Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I’m incredibly surprised that gray icons actually persuaded people to purchase packs. It’s not on the menu and literally don’t see it for more than a moment.

This. You just see it at the main loading screen for a mere second. Its not like in TS3 when they put the items that we do not own in catalogs, all sparkly and shit. Now that's both bullshit and balsy.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 3:06 AM
When you filter content by packs during CAS and build mode, greyed out icons appear there too, it's much worse if your missing a World, it appears every travel menu, but with a big Padlock over it
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
When you filter content by packs during CAS and build mode, greyed out icons appear there too, it's much worse if your missing a World, it appears every travel menu, but with a big Padlock over it

Shameless. I don't think I'm going to purchase anything else from EA... It's really hard to want to support this sort of company. I hated it in TS3 but there was at least a good, enjoyable game behind it... Now, everything is being sold in bits and pieces and being wagged in your face.
Instructor
#54 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rasubelly
Also, I'm not sure anymore that we would see any positive changes at all. I remember them saying at the beginning of the Sims 4 cycle that they would probably not bother making a Sims 5 if Sims 4 wasn't a success, so my guess is if the Sims 4 would really do not well, they would try to further tighten the budget, milk what's left, and then just leave it dying.

Fair point, that. I suppose our best hope would be that another studio would take over the franchise or else make their own contender. But even that may not pan out. I mean, in the wider gaming circles the Sims series is still referred to as the "toilet game" or if they're feeling generous, "that dollhouse simulator." It doesn't help that EAxis keeps making insultingly stupid decisions. Cringe-worthy, pop-culture referencing advertisements don't assist, either.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#55 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aa74ever
Shameless. I don't think I'm going to purchase anything else from EA... It's really hard to want to support this sort of company. I hated it in TS3 but there was at least a good, enjoyable game behind it... Now, everything is being sold in bits and pieces and being wagged in your face.

I will continue to purchase Packs, along as it not assiocated with an EP, and actual time and effort is put into it, Laundry Day is solid and worthwhile, it could of been better, but at least some time was put into that.

As for SP14, What are we missing besides a boring hamster tied to the cage, because almost all the other content is simply recolors of existing base game and D&C content, nothing you can't achieve yourself with S4Studio, or find on the web.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 6:35 AM Last edited by HarVee : 16th Mar 2018 at 7:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Back in the day of Sims 2 we had Pescado fixing critical errors, to the point where Maxis snagged some of them as is. LOL

Back in The Sims 2 days we had a nice balance between cartoon and realistic aesthetics. Back in The Sims 2 days we had meshes that were made of more than 300 vertices. Back in The Sims 2 days we had Expansion packs and even Stuff Packs that were complete and didn't need a 2.0 add-on released 5 months later.

But this pack, and the collective whole of The Sims 4 era... now what even is this? A scrambled mess of underwhelming simplified game play, 2.0 add-on of a full EP introducing features that should've been in the respective pack it's an add-on to, paired with textures and meshes that look like they belong in a 1999 Nintendo 64 video game. Maxis was once a decent developer with interesting ideas, but they've been reduced to vomiting up this garbage because of bad corporate management and executive greed over the course of the last ten years.

I would gladly exchange what we have now for the sum of what we had with The Sims 2, even if that meant community fixes would need to be made to correct a few developer bugs.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#57 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 3:21 PM
Banned
#58 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 4:56 PM
got the pack yesterday. i dont see anything new, more than some special lots pop out to me to be placed. (a restaurant and a spa) witch i guess they are not part of this DLC.
other than that i did not check out the new objects. but yes EA is pushing the DLC limits. when we all stop purchasing DLC over DLC cause they are splitting the packs in half, they will return to their senses.
plus i was hoping sims 3 would be like sims 2 + all the expansions and stuff packs from the get go. but no S3 and S4 each version goes base game and then you need to wait for the expansions and stuff packs come out over and over... so fun! and expensive!
Theorist
#59 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olc
but yes EA is pushing the DLC limits. when we all stop purchasing DLC over DLC cause they are splitting the packs in half, they will return to their senses.

Says the person who just fucking bought the pack...
Field Researcher
#60 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6kxt2CODu...5C3%25B3n+1.jpg

Left TS2. Right TS3.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rHO7244WnMk/maxresdefault.jpg

TS4

When hamsters in the 14 year old game looks better than in TS4.
Instructor
#61 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 9:33 PM
got the pack yesterday. but yes EA is pushing the DLC limits. when we all stop purchasing DLC over DLC cause they are splitting the packs in half, they will return to their senses.

Be honest with me. If I told you not to jump into a vat of acid, you would still do it, wouldn't you?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#62 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 10:17 PM
Some of us never started purchasing DLC over DLC. I don't see how buying it would help EA "return to their senses"'.
Instructor
#63 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 10:19 PM
Mad Poster
#64 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 11:58 PM
got the pack yesterday. i dont see anything new, more than some special lots pop out to me to be placed. (a restaurant and a spa) witch i guess they are not part of this DLC.
other than that i did not check out the new objects. but yes EA is pushing the DLC limits. when we all stop purchasing DLC over DLC cause they are splitting the packs in half, they will return to their senses.
plus i was hoping sims 3 would be like sims 2 + all the expansions and stuff packs from the get go. but no S3 and S4 each version goes base game and then you need to wait for the expansions and stuff packs come out over and over... so fun! and expensive!

