Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:56 PM Last edited by Micaela926 : 16th Jul 2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Chapter 19 added
Default Sims 3 Story Sunset's Hope Chapter 19 added

My life didn't begin with my birth, although I certainly had thought it did, it didn't even begin when I became an adult. I remember still turning 18 and thinking how grown up I was, I was ready to conquer the world I thought. My parents had died just two months shy of my birthday and I had went on to stay with my aunt until I was of legal age. So it was on that day that I announced to my Aunt that I was off to face the world. She assured me I could stay there as long as I wanted, but I would have no part of it. I spent my meager trust fund, left by my parents on a little fixer upper house and began working as a waitress in an upscale restaurant. It was there that I met Robert, we hit it off immediately, him with his strong arms and ridiculous side burns, and me with my innocent eyes that I thought were wide open to all the dangers that world held.

It didn't take Robert long to convince me I was in love with him, really I guess he didn't have to convince me, I convinced myself of that. He came over frequently after work with me and we would spend the hours discussing everything, dreams, hopes, fears, it felt as if I could tell him it all and he would protect me from it.

We went on like that for several weeks, until he finally shut me up mid-sentence with a kiss, I don't know how the rest ended up happening, but it all felt so real and wonderful and I didn't want to stop any of it. He was my soul mate, I was dreaming of a wedding on the beach, growing old together, and this seemed to be such a natural start to all of it.

I didn't question him, when he said he had to leave after it was over, I didn't think that way, I was sure he really did have things he had to do, things that would pull him from my bed in the middle of the night, as open as I thought my eyes were, they were covered and I wasn't ready for that shimmering veil to be lifted yet, my world was too beautiful behind it.

A few weeks later, head over the toilet, pregnancy test laying on the floor beside me, the veil was ripped away. It was fast and cruel. I was pregnant.

I went to Robert immediately and told him, sure that he would propose marriage right there on the spot, instead he confessed that he had a wife and children and there was no room in his world for me and a baby. He offered to pay for me to take care of the pregnancy. I was speechless, what does one say when the whole life they had already planned crashes down around their swollen ankles?

He walked away from me that day, the next day as I walked into work, dreading having to face him, I faced instead an angry boss, Robert had called in and quit that morning and they were short one cook, I mentioned that I knew a thing or two about frying a hamburger and he offered me a temporary position until they could find a more suitable replacement. I felt as though the world was crushing me, I wanted nothing more then to cry, but there wasn't time for it and so I started cooking. I loved being in the kitchen, I was so busy at work there wasn't a chance for me to think about what was going on inside me. Home was much the same, I began growing a garden, and it seemed there was always something in the house that had broken and needed fixed and so for the next several months as my stomach grew I was able to avoid thinking of where life was going, by staying busy.

That only worked for a time though, the boss noticed my swollen stomach and the ankles that matched and he knew what would become of it. I was fired two months before my child was due, it wasn't officially for being pregnant of course, you can't legally fire someone for reproducing, but I knew that was the reason behind it. Suddenly I was faced with nothing but time, with my stomach extending beyond my feet there was no one in town that would hire me, I was sure. I didn't really even try, defeated before I started.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:33 PM Last edited by Micaela926 : 28th Jun 2009 at 4:56 AM.
Default Chapter 2

I began visiting my parents graves, spending time talking to them, crying over my mistakes, over my stupid blind eyes. Asking for direction asking for help. They had always been there as I grew up, always there to wipe away my tears, I thought I was old enough to be alone, but suddenly 18 seemed awfully young to face it all without anyone to help me. I didn't dare go to my aunt, she was a staunch Christian woman and I knew how she would feel about what I had done. So I stood there night after night crying and talking to them, all I had in the world were two silent cold stones to direct me, even then I knew that wouldn't be enough.
It was there one night that I had my first contraction, there was a beauty to it, in some odd way, I stood there beside my parents contracting.

Crying as each pain came begging them to not be gone, begging them to be there for their grandchild, for their child.

In the midst of my panicked begging and screaming I felt something, something I can never explain adequately, but a peace washed over me and I knew they were there, in the only way they could be. I calmed myself down and realized my pants were soaked with fluid and blood and I had no business delivering a baby in a graveyard, that wasn't the place for life to begin.

