Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 7:08 PM
Default Problem with a nude skin I downloaded
Hello everybody.
I'm new here, and I got to say congratulations to all the skinners/modders/builders, etc. Fantastic job.

I've got a problem with some nude female skins I downloaded from EroSims (http://erosims.webcindario.com/)

I don't know of it's allowed to post about other sites or stuff from other sites... So, sorry if it's not... But I searched and I couldn't find any help related to those skins themselves, or similar problems with other skins. And the creator (and the website) is spanish (very difficult to ask him, he doesn't know good english).

So the main problem is this.
First of all, the skins are programmed as "underwear".
When I "wear" the skin on my sims (in bodyshop or in the game itself), the skin (details and stuff) show alright, but it seems that the alpha map is that of a bikini, resulting in annoying alpha "transition" lines at the bikini area, tummy, and around the chest and back. I don't know how to upload a pic here... I hope you get the picture. It's like they're wearing "jelatine" underwear.

The funny thing is that the preview pics at this web-site, show those skins in normal condition. That made me think that I'm doing something wrong.

And the minor problem is:
I want to make those skins to replace the default nude skin, and not have them being underwear.

I'm not a complete newbie so some simple guidelines on what I should do and what tools I'll need will suffice. I'll try to figure the rest out myself. If not, I'll post again

Thanks for reading.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 7:39 PM
Dump those skins and get some proper nude skins instead. There's no way you can make them default skins since they're not genetic skins, just clothes.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 7:45 PM
While those 'nudes' are of, in some cases, people the fact that they are clothes makes them less than suitable. Allan's nudes are good I got them all for my game and cleaned out a lot of junk I wasn't using. He has said he'll make some of them defaults. I do hope though that he does do a decent alien default - the one I have isn't bad but it could do with some improvement and Allan's nudes would work great (if he'd do one for that skintone).
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Allan Akbar
Dump those skins and get some proper nude skins instead. There's no way you can make them default skins since they're not genetic skins, just clothes.

I'm in search of better default skins. I've downloaded a set, the light is fine, but the tan, med and dark are without hair. I would like to know where one can find better defaults.