Wireframe + Wireframe Overlay looks like just Wireframe)

Thank you for replying, I just clicked restore defaults and when I reopened it everything started working fine.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Apr 2023 at 7:10 AM Last edited by EarlBlank : 20th Apr 2023 at 8:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

Thanks for the tip, I am also facing the same issue.I found this website when searching internet for essay examples: https://writinguniverse.com/essay-t...ynthesis-essays where I may read a number of unrestricted essay samples, helping me to complete my assignment on time.