Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 3:33 PM
Default Cloned Objects don't appear in CaW. Need Help!
Hi,
I cloned the distant terrain from Hidden Springs and seawalls and a bridge from Barnacle Bay with s3oc. I saved all Barnacle Bay Objects and Hidden Springs Objects in two Packages. I put the packages into the CaW Framework (in CaW,Packages Folder) but the hidden Objects don't appear in CaW... I don't know why, can anyone help me ?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 7:00 PM
You have these worlds installed as well? I've never used store items so someone else can probably be of more help, but I know for the Riverview stuff to appear, the user must have Riverview installed.

Personally, to get things in CAW, I just alter the Common Block in s3pe. It's really simple, here's a tutorial:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

Come Check out New York City!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 8:00 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Apr 2014 at 9:28 PM.
Yes, I have Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay installed and wanted to try this tutorial. But it don't work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 9:49 PM
The Hidden Springs DT is actually stored in the world file, so you will need to clone it since it is only available when the game is actually reading the HiddenSprings.world file (i.e, when you are playing Hidden Springs). It will not show in another world with just an OBJD mod, if that is what you have done.

This thread might help, rian90 has uploaded a version of the DT that works so you might want to look at that and compare.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453956

For Barnacle Bay I can't comment as I'm not sure whether those items are in the world file or installed to the DCCache. I'm not on a computer with access to S3PE at the moment so can you tell me whether you made your mods as full clones or just OBJD overrides? If they are clones, some detail of how you created them might help.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:28 AM
I found the hidden Barnacle Bay
objects in .world file (same like Hidden Springs).
I cloned the items with the S3OC and saved
all objects from Barnacle Bay in a .package
(same like Hidden Springs).

I put the packages into the CaW Framework
but it don't appear in CaW Metadata.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:40 AM
When you cloned, did you have the 'renumber/rename internally' box checked? If so then clone them again with the box unchecked. What you need to do is to create an identical clone, as even though the items are stored in the world file, part of the information (the STBLs in particular) are stored in the DCCache. So if you make a renumbered clone the game will not recognise them as being the same object, and the STBLs will not show in metadata. Instead, your items will show as numbers a bit like like this:
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...-TreesError.jpg
By cloning them as identical items the game will see them as overrides, and so will pick up the STBL from the CCache, and the items will display correctly in metadata. This is the reason you need to have Barnacle bay or Hidden Springs installed for these items to work.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 12:04 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Apr 2014 at 9:29 PM.
Sorry because it took a long time until I post here

If I would be clone it so... , will it be work now?
(I hope you understand what I mean...)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 9:00 PM
Tick the 'make clone' box and try that.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 9:14 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Apr 2014 at 9:30 PM.
I tried it again but it does not work. I've made ​​it as you said.
Where's my fault?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:46 PM
Try it without the 'create missing string tables' checked also.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Apr 2014 at 9:31 PM.
I tried it but it didn't work again.

Perhaps you're able to find my mistake, I uploaded the package file.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 10:07 PM
Try following the instructions here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453956

Also, if you can tell me step by step what you have done, it may help me to figure out the problem.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:33 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Apr 2014 at 9:32 PM.
I tried to follow your advices.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:41 PM
Okay, after you did that, did you edit the OBJD to show up in CAW metadata, and did you put the package in the correct place?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Apr 2014 at 9:33 PM.
Yes simsample! I edited but it didn't work! I don't know why...
I put it in the Package folder (in caw) and edited the Resource.cfg (or whatever) file to install the Caw Framework.

I want to create a nice green Indian world but unfortunately, it doesn't work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:17 AM
Does Rian90's distant terrain work for you (post#14 in the link I gave you)?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:29 AM
No it didn't work! unfortunately
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:50 PM
That shows that either a) you don't have Hidden Springs installed correctly, or b) your CAW Framework isn't installed correctly.

Check this out:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...209&postcount=7
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Apr 2014 at 9:33 PM.
Maybe Hidden Springs but I see Hidden Srings ingame and the Caw Framework is correct installed! I'm 100% sure!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 5:33 PM
Do you have Ambitions, WA or Pets? If so, download one of my objects from the first post here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427515
And see if you can see it in metadata. I have the exact name you need to search for listed in the download thread. That will determine once and for all if your framework is functioning.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 7:25 PM
I downloaded your modified fog (I think FX_SwampGround_Fog) and put it in the Caw Framework. It worked! I saw the fog..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:47 PM
Okay, so if other items work but Rian's HS DT does not then we need to look first at where you are looking in metadata, and second at your HS install.

Are you using SuperCAW? If so, I would recommend to switch to the regular version of CAW, which will allow you to scroll through the metadata list as it has fewer items. Install Rian90's distant terrain again, and check that it is not listed somewhere unexpected. For example, it may not be called 'distant terrain'.

If you are certain that it is not there then try uninstalling and reinstalling your Hidden Springs Sims3Pack; that will ensure that your DCCache files are intact.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 10:08 AM
I deleted everything from the game only for Hidden Springs and delete everything in the DCCache (it was empty) and sought in regluar caw but i didn't find! I also downloaded the distant terrain again and put it in to the caw framework.

Anyway, it didn't work
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 12:51 PM
I don't have Hidden Springs to test it myself, but Rian90 (and others) were reporting that the DT worked for them, so perhaps you could PM her and ask for the name in metadata so that you know you're looking in the right place.

Are you seeing any objects that show up as numbers in the metadata list, like this?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 1:38 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Apr 2014 at 9:36 PM.
Yes, I see some but there are Lucky Palms-trees!
No distant terrain from Hidden Springs...

Ok, I will send a PM!

Edit: I wanted to send the PM to rian9 but I can't! I send it to another user (I found him/her by reading the entire thread.
Forgive me please for my bad English. I live in Switzerland and can't speak English very well.
Page 1 of 2