Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 8:45 PM Last edited by jane47 : 18th Jul 2019 at 2:20 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Inviting specific Sim over the phone crashes game immediately [SOLVED]
Last night, I moved a townie to the neighborhood and invited one of her friends over. Immediately after, the game crashed. At first, I thought it was a mod conflict so I removed a couple, but the issue still persisted. I did an experiment: Invite any other Sim other than the suspicious Sim; the game works just fine. Before narrowing down whether it was a household issue or a Sim issue, I tried a different household and invited a Sim over. Everything is normal. Go to another household and invite the suspicious Sim in question: Game crashes.

So, here's the question: Is it completely possible to remove the "corruptibility (or whatever it causes a Sim to be "crashable")" of a Sim? I did try to clear off any gossip tokens, but still the same issue. Or, is this a lost cause and I should ignore the Sim?

For major clarification, this Sim, in particular, is a GearHead from Apartment Life, so I can assume he is safe to play.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 9:46 PM
"Moved a townie to the neigborhood" = "made playable?" If so, open his lot. Have you made him over at all? Undo the changes, or change them to different things. (I had a blouse once that crashed the game if a sim wearing it tried to use the photobooth to take a picture. Don't try to make this stuff make sense) Take out the batbox, look under "Memory." If "Wipe corrupt" appears as an option, take it. Save these changes, have this sim invite someone over. Does it work? If not, get back in and swap out his phone, try it again.

Quit the game, back it up, run the HoodChecker to Remove.

Try again to invite him over. What happens?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
"Moved a townie to the neigborhood" = "made playable?" If so, open his lot. Have you made him over at all? Undo the changes, or change them to different things. (I had a blouse once that crashed the game if a sim wearing it tried to use the photobooth to take a picture. Don't try to make this stuff make sense) Take out the batbox, look under "Memory." If "Wipe corrupt" appears as an option, take it. Save these changes, have this sim invite someone over. Does it work? If not, get back in and swap out his phone, try it again.

Quit the game, back it up, run the HoodChecker to Remove.

Try again to invite him over. What happens?

Sorry this is so late, I had limited access to my computer for the past month. But, oddly enough, this worked! I changed the playable Sim and Christian Love's clothes to something else and now calling him over no longer makes my game crash. The Sims 2 is so peculiar about this kind of things, I never knew!