Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 3:33 PM
Default "fat" sims
Something that has always annoyed me in the sims 2, is that when a sim is "fat", the sim is actually a normal size! I wouldn't feel so great about myself if a "fat" sim was skinnier than me... I know you can download really fat sims, but it's still annoying... It's good that there will be more options in sims 3

[sorry if my english is bad, I do not usually speak English]
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 3:45 PM
I agree with that. "Fat" sims in 2 are not only too thin for me, but they are not proportionate... lol. I have downloaded fat sims but they don't fit right into the game.

By the way, your English is really good.
#3 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 3:49 PM
Yes! There is absolutely no way that everyone is that skinny... and even the 'overweight' sims don't look overweight!

I'm really glad that in the sims 3 there will be sims that are shorter, stockier, lankier... etc. My only regret is that there won't be a zombie apocalypse.

Wait, what did that have to do with anything? :confused:

EDIT: Wow, actually your english sounds really good!! I'm very impressed. :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 11:05 PM
That's always annoyed me, and the fact that we can have proportionally fat sims in Sims 3 is one of the only reason I considered getting it.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:40 AM
Yes. The male fat sims do have a beer belly but the women just have curves! Is it "fat" to have curves and female figures? And aren't there more sizes than thin and fat? I hope we will get every size from super skinny to obese in TS3. What about dividing it into XXS,XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL?
I don't download fat clothes meshes because I find it a hard job. I want the sims to be able to suit all of the clothes.
#6 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 7:05 AM
I agree, I am glad with the fat people in TS3 thougj
Inventor
#7 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:06 PM
The_Oceanborn: yeah, but probably a bunch of XXXL size real life people would sue EA games for something... you know how americans are!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:19 PM
It doesn't really bother me about the sizes of the sims. After all, it is a game. But, I think it is great that in The Sims 3 players will be able to make their sims have different body shapes that are more realistic than what is currently available in The Sims 2. I can understand why it would annoy some people, but I don't consider it a big deal.
#9 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:28 PM
Obesity is a health hazard, it's as serious as anorexia and shouldn't be promoted.
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 1:45 AM
I don't find the fat sims to be too skinny. In fact I would call them exactly what they're supposed to be - fat.

If you want obese sims in your game, by all means, download those bodyshapes. But I don't think it is a necessity to the game to include obesity.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 2:19 AM
totally agree
#12 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 4:38 AM
I don't really have an issue with the fat morphs, I find it annoying how hard it is to get fat. Your sim can eat as many chips and turkey as he/she wants and as long as you stop before he/she gets full, they won't get fat, regardless of whether or not they exercise. And when they do exercise, it takes an hour in the pool and BAM! they're fit. If only real life was that easy!