Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:56 PM
Simple Hair Creation Tutorial (Begginers)
Simple Hair Creation Tutorial (Beginners)
By $RaMRoM$

there is a download in MSWord format and its with pictures.

Your Milk Shape Trial is over? You still want to create hair? You don’t have the needed programs?
---------------------------------------------------------
The easiest way to create hair meshes
---------------------------------------------------------
You Need:
1. BodyShop “It comes with the ”
2. An image editor “You don’t need Photoshop or something MS Paint is enough.”
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Open BodyShop then choose Create Parts.

2. Start New projects.

3. Create genetics

4. Choose the Hair Icon: then choose blond then this hair:

5. Click “Export Selected texture”:
6. Then Name it “Tutorial Hair” and accept it to export it:

7. when this page comes… minimize it.

8. Open “My Documents” Then “EA Games” “The Sims2” “Projects” “Tutorial Hair”
9. Its time to learn something if you find a file in there you will notice it begins with “af” or “ef” or “cf” these stands for: Adult Female and so on for elder, child or whatever.
10. In this tutorial I will only modify the adults hair so find each of them that begins with “af” and ends with “alpha” (sometimes its “alpha5” or stuff but whatever).
11. When you find them go to your desktop and create a file and call it “TutorialHair” and copy to it the alpha files there should be three:

12. Open the first one and edit it:

13. Read instructions on picture:

14.Cut it and make a hair style ill show you some examples:
15. We will take the third

16.when you choose the sample press Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C then save and open the other alpha and then press Ctrl+V and it will directly change to the first one!
17. Do that with the third and you are done!
18. Cut the files and go back to the area “step 8”and paste then choose yes to all.
19. close everything except bodyshop and click the refresh butten and……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… TA DA!

NOTE: refresh button:

20. Enter tool tip where it says “enter tool tip here” above and import it to the game and have fun in using it

THE END
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This tutorial is made by me $RaMRoM$
Please rate and make a post.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SimpleHairCreation021807$RaMRoM$.zip (2.53 MB, 37 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:08 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 18th Feb 2007 at 7:16 PM.
This was posted in the Body Shop Meshing forum. This is not a meshing tutorial.

This also uses MS Paint - we absolutely do not recommend people use MS Paint. We have tutorials using free programs that can be used for recolouring. MS Paint is not a graphics editing program. It's a toy that plays with pixels.

We have tutorials, both by Faylen and Vashti, that explain how to change alphas to do different cutouts. While they do not relate to hair, I would not tend to introduce beginning skinners to recolouring using hair - the complexity of dealing with multiple alpha and texture files is usually more than one needs to deal with when starting off on hair.

I would recommend to beginners wanting to do "haircuts" like this to go through and do the clothing tutorials first... Do them in order, get to the one about alpha changes, then try recolouring hair to get used to the different way the layers are done (Faylen has a tutorial on it for Photoshop but by the time you do the clothing tutorials you should be able to look at her instructions and translate them to any program), then try some alpha changes to do a haircut... in a program other than MS Paint that can handle multiple brushes, layers, and opacities.

I appreciate you wanting to help, but I would not recommend people do it with the tools you're advising.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.