Two short days later I was faced with another task alone, bringing home my new son. I, Serena Mars was a
mother, a single mother. Conner was beautiful in my eyes, but I was frightened as I walked out of that hospital
carrying him alone, frightened of raising him, frightened that I would always be just as I was then, alone. A lot had
happened in the hours since the graveyard, I arrived at the hospital, in pain but feeling unusually calm. As my son
came out of my body I could feel my parents there, I knew they were cheering me on.

During that long ride home with Conner in my arms I thought of those hours before, and I knew something
wonderful had just happened to me. The veil had been lifted and for a while I had been blinded by the intensity of
all I saw, but now my eyes had time to adjust and I saw everything clearly. What if I was alone, I could do this,
and really is anyone ever alone? Conner would be my driving force, I would make life good for him, I would be
the kind of parent my own parents would be proud of.

Those first days home I began making phone calls, my OB had given me the number of the local single mom's
support group and so hands shaking, Conner nestled in my arms I picked up the phone and dialed. Tabitha
answered and invited me to their meeting at the park.

I almost talked myself out of that first meeting, but finally I worked up the courage, wrapped Conner up snuggly
and walked out my door. It was the best thing, and the worst thing I think I ever did. I met so many single
parents there, not just moms but dads as well and it was wonderful having people around me that understood all
of my fears and they were all more the willing to lend their share of advice, from diaper that were the best buy for
the money, to how to cope with a colicky baby. I began attending the weekly meetings with religious devotion,
looking forward to seeing real talking adults each week as the days with just Conner and myself dragged by.

Soon I added work into my daily routine, I began working at a little greasy joint down the road from me, the pay
wasn't great, but it was a job and I got to cook. I loved working there, but always struggled with the guilt of
leaving Conner in someone else's care. I found even more reason to look forward to my weekly single parent
meetings, I needed the day out with Conner more then I had before. Now I just needed to have a few hours of
fun. Conner was four months old when I met Kurt. The meeting had let out and I had hung around enjoying the
fresh air and scenery when Kurt walked up to admire my son. We ended up meeting that evening when his shift
was over.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:12 PM
This is brilliant. It's really well written. Can't wait for the next one
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:45 AM
Thank you very much....I am actually almost finished with the story in game...at least this part of it. Will add another chapter tomorrow...and I have a weird question, can everyone see the story, because I can't.. when I click to edit and preview I can see it all fine, but right now all it says where the story should be is Hello, EmoJellyCake, whats that in your right pocket? Made you look. Anyway, the regulars in #social want to ask you about your hair last week, I mean, whoa! as we are conducting an unofficial survey. Chat with them now!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:59 AM
Default Chapter 3 Hurrah!

Kurt was amazing, he would visit often in the evening, always going in to play with Conner. I often wondered
how no one had snagged him before. Three months after meeting him, I didn't have to wonder anymore. He was
engaged and I was his last hurrah.

His hurrah left me with my own little Ah! growing inside.

I thought being a single mom was tough, being a single mom to a toddler, pregnant, and trying to keep a full time
job was almost impossible. It seemed there was never enough time, and there definitely wasn't ever any time for
me. I spent my evenings at the Greasy Spoon flipping burgers, my mornings and afternoons were spent caring for
Conner and my garden, and my nights were spent sneaking in sleep in between Conner's cries. He had been a
dream baby never colicky, but when teething began my dream child turned into a nightmare, he would cry for
hours, and I could do nothing but walk the floor with him.

When I brought Trevor home from the hospital, I swore off men. I spent my days caring for my babies, the boys
grew quickly and soon were toddling about the house. I decided that I didn't need anything more then them to be
happy and when I really thought about it I was happy, their smiling faces brought such joy to my world. As I
watched them grow I knew that my life hadn't begun until I gave them life.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:13 AM
love it I hope she has more babies though, maybe a cute little girl... =D

:P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Micaela926 : 26th Jul 2009 at 4:43 AM.
Default Chapter 4

The years flew by, and soon I was no longer a fry cook at the Greasy Spoon but instead the Head Chef at an
Upscale Hotel's restaurant. The boys were in school and life seemed to have evened out. There were days when
they were toddlers that I had wondered how we would ever survive.

