Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2024 at 3:29 PM
Default The Full Sims 3 Experience Legacy Challenge Series
Hey guys!
So I’ve been working on a legacy challenge (or rather, a series of challenges as we came to completion) for the past couple of months. I realised that I’ve never fully explored what TS3 has to offer as a whole in that 10 years of playing or mine, and I’ve also stumbled upon a lot of exciting mods, and beautiful, themed worlds, which make the game way better, and more immersive.

At first I thought it would be a fun idea to play through several centuries, in which my sim family would be involved, shaping their legacy and simnation’s history, however I got a bit carried away, and made a plan for a 36 generation legacy challenge. The idea is a good one, In my opinion, however playing in an 1800s or 1900s or even a futuristic era for the fifth generation didn’t appeal to me.

I had 36 worlds, 62 different careers/professions/self-registered careers, but didn’t want to play in a similiar setting for 4-5 generations.

Then one night I finally realised, that it didn’t have to be one legacy challenge, but it could rather be a series of challenges, with less strict timeline stamps,and rather a way to play these challenges in any order, or even starting a new one then jumping back later to your previous legacy, and BOOM. This was how my legacy challenge was born.

Oh, and by the way, throughout this journey, I’ve become a performance freak, trying to make the game perform the best it could, and came to the conclusion that a second version, a lite/tiny world version would be my choice of playing, this way I can focus on that aspect of the game which I really want to with that generation. So I started again, searched for another load of beautifully crafted worlds, which would fit my themes for each century and location.

I thought it would be easier for you, and me as well to clearly understand how the challenge works, if I posted it on tumblr instead.

You Will need basic knowledge of how to install, use, and find conflits with mods using delphy's dashboard. I cannot help with this part.

So here you go! I Would love to hear your feedback!

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/getjackdhu