Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 8:04 PM
Painting Templates for PhotoStudio-- want to share?
OK-- I'm getting bleary-eyed and lazy.
So, I'll beg-- if anyone has created templates of other paintings (like the square Bella or the horizontal orange color-field or the bridge), can you upload them please?
Sorry, I have many big paintings I want to make but the very lame, thin and gray frame for the Lady on Red just plain sucks!
And I've been importing textures to new re-colours made from the Object Workshop, but the files just come out too huge. Using the DDS compression with the Photo Studio is much better (as they come out 8 times smaller!)

Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 8:59 PM
You can use the DDS Compression wth OW as well.

if you want to reimport your Texture, just open the TXTR File in the "Plugin View", right click on the Texture Image and select "Build DXT...".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 7:13 PM
OK-- I finally got the hang of it. It works beautifully and the textures look fine even though their 8 times smaller in memory size! Great!

Honestly, though, I try to avoid using the object workshop when I can. Because of the never-ending conflict that SimPE has with the language of my copy of Sims, I have to click through several hundred error messages (I suppose as it's reading the objects.package) before the workshop will appear. Photo Studio doesn't have this problem though.
All the same, much obliged.
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 9:45 PM
The next Release might help with those Problems! I don't know if they are completley solved, but it will be one step in the right direction.