Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 5:12 PM Last edited by aberry5000 : 13th Jan 2007 at 6:16 PM.
updateing help. has got imgs to help.
i would like to update a recolour i have done but i need your help.

could some one tell me asap?
many thanks.
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 3:41 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 16th Jan 2007 at 3:58 AM.
Neither, do not touch or change anything in your PROJECTS folder besides the graphics themselves. Except if you want to clean things up and then just delete everything. (but be sure your graphics are all some place safe, for my complex edits I actually save my photoshop files on another part of my drive)

When you are all done making your recolor, and you hit IMPORT from inside bodyshop, then a new file will appear in your SAVED SIMS folder. *That* is your recolor file that you can share with the world if you wish. It will be named something like:
12343212-yourprojectname.package

I usually view my saved sims folder and sort 'by date' to find my newest recolor.
You can (and should) rename the file to a better name, that has something like your initials or nickname and info about the recolor... like

f-red-fliphair(or whatever good name for it)-aberry.package

for example. The more clear your filename is (f for female, color, then the description) the better. Like if it was a recolor of a xmsims hair I suggest something like f-red-xmsims005-aberry.package (for instance)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 1:24 PM
thank you so much!