Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:21 PM
Default First ever sims 3 family?
Does anyone remember the first family they had in the sims 3? I feel like the first family you have in any sims game will always be your favourite sometimes I miss them so much cause it was such an interesting family I remember my son Rob married Zelda Mae even though she was an elder, she was my main sims best friend so when I checked the family tree I was shocked to see she had married my son, I also remember their eldest kids wedding was on the beach but at the time for some reason I thought you had to buy the venue to have a party on it so I bought the beach.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:23 PM
For some weird reason I cannot remember my first sims 3 family but only the agony of figuring out how to plant harvestables. Took me an embarrassingly long time. However, I can still remember my first sims 2 family to the detail of which pair of underwear the guy was wearing and where I placed that pink flamingo neon light in the house.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:25 PM
I think my first family was not only my favourite but played the longest. This was of course back in 2009, where I totally had no idea what I was doing or how to take care of a toddler in the family... Yeah that didn't go well... No idea what the names were, but the family existed out of a mom that I vaguely remember having white hooker boots, the dad being a default bin sim, and their 2 kids, 1 being a child, the other a toddler. Living in this super huge box house with unpainted walls... because what even were cheats?
They both grew up pretty awesome (even though I had no idea how to give a bottle to a toddler, but autonomous ftw! :P) though for some reason, every birthday in that save, they always managed to lit themselves on fire. Why? I have no idea

Nor did I had any clue who the hell Mortimer was, (Though I did play all the other sims games so I don't know why 2009 me didn't see that) so since he was kind of that 'potentia future husband' sim, got him to eventually break up with Bella when my sim asked him to move in, so my sim could marry him... Thinking back, that save was just an entire mess of 'Idek what i'm doing nor why i'm doing this but this is cool' and jealousy.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:41 PM
I thought "Oh, my Gods, Claire the Bear was one of my favorite things from Sims 1, I have to try out the sim named after her." I then quickly found out that being a single parent in Sims 3 is harder than it looked especially when the parent is in a full time job.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:51 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 16th Jul 2018 at 8:21 PM.
Everything I did in TS3 anno 2010 and much of 2011 involved Holly Alto, who then married to become Holly Steele. Then I got bored and made the near-identical Holly Bridge who eventually became Holly Bridges, girlfriend and wife to Amber Parker. Suddenly it's 2015 and I get bored of playing the first same-sex couple in the history of the universe, ever. So I pull a random Sim of mine out of the TS4verse and modify her to become Lorelei Gallagher, who's once again basically the same but different. Another year casually passes and I get tired of the 21st century. So in an act of unparalleled creativity, I give birth to noted '80s fashion enthusiast and potential mother to Lorelei, Laura Gallagher.

Long story short, 8 years pass and I'm still playing with a modified version of a modified version of a modified version of Holly Alto and holy crap, this lady even has a boyfriend with the same hairstyle as clone #2's ex, who died unceremoniously in an unfortunate murder accident in 2012.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:26 PM
A single sim I made myself - she was a cop.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 12:57 AM
A sim of my own creation, as if I knew what I was doing on Day One which I most certainly did not, later partnered with a Sunset Valley pre-made. It's not difficult for me to remember them as they are the great great (etc.) grandparents of the main legacy style household around which my game is centered today and my original sim's genetics still keep showing up all over the place. That first couple is actually still alive, technically, parked in Starlight Shores in permanent retirement (Travel mod connected). I really have to take care of that one of these days and bring their remains home so I can have their ghosts around, but for some reason cannot bring myself to go through all of that just yet.

No one told me back in late 2011 when I first started playing that we were supposed to start the game over every once in a while, so I never did and still have not done so.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
No one told me back in late 2011 when I first started playing that we were supposed to start the game over every once in a while, so I never did and still have not done so.

Igazor, you should really look into getting some NRaas mods.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Igazor, you should really look into getting some NRaas mods.

