Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:39 AM Last edited by zonbai : 18th Mar 2018 at 3:22 AM.
Default L.E. Error With All Custom Traits
Hello All,
I am new here and am having an issue with custom traits.
I use a few mods but every time I use any custom trait, I get a Last Exception error. If I remove the trait, and only use the rest of my mods, all is fine. If I put ANY trait into the mods folder, I get the error again. It happens immediately when loading a house or lot. I'm using traits that were made with my same game version (1.40.61.1020 Jungle Adventure) and traits that were posted here yesterday. All other mods work great with no errors, only traits throw the error and all custom traits error out.

EDIT: Here is the contents of the LastException.txt file. This file generated with no other mods except a handful of custom traits, all of which are recent and created with my same game version.
I have tried only installing one trait and it still throws an error.
[infobutton]<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3e4b8ca526b758655a9db328</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-05 16:15:01</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.40.61.1020-1.200.000.325.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable.py:2138</categoryid><desyncid>3e4b8ca526b758655a9db328</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Caught exception loading reference. RefName: 136725 Manager: InstanceManager_interaction.
TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction. (ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 148, in c_api_server_init_tick
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 335, in start_single_service
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 104, in update_incremental_start
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 144, in _execute_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 433, in load_data_into_class_instances
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 654, in load_from_xml
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 699, in feed
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 743, in _load_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 792, in _load_tunable
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1175, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1175, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 807, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 358, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 414, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 807, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 358, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2138, in load_etree_node
ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.
</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3e4b8ca526b758655a9db328</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-05 16:15:01</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.40.61.1020-1.200.000.325.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable.py:2138</categoryid><desyncid>3e4b8ca526b758655a9db328</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Caught exception loading reference. RefName: 136725 Manager: InstanceManager_interaction.
TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction. (ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.)
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 148, in c_api_server_init_tick
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 335, in start_single_service
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 104, in update_incremental_start
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 144, in _execute_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 433, in load_data_into_class_instances
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 654, in load_from_xml
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 699, in feed
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 743, in _load_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 792, in _load_tunable
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 414, in load_etree_node
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2138, in load_etree_node
ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.
</desyncdata></report>
</desyncdata></report>
</desyncdata></report>
</root>[/infobutton]

I appreciate any suggestions and information you may have as I have been searching the net for days about this.
Thanks in advance,
Have a great day!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:48 AM
What the heck? It tells me to use the "infobutton" tag for log posting, but of course it doesn't work. Sorry guys, I tried to make the post short.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zonbai
What the heck? It tells me to use the "infobutton" tag for log posting, but of course it doesn't work. Sorry guys, I tried to make the post short.

I would start by taking out the buyable Venues mod that is giving alot of your errors from what I see in your post.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:08 PM Last edited by zonbai : 5th Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM. Reason: Clarity
Thanks for the reply, I have updated my post to reflect that I have removed all other mods except a handful of custom traits. I have updated the log file. It throws the error even with only one trait installed. All custom traits are made with my game version and are only a few days old.
I still get the error, even with only custom traits installed and no other mods.
If I remove all custom traits and install all of my other mods, including buyable venues, I get no error. Interesting issue..
I appreciate your replies.
Have a great day!
Deceased
#5 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 10:17 AM
Hi. I've been working with GoBananas on this error and it's not entirely clear what is causing it. It is an interesting problem indeed as we don't seem to encounter the error ourselves no matter how hard we try! If I can get some more information that could definitely help:
  1. Have you tried doing a repair of the game installation? If not, please do try that first!
  2. When does the exception occur? You say it happens when you "use" a custom trait, is that
    • Immediately when you load a new game with a new Sim that has one of these traits?
    • After a period of time on a fresh game with a Sim using one of the traits?
    • After saving and reloading a game that has a Sim using one of the traits?
  3. What is the minimal set of trait or traits required to cause the problem to occur? For instance, I have GoBananas Lucky and Unlucky traits and I cannot seem to reproduce this issue in game. It's possible though that another specific trait or traits is required to cause the error to occur.
  4. I know you said you have no other mods installed, but can I ask what game packs do you have?
  5. Is it possible to get a fresh save game which causes this issue?
Icy Spicy
#6 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:31 AM
Code:

I got this error when I tried to assign a non-mixer interactions to the buff using 'interaction_items'
Deceased
#7 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
I got this error when I tried to assign a non-mixer interactions to the buff using 'interaction_items'

Thx, I've directed GoBananas to this thread to see if that's also causing their issue. It's certainly similar, I was already pretty sure it had something to do with it expecting a mixer somewhere in the trait mod.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Code:

What did you use to get this to show up?