We still didn't have much money, but we had each other. I adored motherhood, and to make life even sweeter, I
looked forward to my job each day. I felt guilt still at having to leave the boys to work, but they didn't seem to
mind nearly as much as I did. Weekends were the best, I was off and the boys and I would spend all day
together, playing outside, or watching movies.

It wasn't long before my boys were no longer little, the teen years came fast and hard. I was lucky all in all
though, they were good kids and I didn't have much to worry about with them. I mended hearts, and enforced
homework, and we still looked forward to weekends together.
It was one of those weekends, Trevor was sitting at the table with his newest love doing homework together when
reality hit me, they would be gone soon, and I would be alone again.

I wasn't looking for love, but it did manage to find me. Billy was a frequent diner at the hotel and it was one of his
many ventures in for dinner when he asked to meet the chef. He took me out frequently after that night, I didn't trust him, but he was ok with that, he was patient with me. Meeting me often at the end of my shift, surprising me with flowers and gifts. I wasn't use to the attention and more then once I tried to call it all off, but still he persisted. We had been dating a year when he asked if he could meet my sons. I was hesitant, what if they didn't like him.

Finally I invited him home. I shouldn't have worried, of course the boys were a bit leery at first, Conner more so then Trevor. Conner felt as if he was the man of the house and worried about having that position taken away. It didn't take Billy long though to win him over as well.

Conner was almost 19 years old when I found myself looking pregnancy in the face again. I was terrified, I loved my boys, but life had taken on a predictably, I knew this would be the end of Billy and myself, I had no reason to think otherwise, and so my voice trembling like the Jell-O molds my mother was so proud of, I told him.
He didn't say much, except that this wasn't in his plans. The next week he picked me up from work with a box in his hands, he told me he had a surprise for him, and to change and meet him outside. I found a lovely little dress in the box, and quickly slipped into it.

When I joined him he commented on how well I wore the dress and reminded me to buckle up. I found myself driving through town and when the car finally stopped, I couldn't imagine what we were doing there. He opened my door up and led me by my hand and there at the courthouse, in front of everyone and asked me to marry him, not tomorrow, not in a few months or years, but today. My head was reeling from the suddenness of it all, I had spent the last week waiting for the shoe to pound my dreams down again, waiting to be told that I would face another pregnancy, another birth alone. I said yes, or something to that effect and the judge married us on the spot.
Theorist
#8 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:47 PM
Great story so far! Raising three children with each one having a different father would not be easy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:53 PM
Thanks everyone.. still not sure what happened earlier, someone suggested my thread was hacked similar to what happens on myspace.. but anyways I fixed it and all seems fine now! Raising 2 boys alone was definitely not easy for her (or her sim god..me) I am glad you are all enjoying the story, its my first Sims 3 story.. can't wait until there are more mods and such to make story telling even easier!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:20 PM
Default Chapter 5

Billy asked me if I wanted to keep working after the marriage. He didn't have a lot of money, but he said if I would like he would be happy to take care of me while I raised our child. It was a difficult decision, I was at the top of the pack, and had fought hard to get there, did I really want to give it all up now? In the end I decided I would. The pregnancy went smoothly, although I did have a hard time finding something to do with myself all those days of waiting, but Billy even made that easier, he suggested that my tiny house would burst if we added one more person, and since he had been living in an apartment, that was not a viable solution either, and so together we began searching for our new home. We found a beautiful 3 bedroom home with two empty attic rooms as well, it was everything I had hoped for. I was eight months pregnant when our search was finally over and was anxious to move, but Billy thought it best to wait until the baby was born.

The first contraction hit me in the evening, I had just went in to my room to lay down as I wasn't feeling well, and the pain washed over me, I cried out, forgetting momentarily that this time I didn't have to do it alone, Billy was by my side for each pain, rubbing my back to make the contractions more bearable, cheering me on as our child made its way into the world. When I first gazed into Satori's eyes, I knew that my family was finally complete.

