Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 8:57 PM
How do you edit an alpha?
Hello,

I need some help with body shop,particulary with editing the alpha evertime I do,after I save it the I go back to bodyshop reload it and its the set of clothing I modeled it off of.

Thanks.

/ScientificXxX
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 9:10 PM
Where the alpha's white, you'll get your texture showing up fully. Where the alpha's black, you'll get no texture - either skin, or nothing, depending on how the mesh is set up. Shades of grey give translucency. You can't change the overall shape of the mesh with the alpha - just the way the textures are applied to it. You can make the -appearance- of a shape change by shortening/lengthening sleeves on a skintight mesh, or if you have an "alpha skirt" type mesh you can change it from a short to long skirt by changing the alpha, but the shape is always the same.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 4:13 AM
tx,I'll work on that!
btw,I managed to make some shirts and want to upload them here,however,how do you put the files into one file?
(Sorry if I shoulden't be posting this here just diden't know where to start a thread!)

/ScientificXxX
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 2:32 PM
The Body Shop Creator Guidelines are here: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...lines/Body_Shop

Tells you everything you need to do to upload them here.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 4:27 AM
thanks again!

/ScientificXxX