Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2017 at 11:47 PM
Default Pinedale
I've been playing Pinedale (also called Greater Pinedale) since last November, and am on round 7. There are currently ten households, with the first teens heading off to the recently created University (very creatively named Pinedale University). The oldest teen didn't get to go to University, because it was only created after he'd already become an adult. All of the houses, apartments, and community lots in the main 'hood were built by me, and I built the dorms in the University, but used maxis community lots which I will probably renovate.
Here's a neighbourhood picture of (Greater) Pinedale at the current time. (The picture is a little big, so I've hidden it under a spoiler)

It's not the most decorated 'hood, but I'm pretty attached to the little (and big) pixels that live there. I'll do family summaries in the coming posts, and when those are done I'll try and update you all on what's been going on after each family's round.

Call me Hannah
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:18 AM
It's so cute! I've always been a fan of that SC4 Terrain.
I always go all out with decorating my 'hoods, but sometimes I overlook the little pixel people who live there. I'm excited to hear more about Pinedale! Does it have a backstory to it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:29 AM
The Sloan Family

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
It's so cute! I've always been a fan of that SC4 Terrain.
I always go all out with decorating my 'hoods, but sometimes I overlook the little pixel people who live there. I'm excited to hear more about Pinedale! Does it have a backstory to it?

I love the Three Lakes terrain, the different elevations make it really interesting. I didn't really create a backstory for Pinedale, but it doesn't have any real connection to the land around it, so it's possible that the first founders were blown towards the shore in a boat, or are survivors of a shipwreck/plane crash. Now that Pinedale is more established more sims know about it and are coming to settle down there on purpose

Call me Hannah
Instructor
#5 Old 30th May 2017 at 2:09 AM
Pinedale looks rather beautiful! I also used to use the 3-lakes terrain, yet I lost that hood to corruption. The whole hood was obscured with rocks The Sloan family is SO adorable, and they sound rather well-developed. I can't wait to hear more! In my opinion, Esta and Lenora are rather pretty, and all the male sims are handsome (of course).~And I anticipate seeing some aliens, perhaps ?

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th May 2017 at 5:53 AM
I like the Sloan Family, it was good reading about them and looking at their pictures.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:23 AM
Oohhh, a new neighborhood. It's a lovely layout, and good reading. The Sloan family sound very interesting, so much so, I await more. Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2017 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Pinedale looks rather beautiful! I also used to use the 3-lakes terrain, yet I lost that hood to corruption. The whole hood was obscured with rocks The Sloan family is SO adorable, and they sound rather well-developed. I can't wait to hear more! In my opinion, Esta and Lenora are rather pretty, and all the male sims are handsome (of course).~And I anticipate seeing some aliens, perhaps ?

Thank you I use a trait system in my hood, which I try and match up with their personality points so that a naturally slobby sim doesn't have the neat trait, for example. Esta and Rowan were the first sims that I created in this hood, and now they're elders it makes me sad because they'll be gone in the next few rounds There will definitely be aliens, I can tell you that much!

Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I like the Sloan Family, it was good reading about them and looking at their pictures.

Thank you I have a lot of pictures that I've taken over the sim years so far, I will probably share a few of those after I have finished introducing the families.

Quote: Originally posted by LilKiwi
Oohhh, a new neighborhood. It's a lovely layout, and good reading. The Sloan family sound very interesting, so much so, I await more. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you I'm glad you think that my sims are interesting, that's always a worry when sharing things; I adore my little pixels but will others enjoy hearing about them? More will be arriving soon

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th May 2017 at 9:35 AM
The Mulloy Family

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th May 2017 at 10:39 AM
The Lewis-Neal Family (this will be a long one, so get ready!)

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th May 2017 at 11:09 AM
The Plank family

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:14 PM
The Thomason family

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:06 PM
I like all of your Families, I particularly like the background and personality information that you give for them.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st May 2017 at 12:19 PM
The last four families in Pinedale I will do two to a post, because they're newer and smaller.