I have actually heard of them. Not sure what all the fuss is about, maybe one of these days.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:06 AM
Loads of people can't remember the names of their sims, even though I'mm awful with names I remember all their names, which child was older than which, all the in laws and even the clothes they all wore.. I might remake them one of these days
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:11 AM
I made a Sim in one, Rose Phipps, then made her in 2 and 3 and 4. Started 2 and 3 and 4 with her. Immediately moved to start my legacy families though, so she went on the back burner. Had her as a friend of the family in 3 for a while. I used 2 and 3 versions of her as my avatar for a while back when on sites.
Scholar
#12 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:59 AM
I lost a lot of my saved games and a good number of sims in the 'Big Crash' of... 2013, I think it was. But by good fortune I managed to save my original families, both from Sunset Valley and Twinbrook. From the former there were the Browns - Sissy and her daughter Dolly. Nearby lived the Reynalds family, Sam, his wife Delilah and their daughter Stacey. Both of these families had earlier incarnations in The Sims, and in Sims 2. The Big Crash brought tragedy though, Delilah had just given birth to a son named Joey, and for lack of a backup I lost him. Very sad, my first ever sim baby.

Anyway, with the game installed on a new computer I began again. But a curious change had come over Delilah (well okay, I decided to spice things up a bit). She went from being a shy, mousy little housewife to being a ruthlessly ambitious diva, determined to let nothing stand in the way of becoming a huge movie star. In the end Sam (and me too) got fed up with paparazzi camped out on the porch, and sent Stacey away to school. The school in question was St Feda's, then a rather modest affair under the tutelage of one Miss Helen Grimshaw. There she met Dolly Brown and they became BFFs. Also there were Georgiana SInclair, Yvonne Holmes and, of course, the bossy Head Girl Samantha Bright. When I moved them all in there occurred one of those emergencies you occasionally get when starting a new family, in this case a plague of rats. It was Samantha who dealt with the situation and afterwards, with a meaningful glance at Stacey and her chums, was heard to remark: "If only every little rat was as easy to deal with". Well, she might have said that (in Simlish) but that's my story of how they came to be called the 'Little Rats'.

I've been through a couple more computers since, and had to re-install the game a few times, but for all the changes that have taken place those sims have come the distance. Sissy is still around, and so is Sam. Haven't seen Delilah in a while though. Last I heard, she changed her name to Roberts and moved to Bridgeport to pursue her career. I'm told she's doing well.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 4:16 PM
I played with some of the premade families in Sunset Valley, I think my first one was Claire Ursine? I used to love to rotate between all the premade families in TS2 but the premades in TS3 just don't have these nice detailed stories and biographies and family photos and memories and secrets ... (later worlds even worse than SV) except for 2 or 3 more prominent familes, so I got bored of that. I don't remember what own sim I created then, but I got bored of that too, very very quickly. Honestly I was quite disappointed in the game at the beginning; it only became fun with a couple of EPs (and mods of course), the vanilla experience wasn't really memorable for me.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 4:46 PM Last edited by igazor : 18th Jul 2018 at 5:03 PM.
I wouldn't say that the vanilla experience was all that memorable in and of itself, but for me it was still engaging enough and good to use as a learning platform. But it wasn't 2009 when I first played, I had already read about the five EPs that were out by then and even about some of the mods although I wasn't ready to use them immediately (shocking, I know). And of course we knew by then that there almost had to be Seasons and Uni expansions among the others somewhere in the near future. Ah, and my first TS3 store purchase -- some ugly end table I wasted something like 12 store points on. I still have it in my legacy household's master bedroom to remind me what a silly purchase it was, even for only 12 points, but Launcher installing that thing was a learning exercise as well back then. Oh look, a new ebc file showed up!

So everywhere I looked back then on those early game sessions, what I saw was potential that for the most part was later realized.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 6:45 PM
The first one I made on the PC version (my first Sims game was 3 for the wii I got in 2013), I made a few families based on ocs of mine and my friend's. But none of them did what they were "supposed" to, so I ragequit until April 2014. Lol.

Then when I got back into the game, my first "official" family was a single sim named Morgan Evancy, and I primarily made her because I wanted to experiment making ghost babies. So I found her perfect match in the dead sim Joel Astroman. They had a four girls together: Clarissa and Gabriella (twins, first born), Alice, and Helena (the only ghost). And at the time I had to expand the shotgun house, it did not look good. XD Anyways, I eventually had Alice fall in love with Cornelia Goth (who by EA story progression was widowed..and aging was off btw) when she aged to a young adult. And for some reason I had Morgan and Joel have a few more kids. But after a while, I had switched to Cornelia's family and moved in Alice who was now Cornelia's fiancée. Then I stupidly decided to delete Alice's family because there were too many, aaaaand that caused so many issues, so I had to quit. But despite that, I still fondly remember that first family and have occasionally tried to repeat the same thing a few times because I loved that game so much.
#16 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:22 AM
Three sims based on a fanfic I'm still writing. One of them is a canon character and the others are OCs of his friend and their mentor. So that there wouldn't be any hanky panky, I made them related in the game.

