Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Young adults can enjoy maternity (and all that)

by Lamare Posted 20th Sep 2017 at 12:17 AM - Updated 19th Jul 2023 at 9:56 AM by Lamare : info on compatibility

145 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
just a girl
Original Poster
#51 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:10 AM
@NewSimgirl2011, yep, most of the set would conflict with InTeen. I've edited the post to add notes on it where I know about potential issues, but even where I haven't noted the conflict, it still may be. InTeen is a big complicated mod, I've never used it, so I may be mistaken somewhere.

@Amalia81, yes, sims have an option to stay. When graduating time comes, you'll see a dialog pop-up asking you, whether you want the sim to move out.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#52 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:53 AM
That's what I thought - thanks!

(Meant to reply here instead of by PM. Don't mind me, I'm a scatterbrain like that. XD)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#53 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:26 AM
Thanks for confirming @Lamare
Instructor
#54 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
@NewSimgirl2011, yep, most of the set would conflict with InTeen. I've edited the post to add notes on it where I know about potential issues, but even where I haven't noted the conflict, it still may be. InTeen is a big complicated mod, I've never used it, so I may be mistaken somewhere.

That is unfortunate, since I know a number of simmers who use InTeen do so because it creates for a more realistic world. Of course, I thought there were mods that worked with InTeen or a flavorpak or something that made YA's having kids possible or something other than this too...

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:35 PM
This is so awesome! You are the best! Thank you!
just a girl
Original Poster
#56 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:26 PM
Default New addition
I added new file:
Uni-teens-stay-teens - prevents the game from turning teens into young adults on university lots, other than dorms. So teens may stay teens until you decide it's time they became students.
See full description in main post.
Thanks to LilSister for help with testing.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#57 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:32 PM
I wanted to offer some feedback. I have my very first little family at uni now. It's a husband, wife, their infant, and their many, many housemates. Most of the college students have jobs as well as school.

I have never liked uni, never. For the first time I am LOVING it. This makes the housemates more than just ships that pass in the day as they run from class to class. They are all invested in little Baz. They all contribute to the house hold. They're friends, and for the first time, ever, kind of real to me.

Thank you for this, Lamare. Thank you a thousand times!
Forum Resident
#58 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:02 PM
Question: I use ACR already - would this mod in combination with ACR allow my YAs to try for baby and potentially become pregnant?

Thank you so much in advance.
just a girl
Original Poster
#59 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Question: I use ACR already - would this mod in combination with ACR allow my YAs to try for baby and potentially become pregnant?

Autonomously? No. Unless they update ACR to allow autonomous interaction for YAs.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Autonomously? No. Unless they update ACR to allow autonomous interaction for YAs.

Ahh, okay - thank you so much!
Test Subject
#61 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 9:54 PM
Were you going to upload a mod for moving in pets into dorms/private houses? I wanted to have each dorm a kind of mascot animal, that goes with a sim when they become elderly, but currently have to teleport them in with Simblender.
just a girl
Original Poster
#62 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 1:49 PM
@Shickamru, I'm going to release this at some point: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=601886
Haven't gotten around to it yet.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:25 AM
Hello @Lamare, thank you for an amazing mod. I have a small question. Would it be possible to use it with Squinge's Mega College Pack? Thanks in advance.
just a girl
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aileena
Hello @Lamare, thank you for an amazing mod. I have a small question. Would it be possible to use it with Squinge's Mega College Pack? Thanks in advance.

Hey, @Aileena. I don't use Mega College Pack, so I can't be entirely sure, but I'd estimate that using these mods together probably won't cause any bugs.
HCDU doesn't show any conflicts.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 3:31 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 21st Apr 2018 at 7:19 PM.
Edit: Never mind about ACR, I see you already addressed it.

Conflict found: AncientHighway's lotfullofsims conflicts with YA-pregnancy (probably the pregnancy check that sees if there is room for another sim). Any way to resolve this?

I haven't installed it, but I'm like 99% certain that the male alien pregnancy file will conflict with alien pregnancy for all genders mods. Is there any way we could get alien pregnancy for all genders on campus?