I didn't have to walk out of the hospital this time carrying my child alone, Billy was there with me, as we drove home with our daughter, I became concerned and leaned over to him and whispered, "Billy I think the driver doesn't know our town, he missed the turn almost a mile ago." Billy just smiled at me and reverently stroked our tiny angel's cheek. We pulled up in front of the home we had closed on just weeks before. " Welcome home darling, I think new life deserves a fresh new start don't you? You'll find her nursery right up the stairs next to our room."

The house was a fresh start for us, and we were all very happy there, even my garden seemed to thrive better. Satori was everybody's angel. Billy was everything a dad should be, he helped with her feedings, often sneaking out late at night just to snuggle her while I slept.

I love watching her grow, it is so different, raising a child with someone to help and I don't want to miss a minute of it.

I love being home with her, helping her grow, I haven't missed a thing so far, I get to cook still, only now its for the ones I love, and not just for a paycheck. My son's are growing fast, Trevor has already moved out, but still Conner stays close to his mom, keeping a protective eye out over his new Step dad, they get along well, but I think it will be a long time before Conner really trusts that I am ok in his care.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:45 PM
Default Chapter 6

It was hard reading this, and yet I couldn't tear my eyes off every page, it was like for the first time I'm finally
meeting her. The mother I never really knew. Mom and Dad died in a car crash when I was only 11 months old,
so I guess in the end she didn't get to be there for everything. Conner took care of me. He says it was rough in
the beginning, he came home from the funeral, changed my clothes and his own and just sat on the couch
wondering what he was going to do, how he was suppose to raise me. I guess those first weeks were spent with
him doing a lot of reading on how to raise a child. He said later though that the books don't know nearly as much
as they think they do about the subject.
He didn't do too bad I guess, I learned to walk, don't wear a diaper still, and have managed to keep an A
through my entire school years. He talked a lot about mom, how perfect she was, how amazing she was, and I
think sometimes he hated that I didn't know her, couldn't remember her with him. Now I sit hear writing in this
journal crying for the mother I lost, for the first time I actually feel like I lost my mother, instead of feeling as if I
never had one.

As I said before he did a pretty good job raising me, as good of a job as he knew how. He worked, a lot,
Conner had a need to be the best, and so it seemed he couldn't stop working for that, it meant I spent a lot of
time after school alone, still he managed to always make sure I had nice clothes to wear, and good meals to eat.
He even endured a few sleepovers with me and my friends.

The house my mother writes about is the one I grew up in, I've never seen the one Conner grew up in, but I guess
we still own it, Conner says its a profitable rental property. Its the only home I've ever known, and I guess it is
pretty spectacular, all I know is I spent a lot of hours running around our yard with my friends, painting pictures of
the flower beds, and doing homework in the dining room. All in all it has been a pretty terrific place to lay my
head down at night.

I'm 17 years old now, not the baby mom wrote about.
I'm not sure what to do with this journal, now that I've read it, and started writing in it, I guess I will continue.
Maybe it will end up being a life story of sorts for me, or maybe once I have a husband and family of my own it
will end up in a box of mementos. Its hard to say, right now it just seems to need closure or something of the
sort.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM
Ahh so sad :'(
I didn't want her to die, but at least we have a new person to look on!

:P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:59 AM
Default Chapter 7

Maybe I should start back where the journal left off. Like I said I survived the toddler years at the hands of my
brother and before long I was heading off to Kindergarten, it was about that same time that we got a new maid.
Mom and Dad left us pretty well off, and Conner has added a lot to what they left, he works stocks and such,
don't ask any details I don't understand it at all, numbers make my head hurt.

Conner met the new maid on her first day of work and I guess as they say, sparks flew.
It wasn't long before the new maid was my new Sister-in-Law.

Fahtima is Ok, I guess, we don't get along the best even now, and back then it was strained at times, she tried
Bossing me, and I didn't take it well. It wasn’t hard for me to figure out why she married my brother, or why he married her, She was pretty and she wasn't going to say no to anything Conner
wanted, I mean after all she was a maid before, and now she was in charge of running a pretty nice little house.
All she was expected to do was take care of me and Conner. When Conner was away she was quite different
then when he was around, she laid around a lot, and bossed the replacement maid around something awful.

It upset me that he couldn't see her for what she really was, she was nothing more then a gold digger in my
opinion. But she dressed up pretty for him, she was charming when he would throw cocktail parties for his
clients, and she said and did all the right things when he was around.