I have all three sims still and sometimes I'll put them in the town.
Instructor
#17 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:43 AM
One of the little girls I looked after at the time was super into Frozen, so I made Elsa and Anna and built them a ginormous house and I'm pretty sure Olaf was their large white wolfhound. We both lost interest in that pretty quickly though I think I still have that save sitting around somewhere with that huge old house still unfinished.

After that I made Nora who was one of the bin sims (the one with black hair and purple ends) and let her be a rock star and a jockey. I lose interest in saves pretty quickly but I still play most of them every now and then, including hers.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:42 AM
Pretty much the single sim I use now, albeit a previous incarnation with hideous base game hair. The first 'family' in the sense of more than one in the household was the Addams Family. :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:41 PM
The first Sims 3 sim I made was Dave N'Sane and he married Madison VanWatson. They had a kid named Noobu and I played the family for several generations before the town became completely devoid of other sims. Then, I made a different sim and downloaded Indie Stone (later NRaas). :lovestruc
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:48 PM
My first (YA female) TS3 sim was actually based on an elder male CAS bin sim. I don't still technically have her, but I've recreated her many times and usually put her somewhere in any save I'm currently making. The very first save, she lived in Myrtle Bungalow down by the beach. A lot which is still my favourite. I'm not entirely sure, but I *think* she had kids with Connor Frio but never really moved him in. It's usually him or Beau Andrews I rely on for cute offspring in SV. Might've been with both. She's had several first names that sim, but always Jones as the last name for reasons I'm not clear on myself even. So whatshername Jones were really into gardening and fishing, and I remember I was disappointed in the former but excited about the latter, which was A LOT more fun than in TS2. She even got to come back as a playable ghost and keep on gardening and fishing for many generations long after her kids and hrandkids had passed on.

Jones have earned me a ton of badges for the sims3.com page, partaken in a 100 baby challenge (that I didn't finish after she died...) and been everything from a fairy to a mermaid, as well as had alien babies. Right now I'm playing Twinbrook for as many generations it takes for them to catch up with the other world timelines and I'm gonna put her somewhere she's never been before to live out yet another life among all the premades. When, how and where I have yet to decide.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 4:18 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:22 PM.
Will post screenshots here when I find them. It's that kind of thread isn't it?

EDIT: made a couple. Couldn't be bothered to finish the other ones.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 5:17 PM
Mine was the Singh family and the Price family. Devdas "Dev" Singh married Johanna Price* and their youngest daughter, whose name I can't remember anymore, became my heir. All I remember is that she was insane with the author aspiration, and it was super fun to play her. She eventually married a star athlete and her child became my next heir. Every Sim family I played was a descendant of Dev and Johanna until a few years ago, when I decided to start fresh.

Here's a picture from Dev and Johanna's wedding. It's so funny when I look back on my oldest screenshots compared to my newest. The contrast is unbelievable!

*Their relationship was inspired by a Bollywood movie I saw in which there was a romance between an Indian man and an English woman. They didn't end up together, so I had to make my own "happy ending" version in the Sims 3. I do that a lot, tbh.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:31 PM
FYI, I jumped into Sims 3 very late. 2015 to be exact. I got it dirt cheap bundled with Late Night and my first sim/family was this jackass:

Aaron Ludlum whose personality (but not appearance) was based on how I imagined my favorite sim Gordon from TS2 would act: Evil, Charismatic, Childish, Good sense of humor and Brave.
He ended up getting on top of the criminal career, marrying his maid and having 5 children. One adopted, 4 biological.

And because I (still) suck with letting go of sims I grow attached to, he got himself turned to a vampire and is still alive. There's some great-great-grandchildren of his around, asking him for autographs XD.
Yeah, having flashbacks of the guy his personality was based on because he too ended up living forever as a vampire. Though Aaron has been more... respectable citizen since he has actually been Eternally Faithful whereas Gordon was fooling around with half of the town.

Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:50 PM
I made my own version of the Goths, named the Spyders. The only family member I actually remember is Ophelia Spyder, I made her with the intention of getting in-between Mortimer and Bella xD I didn't understand the new build mode at the time, I was ssoo used to TS2 build/buy!