Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:39 AM
Default English / Neutral names for generated Sims?
Hi, I play Czech version of The Sims and I love it... well... except one thing. I like neutral names, maybe some english names. Names you can use in many coutries and it's not weird - like David, Martin, Victor, Sam, Lily etc. Some Czech names are pretty and I really love them but they are pretty specific and unique. I play for families of differernt origin - Western Asian (after City Living ) mostly, then French etc. But it is really weird if I have family with surname like Banerjee but their child (generated) names are Czech as hell. I do not play for these Sims, so I usually find out after I see them as children in family tree. And I don't like changing names manually, it feels unrealistic. Why would someone renamed their child? Also I have a lot of new children in my town I wouldn do anything else than renaming.
It is mod or way to change random name generator with generator from another language? I found Spanish, French and Russian name generators but those names are also too specific.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”

J. R. R. Tolkien
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:07 PM
I have an english one and I think it's working but it's not updated anymore. I don't have the latest update of the game yet and it seems to work still, the mod. I fou're interested I can look for the source online for you. Not sure if it's uploaded here.