Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 5:57 PM
Default Odd mouse behavior (Mac)
I’ve been playing Sims 1 - 4 on PCs. We just got a brand new Mac w great graphics, so I decided to try TS4 out. (One thing I love about origin– cross platform!)

Anyway, everything is fine when I first boot up and play. I use a 2 button mouse w a scroll bar. It works just like it does for PC.

If I exit the game and log back in, for some reason the mouse starts behaving like a default Mac mouse, with one button and no scroll. In order to click anything, I have to press BOTH buttons AND the scroll to make it work. And even then, the clicks might not register.

The mouse movement is normal. There are no issues except it’s nearly impossible to click anything. If I exit sims and don’t log in, the mouse will be fine. But if I go in the game, the mouse clicks are messed up for everything. I need to reboot to get the mouse working again.

No other game or application messes with the mouse like this. So I’m not sure what’s up. Anyone see this on a Mac before? It’s annoying– especially bc I’m putting mods in and troubleshooting for conflicts.