Why I ask why you are telling us not to purchase DLC for DLC after purchasing DLC for DLC? After endless waves of negative publicity for the pack? After the obvious cash grabbing EA attempted to do to players? I am so confused by your message.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#65 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:42 AM
Honestly I felt offended by the release of this pack. Like, I don't even mind if C&D would be postponed to March 2018 so they can get stuffs and new death included. But this... this is just insulting.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:25 AM Last edited by HarVee : 17th Mar 2018 at 6:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Liza

Left TS2. Right TS3.

TS4

Even the cage and wheel look the best in The Sims 2. Much more smoother. It's like with every game the meshes just get worse. How much worse could they get with a hypothetical The Sims 5? 60 vertices of block-like incomprehensibility? Some shit akin to that of Minecraft?

We have the technology to render 3000 polygon sofas and 7000 poly trees. Gone are the days when those numbers were consider "high poly". Yet Maxis keeps taking shortcuts that cheapen the experience instead of pushing the hardware a bit and making a beautiful looking game environment that helps to aid in immersion and sense of belief.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Banned
#67 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:14 AM Last edited by olc : 17th Mar 2018 at 8:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Even the cage and wheel look the best in The Sims 2. Much more smoother. It's like with every game the meshes just get worse. How much worse could they get with a hypothetical The Sims 5? 60 vertices of block-like incomprehensibility? Some shit akin to that of Minecraft?

We have the technology to render 3000 polygon sofas and 7000 poly trees. Gone are the days when those numbers were consider "high poly". Yet Maxis keeps taking shortcuts that cheapen the experience instead of pushing the hardware a bit and making a beautiful looking game environment that aids in immersion and sense of belief.

you found the exact word. "AIDS" not as in assist, as in aids for your eyes.
this is how sims 5 will look. with the new AIDS graphical engine. if you want extra pixels you need to purchase the sims 5: eye cancer. it only costs 75 bucks and it adds 25% of more pixelation to enhace the AIDS engine.
Instructor
#68 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 12:15 PM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 19th Mar 2018 at 4:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
No, but seriously, I wouldn't even pay ten cents for the main feature of the pack to come out looking like this:

That is fucking shameful.

When I was taking 3D game design and animation I would have failed for turning in a model that looked like that.

This used to be a AAA game franchise. Get your shit together.

...that isn't what rat mouths look like that's what a closet monsters mouth looks like.

edit: to the person who disagreed...I've had pet rats that seriously is NOT what a rats mouth looks like. I'm sorry but you fail at basic rat biology if you think otherwise. Look I'll show you.
https://www.deviantart.com/art/Robi...y-rat-173689586 This is what a rats mouth looks like.
https://www.deviantart.com/art/Arka...y-rat-171268165 This is what a rats bite looks like.
https://www.deviantart.com/art/Lohe...y-rat-175220403 This is what a rats teeth look like.
I'm sorry, but if you don't know anything about an animal don't pretend you do just so you can disagree with me You are spreading needless misinformation about an already demonized creature.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza

Left TS2. Right TS3.

TS4

Oh the good old days when hamsters still had hair and didn't look like they were made out of plastic.
Inventor
#70 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
Oh the good old days when hamsters still had hair and didn't look like they were made out of plastic.

That's what I was discussing the other day. Regardless of whether you like TS4's art style or not, it is important to admit the shortcomings of its graphics, particularly the low poly meshes and plain/low frequency textures. Wood doesn't look like wood, it looks like plastic. Fur doesn't look like fur, it looks like plastic. Grass doesn't look like grass, it looks like paint/plastic. This is an undeniable fact. They're creating the most lazy textures I've seen in a videogame this decade.
Even highly stylized games like Disney Infinity (2013) and WoW (2004) have better textures/material than TS4. Heck, The Sims FreePlay has better textures:
Theorist
#71 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
That's what I was discussing the other day. Regardless of whether you like TS4's art style or not, it is important to admit the shortcomings of its graphics, particularly the low poly meshes and plain/low frequency textures. Wood doesn't look like wood, it looks like plastic. Fur doesn't look like fur, it looks like plastic. Grass doesn't look like grass, it looks like paint/plastic. This is an undeniable fact. They're creating the most lazy textures I've seen in a videogame this decade.
Even highly stylized games like Disney Infinity (2013) and WoW (2004) have better textures/material than TS4. Heck, The Sims FreePlay has better textures:

If we lose as much polygon and texture quality from 4->5 as we did from 3->4 Sims 5 is gonna look like Unturned

But at least that game is free to play with an optional $5 premium account. Not upwards of $450
Scholar
#72 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:27 AM
I haven't been on here for months. They released Pets expansion pack and then a Pets Stuff gamepack? lmao that's amazing. And so ballsy. Didn't think they'd top off the greenhouse store lot after releasing Sims 3's Seasons but here we are.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Page 3 of 3