Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2005 at 8:24 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 14th Oct 2006 at 9:24 PM. Reason: added pics into the text
Simple High Heels Mini-Tutorial
You will need: SimPE Milkshape (or other 3D program)
Any kind of Paint program (and Bodyshop)
And a way to edit the gdmc (Meshtool, Unimesh, SimPE Export)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a tutorial on how you CAN edit your Creation so it has high heels.
I am also assuming that you have edited a Clothing mesh before, in Milkshape, although this idea can be used with any 3D editor.

Also Follow Pictures at the bottom of this post.

Use any tutorial to make a new mesh and get in and edit it.

1) First off it doesn’t matter what clothing mesh that you are using.
I am using afbodyshortdressboots-file for this quick tutorial.

2) Zoom in on the Boots, so it will be easier to work with the vertexes.

3) Choose ‘select’ in the ‘Model section’ – Now look at the bottom at this display,
And it says ‘select Option’ – here you choose ‘Vertex’

Do not choose so Many ‘vertex’ because this can be harder to handle.

4) When you have selected the ‘vertex’ then move them around like you want them.

Don’t ever move the ‘vertex’ too much.

5) I would like to make smaller heels, so I again choose then ‘vertex’ that I need.

6) These ‘vertex’ I ‘Rotate’ a little so the heels seem straighter.

The more you work with your creation, the better it gets

This is one simple way of making your high heels.
I hope this help you,

Best regards
WindBlower
Advertisement
#2 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 4:15 AM
Please help me
I never done anything like this so can you please help me get this stuff.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 5:37 AM
Give us about a week to get some new tutorials up, and then start with the beginning clothing tutorials. This is just a tip for how to take the Maxis mesh (once you're to the point of editing a mesh) and make it look like heels.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 2:44 PM
nice tutorial can you use wings3d to make heels?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 9:03 PM
You can only use Wings 3D in conjunction with Meshtool (with Hellborn's vertex mapper) to edit body meshes, which leaves you to fairly simple edits only -- although this particular edit would be the sort that would be fine.
Check the meshtool article in the general body/hair/accessory meshing article that's in the faq/infocenter.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 11:58 AM
THANK YOU for this, this is great - I never liked Maxis heels. :>
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 12:10 PM
THANKS i just didnt know how to get milkshape but i got it now lol
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 3:24 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 17th Jul 2006 at 5:48 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 1316869, 1316870
Sorry but I didn't get it at all

I don't have none of those
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 5:53 AM
Faerie Xweetok,

First, do not double post, it's considered rude. Use the 'edit' button that's what it's there for.

Second, there are tutorials marked 'beginner' and an entire infocenter. This forum expects folks to read and do and then ask detailed questions -- you need to actually do and try things and not give up after reading one tutorial that you didn't understand.

There's 30 articles (19 topics) in the Infocenter. There's another 20 tutorials, including two Beginner Tutorials for body meshing.

Btw, you will have to pay for Milkshape, it's a $25 program, available on the web (there are links from the MAJOR tutorials to the site).

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:54 PM
Thanks for this! I've been getting into making clothes somehow, lol. and I wanted to try meshing, This is a great tutorial, Thank You! :D

Can't install .rar files? I recommend: Sim File Maid 2

Imma Scene_Core_Dinosawr_x
Instructor
#11 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 12:58 PM
thanks, nice and simple! lol thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 7:04 AM
Thnx for the screens, I'm gonna try it myself right away