Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#1201 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Those floating tiles are a pain in the arse ugh I have so many around my castle. Trying t get rid of the is so annoying.

Especially if you do it wrong and end up with random gaps in the ceiling!

@Visarett
Wow looking really nice. I especially like the first home

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1202 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Visarett : 16th Feb 2019 at 12:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Those are nice. Do you upload anywhere?

I do not upload. Some of those houses don't even exist beyond a picture and a memory. I shouldn't even take credit for those. I have a tendency to model my own buildings on designs others have done. The red one was modeled after plasticbox's Quigley. The first one with the large dormer window and the garage with two dormers was modeled originally after plasticbox's Fleetwood.

I have a tendency to reverse-engineer whatever I like about a specific build or style and mimic it and make alterations.
Instructor
#1203 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 1:15 PM
I have recently found out that If floating tiles appear one just has to:
1- "unpaint" all ceilings (not deleting the floor just removing the ceiling paint by holding ctrl + shift)
2 - remove spiral stairs or ladders (modular stairs don't seem to matter)

Then leave to play mode. If one has done those steps correctly (no ceiling is painted anywhere and there are no stairs) the ceiling "regenerates" and there are no holes and no floating tiles anymore. They will disappear before your eyes once you enter live mode (this is quite satisfying to watch.

You can then enter build mode again and paint all the ceilings and add stairs. Sometimes this causes floating tiles to appear at other places but don´t panic you just have to repeat the previous steps and they will eventually be gone for good I promise. I never had to repeat it more than three times

It is important to never delete the floating tiles with the hammer tool or with any other method. If you do or did in the past this method will no longer work on the lot.

I will try to make a tutorial later with some pictures to make it easier to understand.

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Alchemist
#1204 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 2:55 PM
Good to have someone like you in the crew, Crow

#1205 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:47 PM
Hi all! I am new here but sure this party is nice to have fun and feedback)
Some day ago I tried to add some fairy tale in Sims 4 and make a poor enterpretation of russian historical rural houses.
Today the game had some conflicts and now it needs to clean up or reinstall. But I`ve made two screens from the process.
I still don`t know how to make a nice close-up screens from the ground. =/

Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1206 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 7:51 AM
Looks good. The level of details of those houses are incredible. Tried it once and failed

#1207 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 9:50 AM
@Johnny_Bravo, thank you! Yes, it has a mess of wooden carvings. I see myself missed most of them and got confused to make screens closer.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1208 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 1:05 PM
@Victor_tor is it possible to get that level in TS4? Because for TS3 you'd need some experimenting and lots of cast.

#1209 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
@Victor_tor is it possible to get that level in TS4? Because for TS3 you'd need some experimenting and lots of cast.

@Johnny_Bravo, nooo! TS4 is full another! I really miss TS3 Create a Style. That was much joyful then PS painting(

Forum Resident
#1210 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 10:21 PM
Does anyone realize this thread is over 9 years old already???

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1211 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Does anyone realize this thread is over 9 years old already???

The 10th anniversary is the important one. Then we should get this thing going to 15 years

#1212 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 7:48 PM
Finally uploaded. Any new ideas? Huh?

Alchemist
#1213 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 12:25 PM
A Russian Wooden mansion maybe? Or a 'Dragestil' house like Cutsocks' Litsegard or Fergus' Strandheim.

#1214 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 1:03 AM
A Russian Wooden mansion maybe? Or a 'Dragestil' house like Cutsocks' Litsegard or Fergus' Strandheim.

R u kidding me? Those two houses are the same house! Does I need to choose between two identical houses, or you just like such style of architecture?
There are same size as those two mansions like Kolomenskoe palace in Moscow. But Sims 4 building instruments are not enough to made its curved wooden domes.
Ugh...
Think I`m stuck with no ideas now

Alchemist
#1215 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
R u kidding me? Those two houses are the same house! Does I need to choose between two identical houses, or you just like such style of architecture?
There are same size as those two mansions like Kolomenskoe palace in Moscow. But Sims 4 building instruments are not enough to made its curved wooden domes.
Ugh...
Think I`m stuck with no ideas now

Technically.. they're not the same But yes, I like the style, and I think you've pulled off the Russian style pretty good, so why not a different one :p

#1216 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 10:58 PM
Technically.. they're not the same But yes, I like the style, and I think you've pulled off the Russian style pretty good, so why not a different one :p

I took a close look to both. I prefered cutsocks as a reference. This house is having almost all details to make it at sims 4 and I know it will looks perfect there. I can make it but... meh... with my machine it will takes forever...
Jesus, JB, you`re assassin! I just refused from using non-Origin EA copies and you now push me to crime again!))
I having interest of @cutsocks will say. He (or she) is MTS regular and still practicing. Just I can`t make a copy of anything from author non retired.

