Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2010 at 9:37 PM
Default No actual TXTR image for custom object
As always, this site is remarkable in terms of custom support.

I created a new mesh using JWoods tutorial. I cloned the Retro Overeasy Eggseater. I especially liked the differentiation between the cushion and the frame in the original mesh. That is one reason I wanted to stick with it.

Unfortunately, when it comes time to work on the texture, I only have the shadow to work with!

Here's what I see in SimPE
Click on image for more detail

Should I have chosen a different chair to clone to begin with? Can I still add a TXTR to this object even though it does not originally list one?

Thank you all again for your help!

Sincerely,
GS
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st May 2010 at 10:16 PM
There's no MMAT for it either, which leads me to think that it shares textures with other Maxis objects. I do believe it's possible to add a TXTR and the other entries it would need- if you're comfortable/knowledgeable enough to edit the TXMT, MMAT, GMND..I think that would be it- in SimPE.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2010 at 11:47 PM
Eesh! Any recommendations for a base game compatible chair (without armrests) that I can use? I can tweak the mesh if I have to.

Thanks again!

GS
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 2nd May 2010 at 1:11 AM
That chair is from University and is a slave to the recliner of the same shape. You could add the resources that MLC noted but the chair would still require Uni. I do believe the Adirondack chair has two subsets, but it is probably slaved to the sofa. There is also the Serenity Sitter and the Studio Bakonmi, but both are also probably slaved to the sofa. This is common in EA stuff, having the sofa as master.

Your probably going to have to add a subset to a chair that isn't slaved to a sofa.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2010 at 1:37 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. The Studio Bakonmi Deluxe Chair actually has three subsets. I will just hide one of the three for simplicity. It also has the required MMATs and textures (or at least it would seem). I'll see how it works out.

Thanks again for all of the resources and pointers!

GS
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd May 2010 at 1:45 AM
Isn't there another chair similar to that one? The name escapes me at the moment..retratech something or other? *sigh* Whatever the name of it is, I used it for a chair I did- it's got 2 subsets and isn't slaved to any other game objects.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#7 Old 2nd May 2010 at 1:53 PM
Yes MLC there is. However that one is a dining chair and the chair cloned here is a living chair. =)

I'm surprised that chair has the textures. LoL But glad that you found one that will work. The third subset isn't recolorable, it is a slave subset to another texture. So you can safely delete that one, just find the one that uses the same TXMT as another and delete its resources.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd May 2010 at 8:19 PM
Yep. DINING as opposed to LIVING. Silly me.

GS, for future reference: Clonable Objects I haven't looked at this list in a while, but I'm pretty sure it says what's slaved to what.

HL, out of curiosity: If one were to add the needed resources, could the object be made base-game compatible at all? Is there a way to do it? Would making it a stand-alone object and editing the flags in OBJD work?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#9 Old 2nd May 2010 at 11:42 PM
LoL Yea I noticed the shadow and thought no way is that the dining chair.

And yes I would think changing the flags in the OBJD would make it base. Far as I know Uni didn't add any interactions that would affect the chair. I've had good luck making cc objects that required Uni to not need Uni.

As for the Clonable Objects, I use the CEP documentation that you can install when installing the CEP. No idea if that one by IB is up to date.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2010 at 1:07 AM
Thank you both for all of your assistance. I have finally made the object and tested it out in game with success!

The next steps I have to take now is two fold. First, I want to make the "footprint" one tile instead of two (since it was cloned from the Studio Bakonmi chair). I believe there is a tut for that somewhere....

Next, I want to add an option to the Pie menu? Basically add a "view" option for the chair (if possible).

Here is a preview if you're interested:

Based upon the chair here:
http://highheelshoechair.com/leopard.htm

Which was an original request by Mrmo at this site.

Thank you all again for pointing me in the right direction. Hopefully I will complete this project soon!

GS
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#11 Old 3rd May 2010 at 1:27 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd May 2010 at 1:33 AM
Sweet! I knew I came to the right place! Now I have enough resources to become really dangerous!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th May 2010 at 11:47 PM
That chair is cool. Kinda wondering if there's a reason you've got the heel going all the way up instead of down lower like in the picture. But it's still cool..and would really cool in other colors, of course. lol

HL, there's a reason I look at IB's list..I just can't remember what that reason is. But I DO check the CEP stuffs, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th May 2010 at 3:12 AM
Very good point MLC. I have revisited the mesh and updated it to look more like the picture. I am still having a hard time adding the view option to the chair. Just when I thought it would be easy..... I've tried different semi-globals from different objects (such as from the PaintingGlobals and the FlamingoGlobals) with little luck. I may have to post a new thread in the forum, though I would prefer not to.

Any suggestions and or help?

Thank you so very much (again),
GS
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#15 Old 9th May 2010 at 6:09 AM
Adding interactions is something I've never done. Have you looked through THIS thread to see if anyone else has had the same kind of problem? There might be some kind of help in there. Did you manage to fix the footprint?

New pic of chair? Please??
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#16 Old 9th May 2010 at 3:19 PM
Yea the thread MLC posted is the Q&A thread for that tutorial. I would think if you only want to view it then painting or scupture globals would be the way to go.

You can continue on in this thread for the object, and if we can't get it here and it is specific to the interaction then you can post in the link MLC gave.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th May 2010 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Did you manage to fix the footprint?
New pic of chair? Please??

Yep, the footprint is fixed. I had to shift the chair by -0.425. Strange, but it worked!

Here is the latest pic:

Click on image for a larger view.

For the view option, sims now at least walk to the chair... and then promptly stare off into space... I'll check out those other tutorials.

Thank you all AGAIN (I am sure there will be a dozen more thank yous)!

GS