Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 1:43 AM
Default make glass more transparent?

(top pic outdoors/bottom pic indoors)

I'd love to make the glass more see-through to see the content of the shelves. I thought about editing the TXMT and changed most of the values that I considered would help but nothing changed in-game (I know that makes no sense and yes, I did click commit.)

I cloned the Maxis sunflower plant vase because I plan to use it with an invisible recolor of the espresso machine and you can see the blue-ish tone of the original.
I already went through some tutorials but it was more of changing solid objects to be transparent and less about changing glass.

here is the package (unedited version): download.

Thank you for any help and please go slow with me.

Edit: oops, I posted in the wrong section, could someone please move the thread? thank you!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th May 2018 at 9:14 AM
The quick answer is that the lower you make the stdMatUntexturedDiffAlpha value, the more transparent your glass. Yours is set at .69, which is fairly opaque. I suggest something in the range of .24 to .35 for a nice transparency.

I highly recommend you read this tutorial by frillen to learn how to manipulate transparency from the master.

Also, check out pixelhate's treatises on the TXMT, particularly Part 3, to understand how it works, and why.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:31 PM
thank you, those two tutorials are very useful.