Twilightsims
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:07 AM
I have taken out custom traits and game works fine but when I put them back I get (even if its only one) the big orange box from MCCC. If anyone can help that would be great. I got this LE file.
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3ffde1464c2dd0d55aab0287</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-16 12:33:27</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable.py:2138</categoryid><desyncid>3ffde1464c2dd0d55aab0287</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Caught exception loading reference. RefName: 139748 Manager: InstanceManager_interaction. TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction. (ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 148, in c_api_server_init_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 335, in start_single_service File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 104, in update_incremental_start File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 144, in _execute_gen File ".\mc_utils.py", line 114, in _wrapper_function File ".\mc_injections.py", line 242, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 433, in load_data_into_class_instances File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 654, in load_from_xml File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 699, in feed File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 743, in _load_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 792, in _load_tunable File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1175, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1175, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 807, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 358, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 414, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1175, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 807, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 358, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2151, in load_etree_node File ".\mc_utils.py", line 114, in _wrapper_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2138, in load_etree_node ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction. </desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3ffde1464c2dd0d55aab0287</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-16 12:33:27</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable.py:2138</categoryid><desyncid>3ffde1464c2dd0d55aab0287</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Caught exception loading reference. RefName: 139748 Manager: InstanceManager_interaction. TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction. (ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 148, in c_api_server_init_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 335, in start_single_service File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 104, in update_incremental_start File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 144, in _execute_gen File ".\mc_utils.py", line 114, in _wrapper_function File ".\mc_injections.py", line 242, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 433, in load_data_into_class_instances File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 654, in load_from_xml File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 699, in feed File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 743, in _load_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 792, in _load_tunable File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1175, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1175, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 807, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 358, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 414, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1175, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 807, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 358, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1416, in load_etree_node File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2151, in load_etree_node File ".\mc_utils.py", line 114, in _wrapper_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2138, in load_etree_node ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction. </desyncdata></report>
</root>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 4:49 PM
@scumbumbo
I appreciate you're trying to help in this issue
To answer some of your questions...
I have tried a repair, uninstall and reinstall of the entire game.

The exception occurs as soon as my house loads. The sim in the house does not have any custom traits assigned. Only vanilla ones. Exception will occur when any lot is loaded.

The minimal set of traits needed to produce the exception is one. A single custom trait will throw an exception when the lot loads. I get an L.E. error as well as an MC Command Center warning box.

I have the entire game... all expansions, game packs and stuff packs including the new pets stuff.

Thanks again for any suggestions you may have.
Deceased
#11 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 10:05 PM
@zonbai - Thanks for the additional info. Please try with all other mods than the custom trait uninstalled, including MCCC. Be sure to retain your configuration for MCCC (easiest way is to just drag/drop your whole Mods folder to your desktop, create a new folder called Mods and put the trait in. Then you can drag/drop the Mods folder back after testing).

I have the latest version of MCCC, so the mod itself doesn't cause the error to occur, but it's possible that an option you are using in that mod is causing the trouble. It's also possible that something in one of the other game packs triggers the bug, and I have no way of testing that unfortunately.

Finally I really, really need to know the name of a custom trait that is causing the issue as I am not 100% sure that not all custom traits exhibit this problem and it's quite possible I don't have one of those traits in my game!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:05 AM Last edited by zonbai : 17th Mar 2018 at 7:07 AM.
@scumbumbo
I removed MC Command Center and ran some tests.
No L.E. file was generated in the sims 4 folder! Only for a select few so overall, it's working!
So I went to download a new MCCC.

MC Command Center must have updated.
I downloaded 4.2.0, Not sure which version I had before, likely 4.1.x
Anyway, all traits are now working except for those same select few which probably just need updating. Non working traits listed below...
So you were right! It was MC Command Center causing comething.

All of my traits now work without errors except for...
Sense of Humor - newest version throws error
No Sense of Humor - newest version throws error
Brave - throws error
Coward - throws error
Baller - newest version throws error
Hacker - old - throws error
Anxiety - newest version throws error
Tested on game version 1.41.38.1020 (My First Pet Stuff)

I've got about 12 that work now!

Thank you so much for your help! I didn't even think to see if MCCC needed updating or trying the traits without it installed.
dodgy builder
#13 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:03 PM
I like to use the law career and get last exception error sometimes. I use mccc as well and perhaps one more. It works better without the career. I specifically noticed it was hard to make my sim, continue on her movie script.

I might need to update mccc. I'm on my phone now, so I can't check it out.
Deceased
#14 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:15 PM
@zonbai - Thanks for that list, using that I was able to make some progress. That error seems to be an "ignorable" error, possibly intended for internal use, and my game simply doesn't report it to the last exception file. I was able to get the error to generate by adding some logging of my own to the load_etree_node method that is generating those LEs in other folks games. Why they see the error and it gets thrown out in mine, I couldn't say definitively (possibly some enhanced error reporting in MCCC that I don't have enabled?) and I really don't much care, because...

The main thing is that I got the errors to generate and see them in my own game!

I'll follow up with the technical info for GoBananas in the thread of the modding discussion forum.
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Klokcoops
I have taken out custom traits and game works fine but when I put them back I get (even if its only one) the big orange box from MCCC. If anyone can help that would be great. I got this LE file.
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3ffde1464c2dd0d55aab0287</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-16 12:33:27</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable.py:2138</categoryid><desyncid>3ffde1464c2dd0d55aab0287</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Caught exception loading reference. RefName: 139748 Manager: InstanceManager_interaction.
File ".\mc_utils.py", line 114, in _wrapper_function
File ".\mc_injections.py", line 242, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2151, in load_etree_node
</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3ffde1464c2dd0d55aab0287</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-16 12:33:27</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable.py:2138</categoryid><desyncid>3ffde1464c2dd0d55aab0287</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Caught exception loading reference. RefName: 139748 Manager: InstanceManager_interaction.
File ".\mc_injections.py", line 242, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2151, in load_etree_node
</desyncdata></report>
</root>

If you have MC installed, you should head over to his discord, they will read your LE and help you out with those issues. for me it was traits causing my LE, but Ive also been told this lastet patch really messed things up, so people are having issues with toddlers and the appartments causeing LE
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:52 PM
I deleted the few traits I had and got the new MCCC and put in a few traits. Works now. The only trait I did get an LE with so far is gobananas artistic trait.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 3:33 AM
https://discord.gg/H8TFX for the last exceptions