Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 11:04 AM
Missing Resource.cfg
Some time ago I downloaded and installed some mods for my game and they were working fine. Due to some computer issues I had to reinstall the game and after reinstalling my mods, I discovered that they no longer worked. After I checked that I had installed everything properly I started searching the forums for a solution, everything came back to a single problem - a missing resource.cfg file. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game, repairing my game with no luck and searching for a downloadable replacement but can't seem to find one that works. I have the base game only, fully updated at the moment (I'm getting Get To Work and the stuff packs within a couple of days).

If anyone can provide me with a SAFE resource.cfg file (or somewhere I can get one), or an alternate fix I would really appreciate it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 12:13 PM
Make a new text file in notepad, and put the following text in it:
Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package

Save that as Resource.cfg in your Mod folder and you're done.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by torkle
Make a new text file in notepad, and put the following text in it:
Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package

Save that as Resource.cfg in your Mod folder and you're done.

I just tried that, removing my mods, made the file, saved it as resource.cfg, started up the game, closed the game, reinstalled mods and still not working... I retitled the file as Resource.cfg (repeating my previous method), restarted the PC and still can't use them.

Any other suggestions?
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 7:11 PM
the .cfg file inside the Mods folder right? how many levels deep are your CC files?
Smeg Head
#5 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 10:44 PM
It may be that you have a corrupted Sims 4 folder. It can and does happen. It's easy enough for the game to build a new Sims 4 folder. If simply trying to replace resource.cfg keeps failing, and you are not using sub folders such as @amc462000 suggests, then follow these steps and the game will build it all new for you.

1. In Users/My Documents make a backup of the whole Sims 4 folder.
2.Delete original Sims 4 folder.
3.Start game, it will build a new Sims 4 folder.
4.Exit game without saving, then move over old saves folder to replace new one. Do same with Tray folder if you have stuff in that, also all mods but do not replace the newly built resource.cfg file, finally any game config files for your preferred setup.
5.Start game again and hopefully all mods are now showing and working.

If you are using sub folder for your mods (folders within folders) then you will need to adjust your resource.cfg so it can read sub folders. Here's the tutorial on how to do this - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531644
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 1:51 PM
I only have the mods folder, no sub folders. The mods folder is just in the main Sims 4 one.

I'll try the fix for the corrupted Sims 4 folder, fingers crossed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 3:32 AM
Yay, it worked! I have mod-able sims again. Thank you @coolspear1 for your walkthrough and torkle and amc462000 for your help too.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 6:43 PM
Hi soo I just recently have gotten the sims 4 but when I downloaded it I notice that my mods folder didn't look like others it just say resource then under it said cfg I don't if it wrong but i couldn't download no mods or cc please help
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th May 2018 at 6:21 PM
Hi. I have problem I can't save the game after I downloaded a lot of mods. I tried to move all the mods away from the mods folder, but it still not working. Is it possible that my resource.cfg is corrupted? It looked like after I replaced with the latest resource (from mods I downloaded) now the game unable to save with error code 510. Please help? Thanks.