Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 2:04 AM
Registering Object ERROR! help
I'm trying to convert some objects to a friend and when I register (to get GUID) SimPE is showing this error message ... below the printscreen and the text.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I have never had this problem before with simpe, I have always registered my objects easily and without errors. I've reinstalled, changed version, downloaded again ... but it does not work.

Someone help me please!

Falha na solicitação com mensagem de erro:
--
<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

--. SimPE Version:
Default (0.73.43.19523).

Exception Stack:
System.Net.WebException: Falha na solicitação com mensagem de erro:
--
<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

em System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
em System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
em Sims.GUID.Service.SimGUIDService.registerUser(String username, String password)
em Sims.GUID.GUIDGetterForm.RegisterNewUser(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Source:
System.Web.Services

Execution Stack:
em System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
em System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
em Sims.GUID.Service.SimGUIDService.registerUser(String username, String password)
em Sims.GUID.GUIDGetterForm.RegisterNewUser(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Windows Version:
Vista

.NET Version:

Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 2:23 AM
Honeywell posted about this on her tumblr earlier today. The German version of the GUID database still works: https://sims.ambertation.de/de/guiddb/
If you can log-in (if you haven't ever registered for an account, I don't know if you still can - although it's WordPress so maybe you still can), you'd want the link that says Block hinzufügen to add a new block of GUIDs.. which still works because I was almost out of GUIDs so I added a new block.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Honeywell posted about this on her tumblr earlier today. The German version of the GUID database still works: https://sims.ambertation.de/de/guiddb/
If you can log-in (if you haven't ever registered for an account, I don't know if you still can - although it's WordPress so maybe you still can), you'd want the link that says Block hinzufügen to add a new block of GUIDs.. which still works because I was almost out of GUIDs so I added a new block.

THANK YOU SO MUCHO! I'll try now. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 12:50 PM Last edited by AdeLanaSP : 9th Jun 2017 at 1:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by beegomez
THANK YOU SO MUCHO! I'll try now. :lovestruc

I have the same problem. How to solve this? Did it work for you?

P.S. Sorry for this post. Now I understand what needs to be done! (I do not know how to delete this post)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 11:34 PM Last edited by beegomez : 9th Jun 2017 at 11:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AdeLanaSP
I have the same problem. How to solve this? Did it work for you?

P.S. Sorry for this post. Now I understand what needs to be done! (I do not know how to delete this post)

I downloaded the zip of the link that it sent but it did not work here, I do not know if it needs to install in German ... because I downloaded the link of the page in German but at the time of choosing the language I chose in English, because German I do not understand Nothing ... I've been thinking ... maybe there should be some cache folder (like documents / ea games / the sims 2) where the SimPE stores some cache files where we should delete to maybe solve this error ... does it exist? (I'm not talking about the installation folder, I mean some cache storage folder somewhere in windows)

What did you do to solve the problem?
Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 4:45 AM Last edited by omglo : 10th Jun 2017 at 4:55 AM.
You're not supposed to be redownloading SimPE, just logging into the site and assigning yourself a new block of GUIDs, assuming you've run out. The feature to automatically assign a GUID to an object has only worked sporadically this week, and it's not because of anything on your end, so unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

If you have a block of GUIDs already, and you know which one you used last, you can manually type in the next number in the sequence into GUID box of your new object. So if your last object used GUID 0x001DF4D0, then you'd type 0x001DF4D1 into the GUID box of your new object. And it's in hex, so After 0x001DF4D9, then you'd go 0x001DF4DA etc. If you do this, keep track of the numbers just in case SimPE starts working again, so that it doesn't end up assigning GUIDs you've already used to your new objects.

Oh, and if you're using Chrome browser, right click the page mustluvcatz linked to, and choose to translate it into English instead of German.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You're not supposed to be redownloading SimPE, just logging into the site and assigning yourself a new block of GUIDs, assuming you've run out. The feature to automatically assign a GUID to an object has only worked sporadically this week, and it's not because of anything on your end, so unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

If you have a block of GUIDs already, and you know which one you used last, you can manually type in the next number in the sequence into GUID box of your new object. So if your last object used GUID 0x001DF4D0, then you'd type 0x001DF4D1 into the GUID box of your new object. And it's in hex, so After 0x001DF4D9, then you'd go 0x001DF4DA etc. If you do this, keep track of the numbers just in case SimPE starts working again, so that it doesn't end up assigning GUIDs you've already used to your new objects.

Oh, and if you're using Chrome browser, right click the page mustluvcatz linked to, and choose to translate it into English instead of German.

Yes yes yes, works well! thank you!
Space Pony
#8 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 9:00 PM
In case it helps, here's the step-by-step instructions. I haven't had a chance to try it myself, but...
http://honeywell-mts.tumblr.com/pos...e-guid-database
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:34 AM
Just wanted to update: As of today, June 28, this error is still popping up, so if anyone is getting it at well, it's not just you.

I'm not sure if I should try getting more guids, since I haven't run out of mine (nor am I close to running out, yet)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:57 AM
This is a temporary fix. We have a serious problem if Ambertation and the GUID database are going to be down permanently. If no one can download SimPE or register for GUIDs, no new creators, ever!

Is Ambertation likely to come back, or is there a chance MTS could host SimPE and the Database, like it does with the official patches?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 1:22 AM
SimPE will always be available - the QA version will be around for years. If ambertation ever does go down then sure, someone can upload that file here.

If the GUID database dies properly we'll just have to rely on hashing to make GUIDs. It's not ideal, but it's workable.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 11:28 AM
I'm having the same issue, and have no idea how to create a new GUID. The SimPE site registration is now disabled so no-one can register. How do I generate a new GUID for a new object, please?

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 12:53 PM
This thread has instructions: http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=596659

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 8:52 AM
Thanks!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
This thread has instructions: http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=596659

THANK YOU ALL ♥♥♥