Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:43 PM
Default Early 1900's/late 1800's style medium/large home (for a historical figure sim)
So I'm trying to put a sim who's supposed to be a historical figure from the first half of the 20th century(initials A.C. and that's all I'll share about him here) in my hood, but I can't for the life of me recreate the home where he was said to live for most of his life, and I was hoping to be able to download something workable that I could make slight edits to, so I could play somewhat accurately with him. Does anyone know where I could find a lot for this purpose?

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 6:14 PM
Well, if we don't know who it is, it's unlikely we'd be able to suggest a suitable house I think.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:41 PM
Yeah, we're gonna need a lot more info than that, I'm afraid. If you're unwilling to reveal the identity of this A.C., then we'll at least need an architectural style. There are dozens of different types of architecture that were popular/prevalent in different parts of the world in the time period you're talking about. Is it Victorian? Second Empire? Neoclassical/Antebellum? American Foursquare? Art Deco? Gothic Revival? Art Nouveau? Prairie School style (i.e. Frank Lloyd Wright)? Arts & Crafts/Craftsman? All of those are very different from each other and are only some of the possible styles that would fall into "late 1800s/early 1900s."

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:23 AM
Hmm, definitely Victorian style, I'd say. Sorry, it was late at night where I am, and I'd had a long night and too much sugar. I didn't see this earlier, because I decided to get a good night's sleep.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 7:21 PM
Have you looked through all the lots tagged "Victorian" just here on MTS? There are 45 pages of them... http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...gs=1&f=143&gs=1 (*cough* Although not all of them are actually Victorian in style *cough*) If there's a community or apartment lot that'll work with some modification, they can be easily changed into a regular residential lot.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:22 PM
Hmmm..."A.C.". I wonder if anyone has recreated Alcatraz?
We at least need the socio-economic level and country!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
Hmmm..."A.C.". I wonder if anyone has recreated Alcatraz?
We at least need the socio-economic level and country!

Andrew Carnegie?

Because libraries, y'know.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Andrew Carnegie?

Because libraries, y'know.

Carnegie is certainly a fascinating figure, but his rags-to-riches story precludes the descriptor, "the home where he was said to live for most of his life". He was born in a one-room weaver's cot, and only very slowly accumulated his fortune. I was only joking about Al Capone, in part for the same reason: he was born in penury, turned to crime as a road to wealth and power, was sentenced to federal prison, and died in modest circumstances. One of the few ACs that nearly fits is Agatha Christie; she lived in Winterbrook House from 1934 until her death in 1976, but the appropriate pronoun is she, not he, and Winterbrook House (see image) is a charming 18th century Queen Anne, not a Victorian. Arthur C. Clarke lived in Sri Lanka for 52 years, most of it in Leslie House, but his life spanned almost the entire 20th century. (Shrug.) Without more data, I think the OP is on her own.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:55 AM
There are a large number of Victorian houses out there for download. If you can't find exactly what you want, then create it yourself? In the meantime there are a couple of other WCIF threads you can browse as well - http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=565998 and http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=596092
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:21 AM
Aleister Crowley moved around a lot, too.

I hate "Victorian" as an adjective - it encompasses most of the 19th century, and is applied to gingerbread cottages, Italianate and Second Empire townhouses, Stick style, the asymmetrical frame homes with towers which are what Americans mean when we say "Queen Anne" (I have no idea why), and the hodgepodge of styles with which the Gilded Age rich made their consumption conspicuous -- dang near anything with more than one floor and some architectural flourishes.

If you can find a floor plan of the home, or some good reference pictures, building it yourself may be the only way to satisfy your need.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:49 AM
@Katlovet10 Check out creator Christine she is well know for building extremely beautiful "Victorian" home and some comes with furniture,I love her work http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...ype=2&&u=155330 Now this link is for Sims 2
( she also do other version of Sims ) so be sure it work with your Eps.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:16 AM
I fairly guarantee it's Alastair Crowley, if they're gonna act all mysterious about it. XD Work under that assumption.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ErikLeroux
I fairly guarantee it's Alastair Crowley, if they're gonna act all mysterious about it. XD Work under that assumption.

That would mean Boleskine House, a manor house completed in the mid-1700s; even though he only owned it from 1899 to 1913, I think he did live there longer than anywhere else. Crowley was a most peripatetic individual, but I must say, he would be great fun to play as a neutral wizard who is always going on vacations.
Scholar
#14 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:52 AM
Look at my Tumblr (link in my siggy). I have at least one house that fits the description, made from a houseplan from 1909.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/