I was six when she announced they were going to be parents. Conner was pretty excited about it, I wasn't. I
would have thought having raised me he would be in no rush to pro-create, but I was very wrong. Fahtima was
even more demanding when she was pregnant, but Conner didn't care, in fact he was constantly pushing the fact
that she was carrying his baby and needed pampered herself. I suddenly felt very left out of his world

She went into labor in the middle of the night, and three days later Conner, Fahtima, and the twin girls came home
from the hospital.

I didn't have much to do with them, in fact if I were being honest I was extremely jealous of
them. Conner fawned over them like they were the only girls on the planet, calling them his angels.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 6:00 AM
Default Chapter 8

The girls and I both grew and eventually I got over being jealous of them. Serena was the oldest, obviously
named after my mother, and Grace was the youngest, named after Fahtima's grandmother. They were very
different. Serena kind of kept to herself most of the time, but Grace well she liked being the center of attention all
the time.

We get along ok I guess now, but mostly I have my friends and life and they have theirs. Conner and I aren't as
close as we were before they came, its kind of weird now with him being a dad and me being his little sister. I get
a lot of lectures about being a good Aunt, problem is I don't feel like their aunt, I don't know what I feel like.
I guess that catches things up for now...I'm not sure how often I will write in this thing, but I'm pretty sure I will,
don't know why just feel like maybe I found a way to be close to the mom I never had.

Its been a year since I picked you up, so much has happened, I don't even know where to start. I graduated
high school, and Conner has been on my case about college, only he refuses to pay for me to go to the Art School
I want to attend, I refuse to be practical, so we are at a stale mate about that.

Your 18th birthday is suppose to be a special day, its the day you turn into an adult. Mine will never be forgotten
by me but its not in a good way. I'm not even sure I can write about this yet. It started out like any other
birthday, I had invited a few friends, Omar came, he's been my best friend since grade school, and Julien came,
Fahtima's younger brother.

I've had a crush on him since the first time I met him and we always got along super well. Omar has never liked
him and doesn't get what I see in him.

Anyways after the cake and presents, Julien and I snuck away for a little
privacy and one thing led to another, it was just a few kisses stolen in the upstairs bathroom, and the next thing I
knew it was heating up too fast. I didn't want it to go to far and pulled away. He didn't take no for an answer.
I can't tell anyone, its Fahtima's brother, and I know they won't believe me, and so I've just kept it quiet, it feels
kind of good to get it out now, even if its only to a book.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 9:36 PM
Default Chapter 9

I am numb right now, I can't think, I can't even cry. I found out last month that I was pregnant, and I knew I had
to tell Conner eventually, I also knew he wouldn't be happy about it, but I never thought he would react like this!
He kicked me out, his own flesh and blood sister, he kicked out. He told me I was a terrible example for his
daughters, and he would stand there and pretend it was ok that I was out fooling around and he sure as H*ll
wouldn't pay for it!

He sent me to live in mom's old house, the renters had moved out a couple of months ago. He told me I could
live there rent free until after the baby was born, and that if I was smart I would give it up for adoption. As I
pulled away from my home, all I could think of was how alone I felt. I pulled mom's journal out as soon as I got
to the house, and somehow it helps, knowing how lonely she use to feel.

The place was a mess when I got here, so when I woke up this morning I set about cleaning things up. I can't
seem to accomplish much though, most of the time it seems my head is stuffed over the toilet. Conner did let me
take my easel, and the car he gave me for graduation. The house is furnished, so I guess all in all its not as bad as
it felt last night. Still I don't understand how he could turn his back on me like this.. I think Fahtima may have a bit
to do with it all.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:18 PM
I am loving this *bounce*
Keep updating. I can't wait to see what the baby is like I hope Connor realises what Fahtima is really like D:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:19 PM
I am so glad you are enjoying the story There will be some interesting twists along the way I do believe .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:21 PM
Default Chapter 10

I don't know what I thought Pregnancy would be like, I guess I just never devoted any time to thinking about it all. Fahtima made it seem pretty horrible in some ways, always complaining about looking fat and feeling fat, but it never really seemed to bother her. It's terrible, by the time the puking stopped my stomach had begun growing, my back hurt all of the time. I still hadn't decided what I was going to do about the baby, when I thought about, really thought about it, what Conner said made sense. Maybe I didn't have any business raising a child, maybe it would be better for us both if I gave it up to someone else. I could move back in to my home and the kid would have great parents who were ready for it.

