Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#76 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 11:01 PM
Default Chapter 10: Make Your Move (Part 1)

-----------

Serena’s memories were still a little blurry, so Chaste spent most of the night explaining recent events to her. He told her what happened to Helena and how he helped her escape, and he also told her about his plan to leave the country. Serena tried to take in everything he told her but it was all a bit too overwhelming. Chaste then decided to take her back to the cabin, and he knew Helena would be overjoyed when she saw her.

------
*From Helena’s point of view*

I was pulled out of my sleep by the sound of a car driving up outside. Fearing that it might be them, I almost immediately jumped out of bed. But I soon reassured myself that I had nothing to be afraid of. I could hear that familiar voice coming from outside as I walked down the stairs.

“Helena!” Serena shouted as she ran towards me and embraced me in a warm hug. I hadn’t seen her in so long so I didn’t know what to say or do; all I could do was hug her back.

“Ok ladies we need to talk and we don’t have much time.” Chaste instructed us to sit at the table, and we waited intently to hear what he had to say.

“Helena I’m sure you know they’re still looking for you, and once they realize Serena isn’t in the hospital anymore, they’ll be looking for her too. We have no other choice but to leave if we want to live. We had a plan to stop them, and I know you both don’t want to just give up on that. Lia has decided to stay and continue to gather more members, so our hopes won’t be completely lost. A friend of mine has a large boat on the other side of town, and he’s willing to take us to Europe. It’ll be a long and difficult journey, but I know we can make it. We’ll be leaving tonight.”

Serena and I were speechless, but for once my mind wasn’t racing with questions. We have been fighting for so long, and now I was ready to leave this place for good.

After a long moment of silence, Serena spoke. “…Won’t they notice us getting on the boat and leaving?”

“Of Course,” Chaste replied. “We can’t just walk on there and leave without them stopping us; we’ll have to be covert. The boat is full of produce that needs to be exported, so once we’re able to get in we should be ok, but it’ll be difficult.”

Serena and I began to grow nervous, so Chaste gave us a slight smile to ease our spirits.

We quickly packed as many necessities as we could find, but we didn’t bring much since there wasn’t really anything useful in this abandoned cabin. After putting our bags in Chaste’s car, we left the cabin and drove down a seemingly endless road.

Serena slept as Chaste drove, and I stared out of the window, looking at the darkness that surrounded us constantly. Will we be able to make it out of here? We’ve been fighting and running for so long…I just want to go home. I want to be able to live again…

Being caught up in my thoughts I failed to notice Chaste stopping the car. We parked on a hill surrounded by trees; the boating dock could be seen a few yards away.

“Ok, we need to get down there without anyone seeing us. My friend made sure the entrance to his boat was left open and unsecured, so once the three of us make it there, we’ll be safe.”

Chaste hugged Serena and I one last time before we made our way towards the boat. We grabbed our bags and rushed towards the dock, and I noticed the sun beginning to rise, so I knew we didn’t have much time. The voices of men could be heard even from our distance, so we were extremely careful about making too much noise.

As we got closer to the boat I realized that we would actually be able to make it out of this country, we would be able to be free, to finally do whatever we want. I couldn’t help but become ecstatic.

“The boat is right over there, we’re almost there!” Chaste whispered, I could tell he was just as excited as I was. He and Serena began to run towards the boat, and I ran close behind them.

But then, the worst happened. A tall figure appeared before me in the darkness, separating me from Chaste and Serena. “Where do you think you’re going miss?”

I looked up and tried to recognize the man in front of me. As he came into view I could finally see his face…and his uniform.

“It’s you, you’re that girl that got away!”

“Oh my god no…”
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 1:52 AM
Oh crap. Whack him in the head with your suitcase, Helena!

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
#78 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 6:32 AM
hot dang!!! RUN HELENA RUN!!
Original Poster
#79 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:07 PM
You all are too funny!

