Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 12:34 PM
Default Is there a tutorial for making facemasks?
I just got my dds files working on gimp and i was wondering if their a tutorial for making face masks for the sims 3?

Let's Have Some Fun This Beat Is Sick I Wanna Take a Ride On Your Disco Stick!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 9:46 PM
I don't think there's a tutorial, but face masks are not terribly complicated (at least I had some success). I think I only replaced the Face Overlay (which is a multi-layer dds, like patterns) and the Specular (a grayscale dds), and assigned the colours.

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 7:41 AM
Basically, making face masks uses the same technique as creating a new texture for clothes. So you should read the daluved1's tutorials in order to become familiar with the different textures and their use:
- Creating a new base texture
- Replacing Textures
- Basic Mask Editing

You have to replace 2 textures (which can be found under the Design Tab>Textures Tab in Delphy's CTU)
- The Mask texture which allows you to define different colorable regions in CAS.
- The Face Overlay which works like the Base Texture for clothing (an alpha layer defines the transparency of the face masks, the main image is the texture of the face mask).

Last step is to change the tint colors, and to enable (or disable) them, depending of your Mask texture.

You don't need to change the Face Specular texture (default ones are all blank) except if you want to add shininess to your face mask.