Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 7:33 PM
Default Help.. How do you make clothes
Hi I am real new at all of this I would really try and make new sims clothes would someone help me step by step and show me how to make sim2 clothes? thanx
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Dec 2004 at 12:48 AM
Open BodyShop, pick Create Parts, pick Start New Project, find the article of clothing you want to edit, press the Export button at the bottom, type a name for your new clothing.

Open Photoshop or another image editing program, go to File, Open and navigate to your My Documents/EA Games/Sims2/Projects/TheNameYouPicked/ and open the bitmap named "body~stdMatBaseTextureName" and edit it how you want it to look.

In Bodyshop, press the circular arrow at the bottom to refresh. If you like it, pick a catagory and press Import. Thats it! Take your sim to the store and purchase your new clothes.

Some image editing skills required.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Dec 2004 at 12:53 AM
There is a very good basic tutorial for how to use BodyShop for making clothing, genetics, eyes and hair on the official Sims Site. IF you look under help there they various tutorials on many things and they have the Prima Book for Bodyshop - which is what you want - there for download

Some of the fansite also have step by step tutorials for skinning including using how to use alpha channels for texture and shadowing on clothing.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Dec 2004 at 1:33 AM
I agree with Rente, I did that and then I just fooled wiht it afterwards and bunch of goodies popped out. Haha! It also gives which images are for what.