Thanks for commenting
Theorist
#80 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 4:03 PM
....Drown Him helena.. DROWN THE EVIL MAN!
:D

Loved the update

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#81 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
....Drown Him helena.. DROWN THE EVIL MAN!
:D

Loved the update

Haha, this is so funny! Good idea! Wonderful update!
#82 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 6:37 PM
Love your story! It's amazing! Well done!
Original Poster
#83 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 7:48 PM
Default Chapter 10: Make Your Move (Part 2)

----

I was so close to freedom, the boat that would take me away from all this was only a few yards away…Chaste and Serena hadn’t realized that I wasn’t following them until they were standing on the boat deck. They didn’t know what would happen next, and neither did I.

“You’re not going anywhere this time, and to think you almost got away, haha!” The man laughed devilishly, pulling something from behind him and pointing it towards me; it was a gun.

I was startled when he pushed the gun towards me, threatening to shoot me if I made any sudden movements. But this time, I didn’t feel frightened. This would be the one and only chance for me to leave this country, and I wasn’t going to let him or his gun stop me.

Once Chaste and Serena realized that I wasn’t with them, I could hear their voices yelling for the man to let me go. The boat was departing from the dock, and it would leave whether or not I was able to make it on board. “Helena hurry!! Let her go!” Serena’s voice echoed through the air as she screamed and shouted.

The man began to step closer towards me, and he kept his gun pointed directly at me. I had to make my move now, there was no way I was just going to let them capture me again.

I quickly grabbed a handful of dirt and threw it in the man’s face. As he shouted and struggled to remove it from his eyes and mouth, I ran as fast I as could towards the boat.

As I ran a smiled crossed my face. I didn’t think it would be that easy to get away from him, I thought to myself. But when I looked over at Chaste and Serena, they didn’t seem happy.

“Helena, watch out!” Chaste yelled with a terrified expression. Suddenly an exploding sound pierced my ears, and I felt a burning sensation in my back that quickly took over my entire body.

“Helena!!!!!!” I could hear their muffled voices shouting over and over, I wanted to move but my body laid paralyzed on the ground. Eventually their voices drifted away, and I was all alone, in complete darkness. The pain in my body was so intense that I felt like I was on fire, but I could feel the moistness of my blood leaving my body and soaking the ground around me. It was comforting.

Eventually everything seemed to disappear…all the pain, everything that I thought mattered, it all just went away. It felt like a ton of bricks were literally lifted off of my torn and battered body. I had always imagined what death might be like…it actually feels good. I felt separated from my body, it was almost like I was floating above it, watching the man take away my empty corpse to do who-knows-what with it. But I didn’t care. I felt free, which was all I ever wanted.

The boat sailed away with only Serena and Chaste. I watched them mourn, but I wished I could tell them not too. They should be happy; we were finally free from them, all three of us. And that’s all that mattered.

-----
#84 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 5:03 PM
Noo! I just got done reading this from the beginning... can't wait to see what the epilogue will have.
Original Poster
#85 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 5:04 PM
Thanks for reading, and commenting Sorry about the sad ending lol but the epilogue will be posted soon.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 7:24 PM
Oh my god, I loved this story. The ending was almost perfect. Sad, poignant yet true everyone was free except Lia....

Fantastic work...

Be true to yourself, only your opinion of yourself truly counts.

Darkie
#87 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 10:00 PM
=( I guess Helena's not running any more. I hope the Epilogue will give us closure over this tragedy. I really wished she hadn't died.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 1:22 AM
aww I thought she was really going to escape
Stupid THEMS!!!! Killing poor Helena!!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Original Poster
#89 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 3:01 PM
I'm so sorry for not updating yet, this has been a busy month for me (plus I'm a procrastinator :hmm: ). I will try my best to update this weekend, I really want to wrap up this story and tie up all the loose ends. Thank you all again for commenting and reading my story! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 4:54 AM
what an interesting and great Story Novemberlove...i just finished reading the whole thing..I'm shocked its almost over already.....can wait to read your epilogue...
Original Poster
#91 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 6:47 PM
Default Epilogue

----

Dearest Lia,

It’s been almost 2 years since we last spoke, and I was very shocked when I received your letter in the mail a few days ago. When I the news reported that “they” no longer had control over your country, and that a new government was being developed, I was wonderfully surprised, and elated. But honestly, I wasn’t sure that you were still living to see this news. I’m so glad you’re safe now.

