Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 2:10 AM Last edited by rothn : 4th Apr 2009 at 5:03 AM.
Default Animation Doesn't Play
OLD PROBLEM

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ANIMATION PROBLEM

In SimPE, I created an object, a Spa Steamer like the one in TS1. Unlike TS1, though I have never had this problem before, and have no idea what triggered it. The game just messes it up. I have tried for an hour to fix this to no avail. Please help me figure out what is wrong here. Links to the images and package file are below. Note that even though I have all expansion packs (including Apartment Life), the object I cloned is from the base game.

The ingame image of the object (when it is malfunctioning) is

The image of the object in SimPE (when it is not malfunctioning) is below:

The package file is attached here
http://chii.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=875746
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SpaSteamer4.zip (334.1 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Description: the object having problems
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 3:25 AM
The link for your first image isn't working...?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:17 AM
fixed the image (wrong name)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:39 AM
Okay, first thing I'm going to say is please turn off the "import animations" option in Object Workshop. Importing those 52 anim files does nothing but bulk up your package and increase the risk of conflicts with other objects which *do* have custom animations.

Second thing, you've updated your GUID, but I think you've forgotten to press the "Update MMATs" button because your MMATs are still pointing at your old GUID. Go into your OBJD and copy that GUID, then go to each of the MMATs and paste it in under the "objectGUID" line. Commit your MMATs and try it in game again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 10:10 PM
I plan to change the anims to make custom animations
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 10:15 PM
Doesn't matter. Don't import them. You don't need to import them to replace them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:53 AM
Animation Doesn't play
OK, now I have the object, but the animation doesn't play! The Milkshape file containing the imported final GMDC and imported final CRES are in the zip file for debugging purposes. Obviously, I have also included a copy of the new package. The old bug, by the way, was that my Mip Map had only 9 levels instead of 10.

Thank you
Nicholas
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: zip Spa Steamer.zip
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 7:25 AM
Which animation are you trying to replace?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 4:51 AM
I actually created a new one - look in the BHAV functions -- it's pretty obvious. (sorry for the misunderstanding)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:19 AM
please help me with a broken animation!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:45 AM
rothn - I will, but your files were attached on chii, and thus I couldn't access them with all the fileserver issues. Can you upload it again?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 2:37 AM
Default here is the re-upload
here are the files
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Spa Steamer.zip (439.0 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 8:58 AM
Any particular reason you're using "Anim Speed: Temp 0x0002"? The speed you've got in temp 2 is, I think, a little under a third of normal speed. You probably don't want that, just set the speed in operand 4 like normal.

Do you know if it is producing an error? Try setting your "Animate Object" call's false target to Error and then running it in debug mode so you can see if it's the node which failing or the animation itself.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 2:58 AM
the animation itself is failing
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 3:00 AM
by the way, the speed is now stored in the params, but I don't want to re-upload
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 6:30 PM
Default Here is the new version
The problem is certainly in the animation, but I have no idea what it is.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SpaSteamer9.zip (168.2 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#17 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 7:22 PM
This package seems to suffer from some kind of non-readability issue: it is not a proper zip and none of the usual zip extracting utilities (unzip, winzip, winrar, 7zip) recognize it. I suspect that this is part of the problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#18 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 12:54 AM
Pes - 7zip can extract it, although nothing else can so I'm not sure what format it actually is.

rothn - Did you try pointing the false target to error and running it with debug mode? Did you get an error log? If you did, could you please post it. While it is possible that the animation itself is faulty, if you've exported it from Wes' plugin and haven't changed it afterwards, it's far more likely to be a problem with your BHAVs or the various other connections inside the package, not the animation itself.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#19 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Pes - 7zip can extract it, although nothing else can so I'm not sure what format it actually is.
I tried that. 7zip doesn't recognize it either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#20 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 9:20 AM
Shrug. It did for me.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#21 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 9:39 AM
Well, as you can see, 7z clearly says this file is corrupt. Whatever it is, it ain't a zip file. Renaming it to .7z doesn't make it any more recognizeable. WinRAR doesn't recognize it, WinZIP doesn't recognize it, Linux zip on 3 servers doesn't recognize it. Whatever it is, it's not a zip file.
Screenshots

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#22 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 9:44 AM
Repacked and attached
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SpaSteamer9.zip (201.3 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 6:08 AM
Default file
here is the valid file
Attached files: