Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:30 PM
Default Game Corrupted with really odd images?
Just seeing if anyone knows how to fix or got this before. I added a few mods (the testing cheats is the only one I can get working. The mosaic and the ambitions ones doesn't work for some reason or another). Anyways, things were just fine until I added a Clinic and this happened. I can't select any sims or any objects. Game is playing without me. Really don't want to start over, but I'm bit tired of fiddling.

Image of Corruption on screen
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 12:59 AM
My guess would be that you installed the mods incorrectly and TSM is reading them wrong somehow.

Did you install them properly? like it's explained here: How to mod your game for beginners

Does ALL the cheats work? Some cheats don't need the debugenabler mod to work, so you could have this installed wrong too.
Example:
Motherlode, rerollquests will always work.
SetKP, SetQP needs you to change a line in Commands.ini to work.
Ageuptonpc, EnableQuestPerformance needs the debugenabler to work.

If all else fails, and you do have to reinstall the game, backup the Saves/SavedSims folders in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\ and you won't have to start again from stratch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 3:30 AM
I reloaded the save in a virgin copy of the game and it's still the same. None of the added mods work and I think it's because I tried to reroll the traits did it suddenly wig on me. Went though all the beginner guides and still managed to mess things up Not sure what I'm doing so wrong there.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 4:54 AM
I actually had this problem at one point as well. I got it by shift + right click with mouse it removes your character from the character panel which causes the UI to freak out, if you are able to find your character or any of your heros, perhaps even some NPC you see roaming around then shift + right click them again and it'll add them back to you panel and fix the UI and you can then find the hero you were originally playing. this is how and a few of my friends have fixed this issue. good luck
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:28 AM
The same thing happened to me, I have no idea what happened. I just quit the quest and started a new one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:45 AM
@Blissful

I'll try that, thanks. Actually I think I was doing that at the time. I already started a new/slighty better game, but this is good to know in case I do it again on accident. Now if I can figured out what 'mine exposed rock' means for the Blacksmith and get the other mods working, I'll be straight.
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:51 AM
If you only have one active Sim, shift/right-clicking on him borks the game/quest you're on, I did it by mistake and re-selected him but my game was all weird too, I had to cancel that quest, I think, or maybe even go back to a previous save (I highly recommend saving as often as possible and copying that save in a safe folder on your computer).

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Instructor
#8 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
I highly recommend saving as often as possible and copying that save in a safe folder on your computer).

I second that. I've had some borky graphics, too, but I've experienced the same with the other Sim games. Tabbing out of the game usually works for me; but my borkiness may be caused by my vid card rather than the game itself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:02 PM
I've also had error 13 saving error the quest about the doom bringer traveler. It wouldn't let me save then eventually crashed when I alt-tabbed. I canceled it and picked a different one, and it was okay after that. Still can't get the no mosiac and other add-on mods to work, but I've about quit trying. It'll be nice to see this game at full modding capacity but it pisses me off these games are released half-assed like that. I'm getting tired of sims 3 all together and started playing 2 again! XD I'm hoping they just release 4 like how Windows released 7 after Vista.