Chaste and I have been living in England since our escape, and I’m not sure if you know this but…Helena was not able to escape with us. She was murdered by "them", and where her body is being held is still unknown to me. It was very painful for me to watch them kill her, and to not be able to do a thing about it. I wish I could’ve at least been able to give her a decent funeral…but now her soul will never be at rest.

When I first met Helena, she told me many things about her family. As you know, she was taken away from her parents. One of the things she asked me to do was to find them, and I swore to her that I would. So a few months ago I searched for any records of their existence, and unbelievably, they were still living right here in England!

As soon as I found an address, I rushed to their home. Meeting them was such a bittersweet moment. I was very happy that they were still alive, but telling them that their missing daughter was now dead was going to be heartbreaking. Helena’s mother answered the door when I arrived, and it was apparent that she had aged greatly. I also immediately noticed sadness in her eyes….the look of a mother missing her child. After all of these years she was still going through tremendous pain. It broke my heart to know that she would be hurt even more after speaking with me.

After introducing myself and being invited inside her home, I explained our story to her in as much detail as I could. From the moment I met Helena to her death, I left out nothing. She remained silent as I spoke, but soon burst into tears at the realization of what had happened to Helena. I was not able to meet Helena’s father, I was informed that her husband has passed away a few years after Helena was taken from them. He couldn’t deal with the loss of his only daughter, and now she was completely alone…

I attempted to comfort her, but soon had to return to my own apartment. The sadness I felt that day was unbearable. Helena became like a sister to me, she deserved to live and be happy. She went through so much for us, for her family. Sometimes I blame myself for getting her into all of this…maybe if she never met me she would still be alive today. But let’s change the subject, It does no good to think negatively, plus my daughter hates to see me like this.

Yes Lia, Chaste and I have a daughter! Her name is Claire. She recently turned two years old, and she’s a wonderful child. I've told her our story, and she even calls us her “Heroes”. She is such a beautiful, sweet little girl. I like to think that Helena watches over her, over all of us. Protecting us and keeping us safe. Well, I hope that we'll meet again soon, that would make Chaste and I extremely happy. But until then, I’ve included a picture of us; You are always in our thoughts, and I wish you the best of luck with your new beginning.

Sincerely,

Chaste & Serena Sullivan

-----------

Well, that's it! I really enjoyed writing this story, and I'm actually sad to see it come to an end. Thank you for reading!

-Novemberlove

-----------
#92 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 9:01 PM
Great closure, novemberlove! I love that it was a peaceful yet bittersweet ending. And their daughter Claire is gorgeous, although I wished they had named it after Helena. Stil, it's nice to see them happy together.
#93 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 9:53 PM
wow, great story and a truly bittersweet ending. you definatly feel a sense of closure. thank you for sharing!
Original Poster
#94 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GiipsySimKittyn
Great closure, novemberlove! I love that it was a peaceful yet bittersweet ending. And their daughter Claire is gorgeous, although I wished they had named it after Helena. Stil, it's nice to see them happy together.

Thank you! I really wanted to name her Helena too, but I though it might be too "cheesy" to some Plus, I imagined Serena being sad everytime she hears her daughter's name, because it would remind her of Helena's death
#95 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:10 AM
very true novemberlove! I hadn't thought of it that way...but Claire is a beautiful name for their daughter, and I'm happy that atleast they have eachother.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 3:21 AM
great ending....
Page 4 of 4