Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Star Trek: Kirk, Spock, McCoy - the original trio

by MistyBlue Posted 11th Aug 2009 at 11:52 PM - Updated 20th Oct 2009 at 11:28 PM by mistyblue4

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:03 AM
Awesome work as always, I felt like I had a t.v. screen tuned into Star Trek TOS while browsing through your sims photos Really quite impressive!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:08 AM
By George, that's the real McCoy for sure! Brilliant job.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:10 AM
Oh my god, I was just looking for Trek Sims yesterday evening, and lamenting the fact that no one had made any yet. Did you read my mind?

Needless to say, this absolutely made my day.

I can't stop being amazed at how much they look like the real actors! I'm especially impressed by Kirk, as no one can ever seem to capture a good likeness of Shatner. But you sure did!

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:38 AM Last edited by CarolJude : 12th Aug 2009 at 2:40 AM.
Cannot WAIT to try these!!! Yay!

Bummer - Bones has EP content I don't have Well, we'll just have to pretend he went off with Natira in the spaceship planet....
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:54 AM
Oh my gosh, I was looking everywhere for these! Thanks!
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 4:30 AM Last edited by CarolJude : 12th Aug 2009 at 5:41 AM.
OMG, Kirk is beautiful! I pulled his nose in a little and added pointy sideburns (from Genetisims, in case anyone's looking) and WOW!

(haven't moved on to Spock yet. Watch this space....)

Fantastic. A real piece of SHAT!

edit/followup - Weird, the 'eyebags2' and the 'vulcan blush' makeup is showing up with dark 'squiggles' in the under-eye area and a little beauty-mark kind of dealie on the upper left cheekbone, an interesting sort of tribal-tattoo sort of look but I think I'm gonna un-click it for now.

NixNivis's Romulan hair works nicely with him if one raises the face a bit. And the sideburns are built in! Definitely the Spockiest-looking Spock I have (and now I have FOUR!)

These are nice! Wish I could have the complete set!
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 6:05 AM
Super-Secret Ceremonial Vulcan Rave Makeup:
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:38 AM
Wow, awesome job! I love them all, but McCoy is my favourite. He's perfect!

"When it melts, what does snow become?"
"It becomes...spring!" -Fruits Basket
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:28 AM Last edited by mistyblue4 : 12th Aug 2009 at 12:43 PM.
Thank you guys!! I worked hard on these, trying to do them justice, and I'm really happy I pulled it off

CarolJude, I think McCoy's hair might require an EP, but if you use CleanInstaller he should work perfectly fine without it Also, I'm not sure what's up with that make-up, Spock's wearing it on my screenshots and, as you can see, it looks fine. Weird

EDIT: Nope, the hair is base-game...but still, use CleanInstaller and see if it works for you then. Also, I've checked the make-up in my game once again, and every piece of it looks just as it should...so I'm not sure what's the problem. Anyone else having this issue??
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:57 AM
CarolJude, if you used the maxis installer, that often complains about EPs needed when in fact it works perfectly fine if installed with the CleanInstaller.

mistyblue, you did an awesome job! btw, in the German dubbing McCoys nickname is "Pille" (eng. = pill).

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Instructor
#12 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:56 PM
oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
I've waited for someone to make them for so long, and yours are even better than i'd hoped!!!
:D

I'm Luke. Feel free to make a star wars joke.
I’m a poet
And I know it
And I’ll show em,
In this poem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:40 PM Last edited by CarolJude : 12th Aug 2009 at 6:15 PM.
Mac user (resisting urge to type a frowny face at that.)

edit - MAC UNPACK TO THE RESCUE!!! Finally figured out how to work that thing! (Hell I'll do anything to get more Trek in my life. No power in the 'verse can... oh wait. Different 'verse.)

How do my new Sims sing "Reunited and it feels so good" in Simlish? Or Vulcan?

You can't believe how thrilled I am that you did these. Thank you thank you thank you!

- edit - Can't stop praising these! What's an extra thrill is that they can totally work as normal anonymous Sims, just three nice-looking male Sims. I put a Spock into my game, then a non-spock with curly hair who looks like a cute grad student.) Bones is breathtaking, and so nice to have one that doesn't have body tattoos, lol! And my beloved, the awesome JTK... what's fun here is that you can change the hair and, uh, more well-fed, and it's just like real life!
My only problem now is that if I'm not careful I'm going to have a neighborhood made up entirely of clones... maybe I should switch over to Strangetown

Okay, that's it, promise. Except.... MORE! PLEASE! SOON! cough*firefly men*cough
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:12 PM
They're all fantastic likenesses and will soon be wreaking havoc in my SF neighborhood -- or, at least Kirk will be wreaking havoc, I don't know about the other two Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 5:07 PM
At least now TJ Hooker can arrest him and Denny Crane can defend him.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 3:02 AM
Yay! Boston Legal reference!^ lol
These sims rock! Heck, all your sims rock.
I hope you do the rest of them (the TOS guys) someday :D

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 2:32 AM
Where are the Vulcan ears? I can't seem to find them on the page that was linked. These are such epic Sims though. I can't wait to get in game with them!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 5:12 AM
I love these guys, they look awesome. I can't get to the website for Spock's ears either. Oh well, guess he'll just have to have the regular elf ears.
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 10:37 AM
Excellent trio! Thank you so much!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Inventor
#20 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:24 AM
They're not amazing, but they're pretty good. Of course, what can be expected form TS2, it'll never be as good as Shatner, Kelley, and Nimoy. The only really irritation thing is Spock's ears - they bend and they stick out too much. Other than that, nice job.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 5:30 AM
The link you posted goes to a site that doesn't exist anymore. Please repost the mesh. Thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:12 AM
The link for Spock's ears is inaccessible.
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:49 AM
Wonderful - you make fantastic sims - thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:56 PM
Great job, specially Spock!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:56 PM
Great job, specially Spock!!
Page 1 of 2