Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:35 PM
Are Macs incompatible with modding?
Hi guys,

I have a few ideas for mods and I'd like to try my hand at creating them. So far all I can find are instructions to get the XML files for Windows computers and that's a problem because I have a MacBook. Am I completely out of luck in this endeavour or is there a way to do this on a Mac (without running Windows or using something like CrossOver)? My MacBook is kinda old (2011!) but it is running the latest operating system and it does run TS4 without problems.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:54 AM
I know there's modders out there who use Macs - I'm pretty sure Sims 4 Studio has a version for the Mac, and I've heard reports of modders running my XML Extractor using Windows compatibility (WINE?) not sure how that works.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:20 PM
Yes, S4S is available for Mac, and that implies there are people happily modding under Mac OS. Depending on the type of work you want to do, you'd have to also source painting and modelling tools for your OS

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I know there's modders out there who use Macs - I'm pretty sure Sims 4 Studio has a version for the Mac, and I've heard reports of modders running my XML Extractor using Windows compatibility (WINE?) not sure how that works.

The S4S forum says it lacks the XML extracter and is only good for recolours. I'm not overly interested in recolours. I'll try WINE though.