I thought about it the entire time as my belly grew rounder with each day. Finally seven months pregnant I made the decision, I would give the baby up, it would be for the best, so I contacted the adoption agency and they gave me a huge book of parents looking for a baby to call their own.

I spent hours pouring over those pages, reading and re-reading everything written about the parents, until I had narrowed it down to just two sets of parents. I met with them both and made my final choice. We met officially at the hospital where I went for my checkups. They rubbed my belly and told me how happy they were and what a wonderful thing I was doing.

The last month I carried my child, felt it moving inside me, doubts began to rise up in my head. My mom had Conner when she was just a little older then me, and she was a good mom, couldn't I be a good mom. Did I want to be a mom at all? Those were the thoughts I struggled with. I spent a lot of time at the easel taking my questions and fears out on the canvas, it was there that my first contraction gripped me. Really gripped me, I had been contracting off and on for days, and all that day they had been going on, but not enough to make me think it could really be anything, until that one hit.

I tried to lay down in my bedroom, but it was no use, the contractions were too hard, I just couldn't get comfortable. So I paced through the house, waiting for them to get close enough to go to the hospital. As Each one gripped its iron fist around me I ground my teeth together with pain until I was sure they would fall from my head. It was excruciating, and all consuming when the pain would hit, but in between I had time, time to anticipate the next one, time to think about my mother and what Conner's birth must have been like for her.

The pains finally came close enough that I knew I couldn't stay home any longer and so suitcase in hand I set out for the hospital. When I arrived they settled me into the room, within an hour of arriving my feet were in stirrups and the baby was on its way. With each push I felt as if everything I had ever had was being ripped out of me, my world as I had known it was ending, and while I didn't have the energy or ability to think of it then, something inside of me knew it. I screamed as he entered the room, and then suddenly he was laying on my belly, he wasn't suppose to be there, they were suppose to take him away, I wasn't suppose to have to see him, but I did, and it was in that moment that I knew I was never going home again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 11:29 AM
Default Chapter 11

My son was in my arms and he would never be taken out of them again. There were a lot of tears as I told the family I had changed my mine, they said they understood, but I wasn't sure if even I really understood, I was just sorry for all the pain I had caused them. I left the hospital the next day with Gabriel in my arms, he was my angel, and his name suited him I thought.

Maybe I should start this out with, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. That seems so appropriate to how my life has gone since Gabriel came home. I love him so much, and every minute with him is amazing, he is always surprising me by how smart he is!

It wasn’t all fun though, I never got to sleep anymore it seemed like, and once I began working I had so little time for doing anything I wanted to do. I hadn’t even had a chance to pick up a paintbrush in months it seemed. Gabriel took everything I had to give, I’m glad I kept him, wouldn’t change it for anything, but I have found a new respect for Mom raising my brothers all alone like she did.

I not only had Gabriel to care for during those first months, but I had begun remodeling our home, I couldn’t take the dreary colors all around me, and so with the money from work, and what I had left from the money Conner gave me when he kicked me out, little by little I began redecorating. I used my paintings as inspiration for each room.

I started in my room painting around one of my early abstracts in warm blues and oranges.

I then moved on to the living room, in there more extensive construction took place, walls were removed and rebuilt to add space and some visual interest to the outside of the house. I kept the living room and kitchen clean and modern with black and white being the main colors.

I put in new cabinets, repainted the old bookcase, table and Chairs, reupholstered our couch and other little touches.

It was exhausting all in all, I even redid our Bathroom. It took me 3 months from start to finish, and several thousand dollars but suddenly my little home, felt just like that, a home.
Instructor
#20 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:30 PM
This story is great...keep up the magnificent work!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 5:16 PM
Thank you Msp.. glad you are enjoying it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 6:50 PM
Default Chapter 12

Gabriel was 4 months old when Julien showed up on my doorstep. I couldn’t believe he had the nerve to even show his face to me, but I wasn’t prepared for how much nerve he actually had. He walked directly into the house without even knocking and took my son from my arms, before I had a chance even to catch my breath. “We make beautiful babies, don’t you think?”

