Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 9:41 PM Last edited by *_Drew~ : 19th May 2018 at 5:14 PM.
Default [Found!]WCIF separated AL loose neck dress?
Hi there! I really like this dress that came with AL, and I was looking for a separated version of the top.
I've seen the draped collar used in many custom meshes , but I'm unable to find a top only version...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:01 PM
Top only version with or without the belt?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:28 PM
Top only as separate, the belt doesn't bother me are you interested in making it?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2018 at 4:13 PM
Sure. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:02 PM Last edited by Charity : 6th Jun 2018 at 1:47 PM.
OMG, this was a royal pain in the ass. Rotten buggy meshes and face count mismatches. *cries* But I eventually kicked its ass. I had to make the neck part an alpha layer as coming from a full body outfit it was positioned right where people like to put shoes and belts and the bottom texture was showing up on the top. I tried to make it untuckable, but there's a ridge where it tucks in that I couldn't get rid of. 4 colours, the red, purple and black from the dress conversion that I used as a base and brown from the original outfit.

When I feel like torturing myself more I'll make the elder version as well (couldn't find a teen one). XD
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2018 at 6:05 PM
That's absolutely wonderful! I feel sorry for the trouble but I'm really glad you managed it!
Can't wait to try it while I go back home!
Thank you so much for the help!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th May 2018 at 7:27 AM Last edited by Charity : 6th Jun 2018 at 1:47 PM.
Elder version was much easier. XD I'll probably upload them here once I can be bothered taking preview pictures.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th May 2018 at 3:34 PM
Nice idea Charity (and Drew) - they work well as a separate top.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Elder version was much easier. XD http://www.simfileshare.net/download/549429/ I'll probably upload them here once I can be bothered taking preview pictures.

Wow, I tried them in-ame and, God, they look so beautiful! Even the elder version, it looks so classy
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Nice idea Charity (and Drew) - they work well as a separate top.

Since I found out about Skell's repository, I'm always looking for new separates and age conversions! It's a nice way to keep the game fresh wih minimum CC :D
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:40 AM
Elders need some classy clothes!

I have to admit that I rarely used the original outfit. It wasn't hideous, but it only fit a specific type of sim and I had prettier custom clothes. XD But the top alone is actually really pretty. I'm glad I didn't try and include the belt.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 1:47 PM
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:07 PM
Thank you, Charity. You fit your name.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/