Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:02 PM
Default Shiny. Floors.
After seeing this render at 4eversimfantasy, I had to ask. Has anyone tried making slightly reflective floors?

★☆Simify☆★
回「Shall we dance?」回
これを読むことができれば訳者を使用している。
:| Yep, another post from Mr. Biggles. |:

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:05 PM Last edited by roddyaleixo : 8th May 2005 at 10:08 PM.
Yep, and it did not work for me all i got was a flashing blue effect... anyways, i was very stubborn trying since RGiles said somewhere in another post he tried everything, and couldnt get the reflections to show up;; who am I to doubt him? LOL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:07 PM
bah. Its probably one of those impossible things.

It would probably be pretty hard on performance anyway, unless you had the most high quality computer out there with 2 of the best graphics cards or something. >_<
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:08 PM
He said it was not impossible, but hard!.. bah... i so wanted mirror floor tiles LOL
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:17 PM
Could you make an object to do it? Like one of the rug meshes from this site? Then you could clone properties from the mirror or somthing, and still have a floor design. I'd try it, but all I can do is recoulor...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:33 PM Last edited by roddyaleixo : 8th May 2005 at 11:47 PM.
Yep, that would work, according to RGiles this is the best solution (except that he mentioned the ceiling tiles, also situated somewhere on this site, instead of the rugs)... my guess would be to apply both reflection and some transparency to the MATD files on a new object mesh (or rug) so that you could apply a reflection to any kind of floors... kinda like a glass cover... it would be best though if it was 1 tiled... even this way, you couldn't apply them to bumpped floor tiles... but that is just my guess... maybe someone smart can figure out the hard stuff