Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:12 PM
MTS2 is the best. I always hate when I see good stuff in pictures and then find out that it's pay. If I gave in to all the pay sites, I'd be totally broke. You guys have the coolest free stuff better. Even The Sims 2.com must bow to you, and those people made the whole game!

Thanks for keeping it free for poor me<3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:12 PM
I support MST2 and keeping it free!
Test Subject
#53 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:15 PM
I totally agree and I enjoy coming here Thanks
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:15 PM
wow great speech, well say Delphy, MTS has given me the tools and everything that make me love the sims, so thanks to all
Instructor
#55 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:15 PM
Sounds great.
I look forward to the new year!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Test Subject
#56 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:16 PM
ill never understand why there are paysites....its justa mesh or some custom object, whereas MTS2 gives you all that an more for a one low price of $0. :-D i love this site, it's like getting expansion packs for free! I have over 600 custom objects/clothes/etc from this site, and it has prolonged my Sims 2 experience. I would have stopped playing it long ago if it weren't for this site.
Alchemist
#57 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:17 PM
Delphy is quite modest about his own contributions. Until he figured it out, we didn't know what any meshes looked like except when we saw them textured inside the game or BodyShop. He wrote the first plugin for SimPE that could extract a mesh (even if it was without bones) and write it to an external file in a format (.obj) that could be loaded into most 3D programs.

That triggered an avalanche that now has meshes being able to be displayed, with texture, right inside SimPE, and fully animated objects, hair and clothing being created from scratch. Delphy gave many people who run their own sites (free and pay) a starting space to display their creations and make a name for themselves. MTS2 essentially bootstrapped Sims2 modding by creating a place to share technical information (including the wiki) with others, and learn of new discoveries.

There is still a lot to be learned. I have a few additions I recently discovered on the mesh format I am working on writing up to add to the wiki. I encourage others that have figured out an answer on their own to "seek immortality" by writing their discovery up and posting it in the wiki. You'll be World Famous!

I know there are people that visit here who would help get your writeup on the wiki if you can't manage to figure out doing it yourself (it is a different sort of creature from the forums here). So let's just "Get 'R Done".

And a great 2007 to all of you.

<* Wes *>
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:18 PM
wonderful speech *raises glass* to mod the sims 2 in 2007!

-------- Get out alive ------------
-----------If i go i can only hope.....-------------
---------------..........I'll make to the other side-----
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:19 PM
This is why I love this site. I am so inspired and it makes me want to
learn how to make things. Thanks to all the creators and everyone who
makes things happen in our game. Very Much appreciated!!!!
What just happend?
retired moderator
#60 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:21 PM
First off, MtthwTorrs, You do NOT have to donate, that's the whole point of this site.

Secondly, Delphy, it's a good job I have not got a web cam and this is a "see them" forum because you would have been able to see the tears (only tiny ones) as I read your post, so moving. (God, I'm 54 years old. Pull yourself together man!) This site is the only one I subscibe to (cash wise) ("cos yer worth it." He He) My meshing skills are alot Lower than yours, in fact, they are nonexistent. So, I limit myself to, helping others, where I can and downloading.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. To you and all the staff.
All my VERY BEST wishes for 2007. Keep up the good work.
Gareth.

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:22 PM
It is truly amazing this thing called The Sims Community. It is so awsome that people from all over the world have come together to create, share, teach or play. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose life has been changed through The Sims, in more ways than one. Not only have I been a download addict but also a creator because I wanted to give a little back. I have even made some life long friends that I treasure through the community, it's just amazing.
Thank you to everyone who makes up this community!

~Roxanne

SIMcredible's Painter
Test Subject
#62 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:23 PM
MTS2 thank you for everything you do
I love this site !!
and I wish a happy new year to the MTS2 staff
I hope all your dreams come true...

and sorry for my bad english ! ^^
Instructor
#63 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:23 PM
Wow! Helluva speech Delph! Good on you, good on us, Good on Everyone!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:24 PM
What a speech! I agree 100% with it. I just would like to mention also Inge Jones, Christianlov, James (SimWardrobe), LizzLove and Monique, and thank them all for their creations and the time they dedicate to the community.
Test Subject
#65 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:24 PM
I am kinda new to MOD the sims 2. How ever i do know a thing or to about modding community's ( check the NAME ! ). and i hope what your aiming for will come to you with a slight and gentle breeze. and good luck. I find any communtiy willing to stay a "REAL" ( read: Digitized ) communtiy worthy of my support, espaicly if they have cool stuff to offer.