The Ryan Family

The Garver family

Call me Hannah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st May 2017 at 2:18 PM
The Schneider family

The Gross family

Call me Hannah
Link Ninja
#16 Old 31st May 2017 at 10:38 PM
You have a good diverse cast of hood sims! Are you going to add any tall pine trees to your hood (because it's pinedale?)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 1:35 AM
I got inspired to decorate Pinedale...

Yeah, lots of pine trees :D

I also built a second apartment building in the commercial area of Pinedale, and I'll put a few pictures under a spoiler. There are three apartments in the unit, each with three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms.

Call me Hannah
Link Ninja
#18 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 4:21 AM
YEAH PINE TREES, now that's a landscape worth being called Pinedale!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#19 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 8:57 AM
my game would crash with so many trees!

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 12:39 AM Last edited by HH22 : 5th Jul 2017 at 12:52 AM.
I'm glad the trees were a hit!

Not much happened during the Lewis-Neal and Thomason rounds, except for a few birthdays. Bristol & Eden are now young adults, and are at college, Marilou is now a teenager, and Claire is an elder. Tish and Conner are now dating. The Thomason twins don't age up for a few more rounds I believe, but they got their college scholarships already. The Thomason dogs, Cam & Mackie, had puppies this round as well; Cookie, Tank, & Sandy.

I have just finished the Plank family's round. Nothing happened apart from their dog, Fluffy, passing away Oh, and Melvyn became an elder. I gave the triplets a summer makeover, and took a new family photo, because the last one I took before the triplets were born.

Now, onto the next family! Edit: I forgot a few things...Oops!

Call me Hannah
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 7:14 AM
Aww, lovely sims! :lovestruc

And I love the pine trees too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Aww, lovely sims! :lovestruc

And I love the pine trees too.

Thank you

An update on Frank's family. The house got an extension and a makeover this round, to cope with the growing family. Cyrus grew up into a child this round, made friends with Gaetana, and has a B in school. Frank got a promotion at work, so now he's a Starter in the athletic career. Shanna found out that she was pregnant and gave birth to Pinedale's second set of quadruplets: Kailin (ky-lin), Olly, Teo, and Caoimhe (kee-va). The quads became (cute) toddlers, and are driving Frank and Shanna insane. Once the quads become children next round Shanna will be able to go back to work. No more babies for this family (I hope!).

Call me Hannah
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 3:54 PM
Where do the Sim's Traits come from?

Interesting Sims btw.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Where do the Sim's Traits come from?

Interesting Sims btw.

I use Seri Sims' trait list and roll for the traits the sims will have. They don't get ones that conflict with their personality points though, otherwise it won't make much sense. For the sims born in game I give them two traits as a toddler, one from each parent, and then they get an extra trait each time they age up until they become a young adult, so they have five traits total.

For example: When Frank Sloan had his toddler birthday he gained the traits Loves The Outdoors from his mother, and a Dog Allergy from his father. On his child birthday he gained the Childish trait, on his teen birthday he gained the Disciplined trait, and on his adult birthday he gained the Technology Lover trait.

It just makes my sims more diverse, and it adds interesting things to the game play. Frank and his family can't have pet dogs, for example, because he has a dog allergy. His father and one of his sisters are also allergic to dogs, so neither of them will own a dog. If they interact with a dog then I have to drag their comfort bars down, to simulate their allergies.

I hope this makes sense!

Editing to add a link to the trait list, here.

Call me Hannah
Forum Resident
#25 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HH22
I use Seri Sims' trait list and roll for the traits the sims will have. They don't get ones that conflict with their personality points though, otherwise it won't make much sense. For the sims born in game I give them two traits as a toddler, one from each parent, and then they get an extra trait each time they age up until they become a young adult, so they have five traits total. ... It just makes my sims more diverse, and it adds interesting things to the game play. [/URL].

I find this fascinating!
I'm not sure that I could keep up with everyone's traits and be good about going in and changing their levels but I would certainly like to include something like this in my game. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island

Page 1 of 2