Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 2:24 PM
Default Big Problem with glas subset
Hello

my english is not very good, but i have a problem with an glass subset. I´ve cloned a fireplace (2tiles fireplace without chimney) and want to add glass rack. its fine but my glas is blue. i have cloned the glass material from another custom object, but it will not work. It´s linked to the shape and the material definition ist linked to the subset.

Why does it not work correctly?

Thanks for Help
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 3:34 PM
please can you post your object in a rar file so we can open and look at it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 7:22 PM
Here is the file. I hope you can find the problem and tell me where it is. So that i can it by myself the next time.

Thanx for help
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Modern Elegance.rar (124.5 KB, 1 downloads) - View custom content
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 7:47 PM
Hallo

I cannot open the file outside SimPE (what EPs are you using) but i see in the scenegraph there is no reference to the glas in the Geometric node....did you follow the tutorial for adding the subset?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 8:02 PM Last edited by schnuffi1982 : 9th Nov 2008 at 8:10 PM.
Hi

What do you mean with you cannot open it putside SimPe?
I´ve all ep´s up to freetime and h&m fashion. I used the Tutorial. I look tomorrow about the Geometric Node. But is this not only required if the subset had to be recolorable?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 8:08 PM
ok, sorry I was not able to open with my game set up (just got base at the moment) but I did not see where in the GMND you had defined the glas in the materials mesh - if you want a certain glass I think you have to find it in another object and then link or you can try changing the glas options in blend mode.(smoked glas etc) - I think that blue tinted glass is the default glass.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 8:17 PM
Okay

So it looks in game

I just want normal glass.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 8:39 PM
I´ve changed something. The fireplaces without chimney find you at kitchen appliances miscelangelous. I think it will work in base game.
At this PC i can´t try this package because here isnt sims2 installed. Could you retry this maybe?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Modern Elegance.rar (122.5 KB, 0 downloads) - View custom content
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 8:39 PM
Hi again

This is the famous custom flashing blue; there is a checklist in the tutorials page for this

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=44997.

Mean while I will see if I can get some glass on there
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 8:54 PM
I see that you still have the txmt written on the end of the file name in the shape for the glas - try removing that. Sorry, crossed mail -am now starting up other PC with all EPs on, but has no internet so will take a while
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:01 PM
it´s okay. i delate the txmt in the shape.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#12 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:05 PM Last edited by leesester : 9th Nov 2008 at 9:15 PM.
do you mean it is working? It is working for me now. see attached file and screen
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Modern Elegance snuffled2.rar (123.7 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:09 PM
no. I can´t test it here, because at this PC is Sims not installed. I don´t know if it works.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:15 PM
see editted post - case closed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:17 PM
It´s great. Have you deleted the TXMT at the end of filename at shape?
Can you post the working file?

Thank you so much for your help. Now it looks very nice
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#16 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:22 PM
file is in post 12 - enjoy the fireplace - can I keep a working copy?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:30 PM
Sure you could keep a copy for you. however, please do not offer to the download anywhere.

Does it really lay at the TXMT at the end of Shape Name? Something is really complicated.

Thank you
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#18 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:35 PM
yes, once I saw the blue was the flashing blue I saw that there was a materials link missing somewhere -since you had no texture for the glass then I looked in the links to the standard material in the SHPE. It is often little things that are hard to find - I suggst you bookmark the link to the checklist.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:41 PM
Okay at the next object it will go better. Thanks