Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:46 PM
Default Replacement texture causes non-transparency.
I didn't know to explain. I took the riding skinny pants from Sims 3 Pets and applied the multiplier from a pair of Diesel Stuff jeans. A lot of editing was involved but I have this problem (attatched photo). I was hoping there was a way to fix it with a transparency type edit, but all the stuff I found about transparency, my brain won't process what I'm reading apparently.

I did this with TSR Workshop btw. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 5:14 AM
It seems to be a texturing problem, but exactly what is impossible to say from the picture. It could be a transparency problem in the multiplier, or an overlay texture, or possibly the specular. You need to check all the textures. If you modified the mesh it could also be a UV problem.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 5:56 PM
did you edit the mesh aswell?
looks to me all vertice from the top row of faces snapped.(on the uvmap that is, leaving them colored with one pixel)
If you do alot of editing/upgrading and changing/importing etc then the file sometimes gets corrupt in tsrw.
Have you tried starting over and reimport textures?