I couldn’t think, I couldn’t move, but I could yell “Get your hands off of my baby, and Get out now before I call the cops Julien!”

He sighed, laying Gabriel in his crib, and walked over until his body was so close to mine, I could feel the heat coming from it. “Satori, you don’t understand why I am here. Every since your birthday, every since that day, I haven’t been able to get you off of my mind. You know I dream of being president one day and I need a good girl by my side, I want that girl to be you.”

I couldn’t believe my ears, he had to be joking, “You really think I want to be the girl by your side? You think after what you did to me, I would even consider it? You must be crazy, guess that makes you the perfect candidate for president though, seeing as that all we ever elect! You won‘t be doing it with me by your side, now get out, final warning before I call the cops!” He just smiled at me, “You’ll see things my way eventually sweets.” With that he was gone.

Two weeks later I walked in to my home from work and found Julien there with the babysitter, they chatted as if they were old friends. “You didn’t tell me Gabriel’s dad was so nice, in fact I didn’t even know his dad was around! I hope its ok that I let him in, you never told me not to.” I couldn’t understand what he was thinking, how did he think this would change my mind one bit. “It’s fine Lindsey, how is Gabe doing tonight?” Oh he is doing great, he had a bit of gas earlier but that is all taken care of now and he is sleeping away in his crib. I’ll just get my pay and be on my way.”

As soon as she left it started. “You see sweets, even your babysitter thinks you are letting a good thing get away! I think last time we talked I didn’t make myself clear, you will marry me, or I will take Gabriel. Is that clear enough. You will be a good wife, and mother and you will even maybe learn to love in time.”

“ You are out of your mind, you will never get Gabriel, and I will never marry you, get out of my house and stay out!” I was shaking from head to toe with anger and fear, this guy really was out of it and I was terrified of what he might do, no one was around to hear me scream.

“ You are not hearing me, Satori, I will take our son, and in the process you will be ran through the mud, destroying any reputation you might have in this town. I have money, and I have connections, so don’t think you can fight me on this. I’ll give you a couple of days to cool off, when I come back, you will accept my proposal and play the part of the blushing bride.” With that he was gone, leaving me a quivering mess, he was right, I knew he was, he had money and connections, and in a town like this I didn’t have a prayer, unless…
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 8:00 PM
good story .,
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:20 AM
wow, im loving it!
julien is a creep!
satori should run away and change her name!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 12:03 PM
Default Chapter 13

I bundled up Gabriel early the next morning and headed out, I hadn’t seen Conner since he kicked me out, and I wasn’t sure if I would even be allowed in the house, but I had to try.

They were out in the garden working when I arrived, how strange it was to be there at my childhood home and feel like a complete stranger. They did invite me inside and so I didn’t waste anyone’s time by stalling.

“Conner I need your help, Julien wants me to marry him. I know I should have told you a long time ago, but he’s Gabriel’s father.”

Conner just smiled, smiled! “ We already figured that much out Satori, we all saw the way you looked at him and flirted with him, it wasn’t hard to put two and two together. I think its great that he wants to do right and marry you. You know how I felt about you keeping Gabriel, but you insisted, so now you need to do what is right and give him a proper home. A single mother isn’t a proper home. Boys need a dad in their lives.”

Tears rimmed my eyes and I tried to steady my voice as I spoke, “You don’t understand Conner, he says if I don’t marry him, he’s going to take Gabriel away from me, I don’t want to marry him, I don’t love him, I don’t even like him!”

Conner looked at me, and then at Gabriel laying in my arms, “I would support him Satori, I am sorry, but he is right, he has the money to properly support his Son, you don’t. I won’t force you to marry him, I can’t do that, but I won’t help you keep your son, the son I felt you should have never brought home.”

There was nothing more to say, I felt abandoned, I felt as if I had been pushed into the sea with sharks circling, and my brother was standing there above me watching me being ripped to pieces, laughing.
I turned and left that house, my home was no longer here and I knew that I would not return again.
Page 1 of 3