Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:57 PM Last edited by Alisar : 13th Apr 2008 at 10:42 PM.
Thank you for the changes, Delphy. It is real, everything is clearer now!

I have a problem to see correctly the news, though: when I click to any of the news link I can display only tech news - the only exception is site poll: why?

About the position of the other links I agree with Phaenoh: as messages are user's they should be where they where, so better the S2C SX2 and S2W links at the left corner, under the navbar
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 11:05 PM
The buttons for the other sites are a little larger than necessary, and quite incongruent with the navbar with the white background. It'd probably be a little more unifying to have a MTS2N section up in the navbar with links to the sites instead.

...I've actually just adblocked them because I thought they looked that bad. No biggie, I know where those sites are anyway.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 5:54 AM
I noticed that the pages load a LOT faster now....thank you!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 12:53 PM
Quinctia, I guess the idea behind the MTSN is not just the buttons themselves, but the actual dropdown menus behind the buttons. You might know where the sites are, but do you know everything on them?

Just having links to the other sites isn't really what I was trying to achieve - I feel the dropdowns work much better becuase you can easily see the different sections and whats available instead of just having a general vague idea of what goes on.

Alisar, thanks for the heads up about the Site News categories - this should be fixed now

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Theorist
#30 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 5:10 PM
ZOMG, There a menu!
Now I love them, Seriously I do, I can go from MTS2 to S2C in like a coupple of clicks!

Much Thanks!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 10:44 PM
I think the buttons and menus really add to the site, They make the page pop, and I wouldn't even mind seeing more. I don't think the buttons look out of place at all. Nice job and well done!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 1:55 PM
Looks good to me! Although I am wondering, is it just because I am a spaz and my brains are short-circuiting from recent events in Kalamityville, or is it because of the recent changes at MTS2, that I keep showing up as offline? (I have no life, so I'm always online- hee hee.) It's just a goofy little thing I never even paid attention to, until my hubby pointed it out-I assumed when you signed in you were online, it's probably something my burned out old eyes are overlooking or I am just finally just losing my marbles, I did think I saw at one time a setting for online status, but I've searched to no avail and just don't see it. Otherwise, like I said, it's just a goofy little thing-- and everything else as usual *bows to the master-hee hee* is just great, thanks for all your hard work!

Never burn bridges, you may need to cross them again! - Kalamity_Katie
Theorist
#33 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 3:09 PM
kalamity, I always offline too, apparently .
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 3:15 PM
The everybody showing up as offline has been the case for, erm, 2 years? 2.5? Certainly a heck of a long time.

Field Researcher
#35 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 5:46 PM
I think the changes are great, but Firefox seems to have gone spazz one me... Yesterday, everything was perfect but today I can't use any of the dropdown menus. If I use IE it works. Something in my FF settings must've changed since yesterday but I don't know what, and how.

Is it only me?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#36 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 7:43 PM
Berg: did you turn off javascript perhaps? (preferences > content)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 11:08 PM
No, it was checked as activated. I did try do de-activate and then turn it on again and restart Mozilla, but it didn't help. It's strange, but I can of course always use IE...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#38 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 8:11 AM
It works fine in both FF2 and FF3 here.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 9:30 AM
The Navbar is brilliant and one of the best changes for a very long time
Many Thanks

Facts are meaningless they can be used to prove anything
Scholar
#40 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 4:58 PM
And with Safari ? I'm enjoying this new navigator for my pc and I can't make the buttons functionnable with it, they don't react.

Arf, it's not really problematic, I can use IE or FF.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#41 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 6:26 PM
My problem is solved. Dunno how or why, but I can use FF without problems again!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 7:17 PM
MissWendy, look in the Site Links dropdown as it says in the first post

Mihura, the buttons use the same dropdown technology as the normal navbar menus so they should work fine but I dont have safari...

Forum Resident
#43 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 11:04 PM
The changes look great! Thank you. I didn't even know about Sexy Sims2 or Sims Community. The drop downs are easier to read.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 7:25 AM
Really? Whoosh, that's a long time. Shows how how much I pay attention, eh? Like I said though, It's just a goofy little thing. Doesn't bother me none. I like all the other changes.

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
The everybody showing up as offline has been the case for, erm, 2 years? 2.5? Certainly a heck of a long time.

Never burn bridges, you may need to cross them again! - Kalamity_Katie
Scholar
#45 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 9:15 PM
No problem Delphy and again thanks for all you do for the site.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Theorist
#46 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:06 PM
Delphy, when will you update the site for Kitchen and Bath?
Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 1:56 PM
Please, what happened to the Q-Xpress Installer, that was so good when downloading...still love the site, it's the best out of all the Sims2 sites...
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 2:30 PM
Sorry to be a nuisance, but I found the explanation for QX, am off to read on Downloading for freaking idiots, now that I dont have the easiness of QX, I now have to learn what to do with the manual downloads...hope it helps me. Pity we have to grow old!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:34 PM Last edited by HollisterSurf101 : 2nd May 2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Um...I Still Dont Get What happened to the Qxpress ???
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#50 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:48 PM
For questions about Q-Xpress please read the announcement in Site Issues.

Page 2 of 3