Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 9:20 PM
Default Digital Copy / OFB and recolor issues....
I've asked at other sites and no one seems to have a clue what to do... I made the mistake of loaning my Sims2 CD's to a niece. After replacing my HD last year and having to purchase digital copies of everything except M&G, I am now finding that OFB buy mode objects can't be recolored. I open the file and there is no mesh to work with. Is there anything I can do???
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:06 AM
Check your file paths under SimPE: Extra -> Preferences -> System Folders. You might also want to check Extra -> Preferences -> FileTable.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 3:49 PM
Default Thanks, Mootilda
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Check your file paths under SimPE: Extra -> Preferences -> System Folders. You might also want to check Extra -> Preferences -> FileTable.

There is the culprit!... My digital download is for "Best of Business" !!! Evidently, SimPE does not recognize this. Can I manually populate the field???
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:55 PM
In the system folders click the game path on right, then click the ..., browse to the correct path. It will be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Best of Business\EP3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:55 PM
Default Okay....what next.....
Quote: Originally posted by Red Sonja
There is the culprit!... My digital download is for "Best of Business" !!! Evidently, SimPE does not recognize this. Can I manually populate the field???

I have added the "Best of Business Collection" in the preferences. However, in the file list, it says that the file is missing. Is there anywhere to go from here?
Site Helper
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:46 PM
Are you sure that the path is correct? Did you click on the Reload button after changing the path?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 11:24 PM
Default what now......
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
In the system folders click the game path on right, then click the ..., browse to the correct path. It will be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Best of Business\EP3

Okay... I have done that.... When you go to the "File Table" It says that there are files missing ... not only for OFB... but for Nightlife....which is included in their Double Deluxe edition... and still a no-go for recoloring
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 1:42 AM
Default reloading, etc.....
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda

yup... I double checked the game location.... had it run a system check.... had it reload.... saved the preferences.... shut down my computer altogether.... re-started....

and everything is the same... poop!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 1:18 PM
Default something worked!
before I went to bed....defragged the computer and, with my system mechanic, ran programs to repair registry and re-align mis-aligned files. I thought I was going to have to uninstall best of business and find a copy of OFB on Amazon. This morning, opened up SimPE....and omg! Business items loaded up, too! YEAH!....

Thanks so much. I'm not a mesher... but I am a recoloring fiend and you have made my day....

I worship at the altars of the great Bovine and the Mad Goddess.....