Instructor
#1217 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:07 AM
If anyone ever wants to recreate any of my lots in TS2 or TS4 that's fine.
Theorist
#1218 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 19th Mar 2019 at 1:45 PM.
Default screens added
You really burned the fire guys. Let`s get it started! I can`t stop to read today about Karl Martin Norum, Balestrand and Strandheim. I`ll try make tile-to-tile copy. I found a lot of facade pictures of original Strandheim today!
Cutsocks, I can say it is bit differs from yours, but matching the real prototype facade is incredible. Thank you! Have you interested in this project? Hope we could be in toutch.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1219 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 7:19 PM
I never said you have to make it, merely a suggestion. But it's awesome that you do (or try) it anyway :p

*Blends back into crowd*

#1220 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 18th Mar 2019 at 9:58 PM.
I never said you have to make it, merely a suggestion. But it's awesome that you do (or try) it anyway :p

*Blends back into crowd*

Sure. That's bad I have no all sims 4 but I am still tend to uninstall it cause of some contradictory feelings about this game. But now I have a hard task and Think I'll need to take one question to cutsocks about his house after stroll through his screenshots.

Theorist
#1221 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 11:18 PM
@cutsocks, I have some stupid question about clutter you used a this places marked red:

During yesterday I decided to place a chimney in guestroom and fill kitchen counterstops with random clutter to make those unaccessable to cook on. But still has some issuies about your dark zone near the window.
And second question: does laundry baskets at each bedroom is a must-have for family about 8 sims? It looks like a lot of smelly garbage)))
Screenshots

Instructor
#1222 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 2:59 PM
This pic should answer your question. (Luckily it all fits in one screenshot. LOL) So.. microwave, canister set, utensil jar. TV, small table with games console. "Sofa table" with awards. Sims 3 has a severe lack of clutter items, even with all of it's expansions, stuff packs, and Store.

As far as laundry hampers go, I don't think they get smelly in Sims 3, if they do I've never let them get smelly. I make my Sims do laundry every few days or so, so I can feel bad about not doing my own laundry in real life as often. Personally I use a modded hamper that'll collect all dirty laundry on a lot. But at least downloaders know that there is room for a hamper, whether they keep them or not. And If I don't put a hamper in each bedroom, I'll put one in each full bathroom instead. And sometimes I omit laundry stuff altogether.

But then, I fully expect people who download and use my lots to CAST the crap out of everything, ruining my beautiful vibrant colors back to contemporarily popular and acceptable neutrals. (I might have gone a little over-the-top with CASTing Villa Litsegard, but over-the-top CASTing is how I make interior decoration bearable.)
Screenshots
Theorist
#1223 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 12:07 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 20th Mar 2019 at 12:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
This pic should answer your question. (Luckily it all fits in one screenshot. LOL) So.. microwave, canister set, utensil jar. TV, small table with games console. "Sofa table" with awards. Sims 3 has a severe lack of clutter items, even with all of it's expansions, stuff packs, and Store.

Thank you for your support. It`s so much useful. It'll step foward to make my interiors close to yours.

As far as laundry hampers go, I don't think they get smelly in Sims 3, if they do I've never let them get smelly. I make my Sims do laundry every few days or so, so I can feel bad about not doing my own laundry in real life as often. Personally I use a modded hamper that'll collect all dirty laundry on a lot. But at least downloaders know that there is room for a hamper, whether they keep them or not. And If I don't put a hamper in each bedroom, I'll put one in each full bathroom instead. And sometimes I omit laundry stuff altogether.

I usually made laundry with restrooms. But you gave me really good avice I didn't ever think of. Sims are usually can't use hampers during daily hygiene actions. And most of clothes drops in bedroms before going to sleep. I need to try hampers at bedrooms, so probably I'll need to playtest.

But then, I fully expect people who download and use my lots to CAST the crap out of everything, ruining my beautiful vibrant colors back to contemporarily popular and acceptable neutrals. (I might have gone a little over-the-top with CASTing Villa Litsegard, but over-the-top CASTing is how I make interior decoration bearable.)

I wanted to say from first look at your building. You made some very suitable interior tips to went from victorian looking Villa Strandheim to norway rustic. Your plans are much close to real too. But I need to flame this out... I HAVE FEAR OF THOSE MUSH AT THE KITCHEN! This green-weed gaze from Alice in Wounderland looks inedible, probably peels from wallpapers to eat me! I was very HAPPY not to found any matching wallcovers at Sims 4

Theorist
#1224 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 10:22 PM
Just two screens of my designs comprised to Cutsocks's.
Tried to copy another carefully and save rustic flavour but made it much old-timed.
I moved dinning to white veranda. And veranda furnishings went to butler's room. Think Hans Dahl's family had those one. And some furnishing replacements to look it little back in past)

Screenshots

Theorist
#1225 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:01 PM
Guys the building goes a bit much difficult then I thought so I started CFF thread for not to overpost this thread of nice ideas.
Previously sorry for screens quality. Your opinion and feedback is very much appreciated as always. :lovestruc

Page 49 of 98