Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 8:43 PM Last edited by reniusa : 10th Nov 2006 at 1:39 PM.
Default Texture placement issues, stretching and blurriness
Hi, it's me again.

Now that I have the mesh working (yay!), I'm having issues with the texture. It's stretched out, not following the map correctly at all.

Also, it seems to blur a bit when I'm creating in Photoshop.

Can someone please have a look-see? Hopefully it is something minor.

Thanks,
Reni
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 11:06 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 1st Dec 2006 at 1:38 PM. Reason: removed attachment
Alrighty, here we go.

I've fixed your object to the way you want it I believe. First off, I think your package may have been a little diferent from the one you have pictures and uv maps of, but I've updated them

I re-exported your OBJ file to create different group subsets. This makes it possible to texture each item seperately so that "bleeding" doesn't occur. An example of this was your texture on your door handles. The grey would be mapped on the wood part of the cabinet behind the handle. The more subsets you create, the better your texture will likely be. Remember, if a part is to have the same texture as another, you can map it over each other.

I've included all new OBJ files I created. One has no UV coords, one has the UV coords, and one has the UV coords and is regrouped to import back into SimPe. Everything is in the package file.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 11:29 PM
You seriously rock.

So the mapping was the problem. I guess in the future I can select the 'pieces' and create their own groups. And create a subset for each piece...if I'm understanding correctly.

I was beginning to think my cupboard was a lost cause. Thanks so much!

-Reni
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: problem solved