Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:08 AM
#hotmess

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:26 AM
Is it a Sims 4 on switch? Finally?

To be honest that fanmade sims 1 reconstruction is making sims 1 open world probably, or just renders the whole town around a lot (in 3D). I'm looking forward to that way more than anything EA has to offer now. I don't care if its Sims 5... if I can have my sims 1 upgraded to the max, I really don't care about anything new The Sims team has to offer anymore :P
Mad Poster
#28 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
New TS4 experience?

Improved sims?

Open world?

CAST?

Or just plain 'new' half assed EP?

Quote: Originally posted by luxford
I think a lot of us would be incredibly happy if it became open world but I think that'd be too much work for the development team. But who knows?

The only open world I could possibly imagine is open neighbourhoods as TS4 is not built for truly open world gameplay. Technically all the lots are already loaded, but it would be interesting if they ever find a way of opening the other lots.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#29 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:22 PM
I understood that the others lots are *not* already fully loaded

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#30 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Is it a Sims 4 on switch? Finally?

To be honest that fanmade sims 1 reconstruction is making sims 1 open world probably, or just renders the whole town around a lot (in 3D). I'm looking forward to that way more than anything EA has to offer now. I don't care if its Sims 5... if I can have my sims 1 upgraded to the max, I really don't care about anything new The Sims team has to offer anymore :P
Switch was something I thought of as well because many, many games appear on Switch and then there was the whole confusion because the tweet said "NEXT Sims 4 experience"...
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:22 PM
TS4 on Switch sounds pretty interesting if it functions similar to TS2 on console where you'd manually control your Sim. I always loved that about the console version.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:31 PM
TS4 on Switch sounds pretty interesting if it functions similar to TS2 on console where you'd manually control your Sim. I always loved that about the console version.
Agree, but I don't know if they would change the controls AGAIN because afaik they made some changes for the Xbox/PS4 versions? Seems like a lot of effort to have three different kind of controls for the same game.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Agree, but I don't know if they would change the controls AGAIN because afaik they made some changes for the Xbox/PS4 versions? Seems like a lot of effort to have three different kind of controls for the same game.

That's true, but the fact that TS4 on console is basically an exact copy of the PC version surprises me. In the past when we've had console versions of PC Sims games, they've been majorly or at least slightly different so that it's a different experience and not just the same old stuff you can get on PC. But we're talking about a company that rips things from an expansion to make a $10 stuff pack that no one wanted so *shrug*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:30 PM
I would probably loosely consider getting Nintendo switch alone and the game for it. I said loosely, as my interest would depend on how the performance (is it buggy or not) of how it will critically be acclaimed. I always wished for a Sims title of having everything the pc counterpart has and thus worth the money, as there hadn't been that much console games overwhelmed with that much content.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:07 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:13 AM
[quote]"<we're working on some great stuff!"

Lol, we keep hearing similar promises every year and had one of them come true to the anticipation? Of course not. As one wise man said: " they're probably skimming over the quarterly teaser to promote their EA play or whatever it is and raise interest in it since people will have to look there if they want more info about upcoming features."
Field Researcher
#37 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:18 AM

I thought they would create a "direct control" of the character in the console version of the Sims 4. this would be a fresh idea. But they limited themselves to a cursor, which is not quite convenient on the console. "Direct control" allows you to immerse yourself in the game. I would like that this mode was not only in the console but in the PC version of TS2.
Theorist
#38 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
I thought they would create a "direct control" of the character in the console version of the Sims 4. this would be a fresh idea. But they limited themselves to a cursor, which is not quite convenient on the console. "Direct control" allows you to immerse yourself in the game. I would like that this mode was not only in the console but in the PC version of TS2.

"generation of missed opportunities"
Alchemist
#39 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:45 AM
Please let it be The Simsv5
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:47 PM
Open World is too much to hope for. But if they've somehow added CASt, or even a color wheel, I think a lot of simmers would be happy.
Page 2 of 2