I do not see a conflict with no20khandouts and the Uni moveout, but I am really suspicious, because you seem to be doing the same thing (except with more user control) when it comes to uni moveout. Are these mods really compatible?
just a girl
Original Poster
#66 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 6:51 AM Last edited by Lamare : 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Conflict found: AncientHighway's lotfullofsims conflicts with YA-pregnancy (probably the pregnancy check that sees if there is room for another sim). Any way to resolve this?

Try to load my file after AncientHighway's lotfullofsims.
I looked into it, and it looks like they overwrite "Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?" BHAV just so it can ignore "Lot - Full of Sims?" check. I don't understand why they do it, since they also modify "Lot - Full of Sims?" making it always return false, so it won't interfere with pregnancy anyway. Looks like a bit of an overkill there. I might be missing something, but I don't see any other changes in Pregnancy BHAV they make.
So, yeah, let my version of Pregnancy BHAV overwrite theirs.
Thanks for reporting, I'll edit the list of conflicts.

I haven't installed it, but I'm like 99% certain that the male alien pregnancy file will conflict with alien pregnancy for all genders mods. Is there any way we could get alien pregnancy for all genders on campus?

I can make it happen.

I do not see a conflict with no20khandouts and the Uni moveout, but I am really suspicious, because you seem to be doing the same thing (except with more user control) when it comes to uni moveout. Are these mods really compatible?

Yes they are. YA-move-out-of-college takes priority when it comes to moving out of college, but no20khandouts still works in other moving out occasions. Load order doesn't matter, by the way.

--
Added new version for post-abduction pregnancies: YA-anygender-alien-pregnancy - young males AND females can get a green bundle of joy with this one. Don't mix with YA-male-alien-pregnancy - choose only one version.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#67 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:41 PM
Thank you! This looks fantastic.

Edit: Sorry, one more question. Are there any male maternity outfits for YAs? I saw you linked some female ones, but is there a conversion that makes the normal male pregnancy clothing wearable by YAs or something?
just a girl
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 3:19 PM
@kestrellyn, isn't ambodymaternitycomfy already available for young adults? I don't remember... That's a good question. As for extra male maternity clothes, I'm not aware of good places to hunt for them (I've never downloaded any), but I've seen such outfits around.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 4:20 PM
Actually, I don't know, I'll have to play and see if it is.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:43 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 19th May 2018 at 6:04 PM.
Hi, I found kind of a funny bug with Greek houses. I had a sim in a Greek house get pregnant and have a baby. Then, I moved a teen sim from the main hood into a dorm and tried to have her join the Greek house (she was BFFs with all of the YA sims in the Greek house). The baby answered the phone for the Greek house, and then showed up with the other Greek house members for the socialization period, zipping around the lot sort of like the other Greek house members did except without walking, and my sim had to cuddle and play with the baby until she got 10 daily relationship with him in order to join the Greek house. Could babies and toddlers and children possibly be excluded from the Greek house joining process?

Also, to follow up from earlier, the male alien pregnancy clothing is wearable by YAs, but there do not seem to be any male YA pajamas that show the bump.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 19th May 2018 at 6:05 PM
Hi @Lamare, I forgot to mention you, do you think you could look at excluding babies from the Greek house approval process?
just a girl
Original Poster
#72 Old 20th May 2018 at 2:45 PM
Hey, @kestrellyn. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I saw your post and even made a fix for joining Greek house. I was going to post after I had a chance to test it in game. It might take a while, mostly for technical reasons.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 20th May 2018 at 11:49 PM
Ok, thanks, sorry for the spam, I just wasn't sure if you had seen it, since I don't get notified about new posts in all of my mod threads either.
just a girl
Original Poster
#74 Old 21st May 2018 at 6:03 AM
I check out new posts on subscriptions page every time I visit the site.
just a girl
Original Poster
#75 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:14 PM
Updates
- Uni-join-greek-fix (new file) - When your sim tries to join a Greek house that has under-aged residents, the game will only use teens or older sims in the scenario.
- Maternity outfit fix for young adults (separate thread) - The fix makes maternity wear fully available to students by default.

@kestrellyn, thank you for letting me know about these issues. Well, I knew about the clothing, but I didn't know I could do anything about it. :D
Page 3 of 6