Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 1:10 AM
Default Let's Play Movie Producer!
So, if you're like me, you have a long list of stories that you'd love to see get made into a big-budget Hollywood film, but so far, none of the studios seem to be moving in that direction. You may have a location that would be perfect for filming a story, or actors in mind who would bring life to a character like no one else would be able to do. Well, what would you do if YOU were the producer in charge of getting that film off the ground? Anything in the film-making process that you think you have an answer to, share it! Your cast, your location, your score, your set design, even (shudder) where you would change what happened in the original story! You can be brief, or go into as much detail as your silver-screen imagination can come up with. Aaaaaand.... ACTION!!!

(OK, fine, I know it's the director who says "action," not the producer. )

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:57 AM
I love matching songs to characters/settings/whatever. This doesn't even apply to just movies...I've yet to come up with a good character that fits the song Shout by Tears for Fears well. So if I were producing a movie, I'd pick out songs for it so they can go well with a certain scene. The song Tremble for My Beloved by Collective Soul is playing...at first you see nothing, but then the guitar kicks in and you see a car leaping out from a brick wall or something. No, that sounds kind of lame...it's more fun to have someone laying in bed just listening to music, because then it could be pretty much anything you want. Hair of the Dog by Nazareth, yeah that sounds nice, let's do that. Or at point you could do the song that fits the character the most...I once came up with a character, I think The Real Me by The Who suits him the most, so he could be listening to that.

Eh, I'm getting carried away when I'll probably never be a movie producer...oh well...
Theorist
#3 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 8:53 AM
It would be a story about a guy named Tom who had gotten fired from his previous job because his bosses always jump to conclusions. When his new friends get depressed with their work, Tom cheers them up by showing them how to take the specifications from the customers directly to the software people. However, his boss doesn't like it that way and asks "what the hell is wrong with you?" Not missing a beat, Tom saves company time by inventing a new procedure to use the fax machine to deliver the specifications to the software people rather than do it physically.
The movie would be called: This is What I Do Here.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Theorist
#4 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 12:46 AM
This would probably be a better movie than the one that's out now...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:24 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 5th Jul 2015 at 4:41 AM.
Mine would be a live action movie where famous anime characters show up in our dimension. The Interpol agent Koichi Zenigata from Lupin the Third (played by Tom Kenny as he can do the voice and the visual) is on the hunt for more than Lupin's gang. He's involved in the largest search and rescue mission of missing persons. He partnered with my character, Charlotte Yamamoto, a English and Japanese gynoid with super senses and the ability to speak any language without fail. Her problem is she has a deep seated fear of strangers. The score would be arranged by Yoko Kanno and soundtrack songs include songs featured in the Dancemania series by Intercord. The setting would be in King and Snohomish counties of Washington state.

Of course, with the big stink over Aloha, a cosplay movie would only garner backlash of yellowface.

I also wanted to create a Chuckimation feature-length film. That shouldn't be too hard, it's just jostling dolls back and forth to mimic speech. I'll wing it and see where I can work stuff in.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)