"Sims 2 even for a bloke, hard to resist"
Donation count: $5.01 and counting.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:26 PM
Beautiful! I'm truely amazed with this community. From day one i've felt welcome.. And thats a very rare thing for me. Also, the help forums and chats are amazing, i'd like to take time out to thank them termendiously! They've given me SO much help the past few months... Heh, i suck at computer stuff. Anyway, Thank you Delphy for making this website what it is today! Other sims sites should take example! *^^*
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#67 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:27 PM Last edited by porkypine : 8th Jan 2007 at 10:06 PM.
Well said Delphy!

MTS2, MATY and INSIM have been my favorite sites since I discovered Sims2 a year ago. I'm having fun learning how to create content and I could not have done it without all you guys sharing your tutorials, hacks and mods.

Of course, I started out downloading stuff but wanted to learn how to make my own stuff - and now I am learning and hope to be able to put out quality meshes for those who'd like them. :0).

Once I finally get the hang of what I'm doing and work the bugs out, I'd like to upload some of my revisions of and additions to tutorials that are already here - where I've clarified things for myself and probably others and put in some missing steps, etc.. And, of course, upload my new 'non-exploding' meshes to share.

One thing I'd like to say to all the creators who share their content here. Now that I'm learning how to make meshes, I find that it is very tedious, time comsuming and detail oriented. My respect for you guys only goes up. AND, the fact that you freely share the results make you guys top of the line. :0)

Instructor
#68 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:28 PM
That's quite a motivating speech. Our community wants more for the future, but we never take a minute to look back in the past.

Without these wonderful creations, I'd still be using Maxis-made skins and clothes.
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:29 PM
This is a owesome site and I love it, thanks everyone for makieng the sims2 a Great game to play, thanks for all your work, You all are the best. 2007 and the best site ever.
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:30 PM
Usually I don`t like "speechs", but this one I read until the end, in spite of, sometimes, need my Webster, to look for one or another word.
You are so right!
All thanks are never enough to measure the delight that those fantastic people gave to us in those "Sims Years".
Greetings to all !
Test Subject
#71 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:30 PM
Why am I French? So I understood the main thing, I think. ^o^

LONGUE VIE A MTS2!!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:31 PM Last edited by Pontiac1979 : 8th Jan 2007 at 8:33 PM. Reason: speling
What an excellent essay on the need for free sites, and a tribute to those who have inspired me and others to modify and create. Their individual stories would probably make a great coffee table book on the phenomena that is Sims 2.
Your Sims 2 site has stirred my creative juices and poured forth an elixir of information to aid me, as well. Three cheer's to MTS2 -- I am happy to subscribe to your fine site!
Scholar
#73 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:32 PM
I agree with everyone else. Your speech, Delphy is very good. I have learned alot from here, from the best modders, or tutorials on programs. This has been the first sight I seen since I started Sims 2.

From here now, I still hope to create better items, even if it's recolor and learn how to do Meshing in my spare time for everyone to enjoy [even though my meshing skills is down at a worm level o.o;].

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#74 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:33 PM
When I said I "had the meshing abilities of a small badger" I may have been over exagerating a lot...

GOC is right - donations are appreciated, but this is not what this mission statement is about. I didn't really want to turn it into a "hey, donate to us!" thread, becuase that wouldn't feel right.

Just take away from this thread a sense of community and of how we can all help to further it's development.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:33 PM
Default Beautifully said!
Offering my own small thanks to everyone connected with MTS2 for their hard work and sharing of their many talents. It takes a great effort of team-
work as well as dedication. Yet, it's the Sharing that makes it special to so many. To offer a 'thank you' seems small for what all of you do. . . .

... and so instead I wish to say: Thank You For Being You!

Shendi
Page 3 of 47